Raftel Discussion Thread

the Rewards at Raftel...

• TREASURE

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • the truth...the RIO PONEGLYPH

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • a message from GOL D. ROGER (on important details e.g. the WILL of D.)

• NOTHING(the adventure of getting there was the 'treasure')

• WEAPONS (e.g. like Pluton)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (any thoughts - please reply)

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Freakzin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Re: raftel

ya thx for the pic really cleared it out for me ^^

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Freakzin said:
ya thx for the pic really cleared it out for me ^^
no probs

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

But that raised a big question. It says, no matter which 7 you choose, you'll ended up in Raftel. If that's the case, why is it that only Roger has arrived at the island? Unless that Flowerman is talking about pirates only, it makes no sense that no one in history never reached that island.

Then a lot of questions pop up.
1. How that old man knew Roger has reached the island for real?
2. If nobody ever reached there (except Roger), why is that people believe that there's an island called Raftel?
3. What is blocking the way to Raftel until the degree that no one has reached there? Natural occurances or human inteerference?
4. If human's, they must know Raftel and been there. How else they blocked people from going there if they don't know where it is?

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

baxteristic said:
2. If nobody ever reached there (except Roger), why is that people believe that there's an island called Raftel?
3. What is blocking the way to Raftel until the degree that no one has reached there? Natural occurances or human inteerference?
4. If human's, they must know Raftel and been there. How else they blocked people from going there if they don't know where it is?
1. my guess, he was part of rogers crew and have been there.
2. see answer on nr 1
3.could be many many things. The last islands could be inhabited by Giants that are not as friendly as the ones weve seen before. or the last stretch to raftel requires a 10 year wait for the logpose to set. or naruto in kyuubimode. could be many things.
4. probably related to the void century in some way. how? no clue

infyquest

Reaction score
Country
India

Can any1 tell me where are the SH Pirates on the map? (Current Position)

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

infyquest said:
Can any1 tell me where are the SH Pirates on the map? (Current Position)
well, thats not easy to say. considering that they may have steered off from one of the courses after skypiea. but if they didnt then they should be in between the seventh and eight island from the first. counting jaya and skypiea as the same island then it should be like this:
1. whiskey peak
2. little garden
3. drum
4. arabasta
5. jaya/skypiea
6. long rind land
7. water 7
8. enies lobby
and now they probably are going back to water 7.

infyquest

Reaction score
Country
India

How many more to go? :?
(May be 4-5 more till he gets to a minimal crew of 10) Now its 7+1

bax

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

infyquest said:
How many more to go? :?
(May be 4-5 more till he gets to a minimal crew of 10) Now its 7+1
There's no telling how many more. According to logic, they are not even halfway through the GL.

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

baxteristic said:
There's no telling how many more. According to logic, they are not even halfway through the GL.
screw logic :p it has no place in Odaverse :nuts

Anti-panda

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

It doesn't matter ...the adventures aren't over once they reach raftel they still haven't explored more than about 1/8 of the grandline and only 1 out of 4 oceans of the world .. lots of adventures left... all blue... the void century ... encounters with 2 more marine admirals and the pirates summit ... and going to the govt holy land ... and white beard... and damn thats not even half of all of it ..blackbeard.. the shinchibukai.. ....

bax

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

BoffenJL said:
screw logic :p it has no place in Odaverse :nuts
Yeah.. I should give in to that. But, I was talking about the island counts and GL.

neild

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

baxteristic said:
But that raised a big question. It says, no matter which 7 you choose, you'll ended up in Raftel. If that's the case, why is it that only Roger has arrived at the island? Unless that Flowerman is talking about pirates only, it makes no sense that no one in history never reached that island.

so is red line the name for the sea? or it is just a name for a line that is crossing grand line?
my answer for question no:
1.maybe the man himself has gone to that island or
he has friends or relatives who are colesly/even not related to Gold Roger, and pass the stories
2.because roger said he kept his treasure-one piece in an island
people believe raftel is never been reached by anyone else except roger and crew
so where is the best place to hide the most valuable treasure for roger? no brainer: raftel!
3. magnetic field that keeps them away? or
a huge invicible monster that ate devil fruit who kicks whoever wants to come to that island
4.friends/relatives who know about how to get to raftel protects the secret or
the world government already knows about the secret to go there, and they protect whoever wants to come there by eliminating them one by one. the reason is it may be related to the poneglyph contains information about the void century theory (read further in tree of knowlege-void century section posted by me)

bax

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

neild said:
so is red line the name for the sea? or it is just a name for a line that is crossing grand line?
Red Line is a series of mountains (gigantic ones) that circle the globe verticaly (longitude).

neild

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

baxteristic said:
Red Line is a series of mountains (gigantic ones) that circle the globe verticaly (longitude).
So in order to reach raftel they must cross this mountain with the ship righ...just how are they gonna do that..

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

neild said:
So in order to reach raftel they must cross this mountain with the ship righ...just how are they gonna do that..
youve seen them doing it once. reverse mountain is part of redline.

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States

So can you safely exit the grandline to one of the four oceans like reverse mountain only in reverse ... :darn or is it a strictly up and over kinda thing...
I think maybe you can exit at the redline or you can proceed through the grandline further. I base this on instinct ... it would make sense seeing as so many people return from the grand line but so few make it all the way through. Just look at all the strawhats have been through up till now ... a average or even above average crew would be taxed to the limit by now.

Dark Zeza

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Anti-panda said:
So can you safely exit the grandline to one of the four oceans like reverse mountain only in reverse ... :darn or is it a strictly up and over kinda thing...
I think maybe you can exit at the redline or you can proceed through the grandline further. I base this on instinct ... it would make sense seeing as so many people return from the grand line but so few make it all the way through. Just look at all the strawhats have been through up till now ... a average or even above average crew would be taxed to the limit by now.
I've never think of that, but now that you mentioned it, there might be reverse mountain at the half way (for the one who get homesick :darn ). But I still wonder how do people from one blue cross to another blue (outside grandline) ex. Sanji.

mangaka

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

is raftel an English word but written according to Japanese pronunciation?if true, what is raftel in english?

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States

Does anyone else think maybe the pirates summit ... happens at the red line.
Like a pirate free for all ... fight your way to the top kinda thing.. Ace said that'd be the next place he see's luffy.?

Yans86

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Italy

Raftel....Raftel....Raftel....stop please! 1)The doctor Clover didn't say the name of the island. 2)The word Raftel isn't present in all the manga 3)The island where is One piece and the island of the ancient civilization can't be the same because the second was destroyed with almost all the population 4)Oda isn's that stupid to reveal a secret like the name of the island where is supposed to be one piece! :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad

ps sorry for my english,I'm italian