Ranking of the Strawhats' Strength | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Ranking of the Strawhats' Strength

FetherMan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
1. Luffy
2. Nico Robin
3. Zoro
4. Franky
5. Sanji
6. Ussop
7. Brook
8. Nami
9. Chopper

some people are underestimating "Nico" big time.

BlackSword

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
1. Luffy
2. Nico Robin
3. Zoro
4. Franky
5. Sanji
6. Ussop
7. Brook
8. Nami
9. Chopper

some people are underestimating "Nico" big time.
Some people may be underestimating Robin but you are clearly over estimating her. :gwah You trollin? :derp

Last edited:

Zoronoa Roro

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
nico have deadliest abillity and she is long range fighter but close range she is prety lame close range and thats why she is giving impresion of weakness

BobbinaSu

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
1) Luffy-No need to explain.
2) Zoro-After the time-skip, Zoro is invincible, almost. He has a sense of direction now, his swordsmanship has been refined, he knows haki, and he can fight Tashigi. An overall monster. Even before, he's a great vice-captain and the most serious. While he may seem like an idiot, he's always held the crew together and been the serious one (When they were waiting for Ussop's return, when he was scolding Chopper at the Davy Back Fight, when he was telling Luffy to be cautious and serious, etc.)
3) Sanji- Sanji is pretty darn strong now, and really fast. He's got great mobility with his Geppou and Blue walk. Plus, he's gotten stronger and faster. Faster than Zoro. Also, he uses his brain, which makes him a dangerous opponent (like the opening of the Gates of Justice.)
4) Franky. Franky has always been really powerful. He's got his long ranged weapons, like "Weapons Left," Fire breathing, "Franky Radical Beam," and "Coup De Burst." And he's also strong in Melee, "Strong Right," etc. He's got cheap, dirty tricks, (Like the centaur and the pursuit cannons, as well as the General Robo,) And plenty of machines to use, like the Rhino Bike, Brachio Tank, General Robo, etc.
5) Robin. Robin's skill is actually really powerful. She can practically teleport, make clones, fly for short distances, and spy on others. She has infinite range, almost, and can hurt the enemy from anywhere. If she was physically stronger and faster, she'd be really powerful.
6) Brook. Brook's pretty mobile, with his light jumps and his walking on water. His new ice blade is just awesome, and makes his humming blade and arrow notch cuts so much cooler and stronger. His soul thing is really cheap, allowing him to past through things, spy on people, and communicate from afar. His music is useful, and can dissuade the enemy from fighting (making them fall asleep or party.)
7) Chopper. I'd have to say Chopper is stronger than Ussop because he's pretty versatile. His Kung Fu point is pretty fast and strong, while his Horn point is useful as well. His Heavy point is really powerful, along with his Monster point. Overall, he's a pretty good all-around fighter, just lacking range. His brain point is useful, for finding enemy weaknesses.
8) Ussop. His new Pop Greens are useful, and have a variety of effects, making him pretty versatile too. However, we haven't seen as much of him fighting after the time skip as Chopper, which is partly why I ranked him lower. Most of the times he's hiding and bragging and running away. Lol. But I think one advantage he has over Chopper is that he's a strategic fighter, and has range. For example, his trap against Daruma.
9) Finally, Nami. Sadly, Nami's last on the list. Her Climatact is useful, but she's physically weak and slow. She's actually probably one of the more destructive and area-damaging SH's, with her powerful lightning strikes. However, she's more useful as an informant and navigator than a fighter. All we've really seen her do after the time skip is blast people with lightning clouds or lightning lances. Her fighting style is very interesting though, the whole weather control thing. For example, her Gust Sword was one of my favorite moves.

Jdapenao

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Wasn't Ussop supposed to be the weakest member of the SH, like, forever... That was said by Oda, I understand the point on regards to fighting capabilities he goes up on ranking.

From my point of view Nami and Ussop are the weakest of the SH, but Nami has been categorized as one of the most intelligent people in One Piece Universe, so that sure give her an edge over a lot of more powerful SH and their enemies, in a fight against Ussop I will put my money on Nami.

Last edited:

Zoronoa Roro

Reaction score
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Usopp needs to be weakest so he could be "The bravest" becouse bravery is not absence of fear its overcoming the fear... thats why he will become brave man of the sea!

cearon

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
2) Zoro-After the time-skip, Zoro is invincible, almost. He has a sense of direction now, his swordsmanship has been refined, he knows haki, and he can fight Tashigi. An overall monster. Even before, he's a great vice-captain and the most serious. While he may seem like an idiot, he's always held the crew together and been the serious one (When they were waiting for Ussop's return, when he was scolding Chopper at the Davy Back Fight, when he was telling Luffy to be cautious and serious, etc.)
1st of all zoro always can fight tashigi he just chose not to because her appearence was like kuina and she said the same things as her. in their fight which happened in loguetown he didint even have to use any attacks and didnt even break a sweat. 2. oda never stated him to be the firstmate. it is something the fandom thinks he is. and it didnt help when in sabody one of the other captains think the same way. unless it is clearly stated that he is we cant except it.

my strentgh list.

1 luffy well he just is. but dont make a mistake luffy was never this all time monster. his willpower is above any1 in the manga and he just cant except to lose. the enemies he defeated were several times stronger than him and yes he still managed it but not before coming close to death . his exact lvl of ability was clear in marineford. with his haki (all 3 types) he edges the others. 1 factor he is monster lvl is his enourmous luck.

= zoro i dont think zoro and lufy has to much difference in strentgh. the only downsize in which he seems not so is because luffy always tries to punch above his weight where as zoro always fought with opponents he needs achivable adjustments. after the lessons he received from mihawk his exact ability might be more clear for every1.has also 2 types of haki confirmed. (though he might also have haushouki too. though this just a hunch)

3 sanji he is not so far behind than luffy or zoro. his policy of leg usage is not a downsize and i dont think it makes much of a difference.with the improved diable jumble and his hell enhanced legs he can adapt to any situaition. the only problem seems to be his haki and how effectively he can use it.

4 franky his versatile arsenal and the fact that he can reconstruct himself when almost dead shows he does have above average stamina and endurance. his new remodeling is also first class.

5 robin her DF is one of the best paramecia there is. maybe the exception of earthquake one WB had. but her own strength is not so great. but beacuse of her superior intelect she made it a plus rather than a weakness.

6 chopper by managing to transform 6 times and having control over monster point he can easily take care of himslef in almost all situiations.
=brook new found blade coating his superior speed and near immortality makes him component. but his swordsmanship pales in light of zoro. he makes up for it with his magical music.

7 nami her sorcery climatact is something tobe feared. but a life that made her runaway from the age of 8 left her with a very keen survival instinct she cant just forget. she wont be put down as easily as she was before but not exactly some1 she can go head to head with elites of the NW.

=usopp same as nami mostly though his cowardice is mostly a personality issue than actual events. you cant become a new person no matter how much you train. his redeeming quality is that he seems to be effectively damage foes regardles of range.

BobbinaSu

Reaction score
Country
United States
1st of all zoro always can fight tashigi he just chose not to because her appearence was like kuina and she said the same things as her. in their fight which happened in loguetown he didint even have to use any attacks and didnt even break a sweat. 2. oda never stated him to be the firstmate. it is something the fandom thinks he is. and it didnt help when in sabody one of the other captains think the same way. unless it is clearly stated that he is we cant except it.
Actually, Zoro tried to fight Tashigi in Loguetown but couldn't and ran away, scolding her for being so similar to Kuina. It wasn't that he chose not too, it's because he couldn't bring himself to fight someone so similar to Kuina. Also, even though it wasn't explicitly or officially stated, Zoro acts like a vice-captain. The examples I gave are just a few of the many times he led the Strawhats when Luffy was gone or when he held them together. Zoro has the position of Vice-captain or first-mate even if it isn't said so. There's a reason why others thought of him as a first mate. He acted like he was one, and had the same responsibilities as one. Also, he was first to join Luffy's crew.

cearon

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Actually, Zoro tried to fight Tashigi in Loguetown but couldn't and ran away, scolding her for being so similar to Kuina. It wasn't that he chose not too, it's because he couldn't bring himself to fight someone so similar to Kuina. Also, even though it wasn't explicitly or officially stated, Zoro acts like a vice-captain. The examples I gave are just a few of the many times he led the Strawhats when Luffy was gone or when he held them together. Zoro has the position of Vice-captain or first-mate even if it isn't said so. There's a reason why others thought of him as a first mate. He acted like he was one, and had the same responsibilities as one. Also, he was first to join Luffy's crew.
for the bold link below,

the fight starts 1 page early.squibble starts when tashigi starts speaking like kuina.and in loguetown zoro didnt run away from the squibble either dragon's storm make it stop. he starts running away from then on as i have explained and u mentioned.

for italics,

yes there r points like that specially the return of usopp and more so when he offered his life for lufy. about the responsibilities of the first mate, isnt just done by him though every single 1 of them took command at some point. (nami more so since she has more brains.) but what i said is unless oda says he is the first mate it wont be canon and his job on the ship will be the lookout and fighter(swordsman). think of it like this; when an actor plays extraordinarily well and is said to be oscar worthy doesnt mean a thing unless said actor actually wins that oscar.Also;

you can say this is usopp rambling but it can inadvertently means the ship doesnt actually have a first mate.

though this isnt the thread to discuss this. so sry every1.

EddyBob15

Reaction score
Country
United States
How about this order of strength:

Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Robin
Chopper
Franky
Brook
Nami
Usopp

ish3

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone who puts Nami above Usopp in strength needs to be slapped. Nami in my opinion needs way more one on one battles before anyone can say otherwise. She's the type who can really get knocked out by strong opponents in one hit. Her and Robin have barely had any battles so I'd like to see more but as it has been shown currently he is definitely higher than Nami. She's the only crew member that I need to see in a true hard fight. The sad thing is Usopp built the foundation of the current weapon she uses today.

EddyBob15

Reaction score
Country
United States
I thought it was stated that Usopp would be the weakest, ergo, below Nami.

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
The way i see it (i am counting Jinbe already) is this:

Luffy
Zoro - Sanji - Jinbe
Robin - Franky - Brook
Chopper - Usopp - Nami

EddyBob15

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nice to see that someone is already counting Jinbe, but how would you account if the SH add another member before he officially joins?

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I still think that Zoro, Sanji and Jinbe would be at the same level approximately while Luffy is above them. It depends on how strong the other new nakama is, personally i do not want that a new nakama is weaker than pre-TS Luffy anymore. They are soon going to attack Yonkou so that would be counterproductive.
Maybe something like this:

Luffy
Zoro - Sanji - Jinbe
Robin - New Nakama (my unlikely wish would be Bonney)
Franky - Brook
Chopper - Usopp - Nami

cearon

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
well i am not sure jinbei will be a nakama as we think. he is a man who takes his responsibilities very seriously. i dont think he will dissolve the sun pirates. i think he will be more like an ally under the banner of SH pirates like he was doing before. most likely with WB though. just as a feeling.

zArseniic

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think everyone is feeding around the bush when it come to this list. Luffy is far beyond the monster category. He poses Gomu Devil Fruit, All 3 Haki's, and what you guy call luck may actual be the Will of D. It has been mentioned by characters far more powerful than Luffy and the world government fears it. One thing made it clear in the Fisher-man Island arc, when the mermaid princess awakened or gained control of her power of Poseidon, that Luffy is Joy Boy. Luffy may have another power besides Haki that he has yet to realize. So my list goes as followed

Beyond monstrous:
Luffy

monstrous:
0. Jinbe ( his recruitment may be the same as his alliance with White Beards. Allies but not apart of the crew. Same goes for Law, and Kid.)
1. Zoro
2.Sanji
3.S.A.D. (my guess as the new member of the Straw Hat crew or at-least weapon)
4.Franky (I think we have yet to see what else he has. Also since he knows Dr. Vegapunk's tech he can be is bumped up to monstrous class)
5. Chopper ( He was already a monster he just lack control but now after the gap he clearly has more control over his yeti form. Also his use in medicine and how he uses them in fights makes him a contender.)

Normal:
6. Brook (his use in the Yami Yami fruit makes him near immortal, tangible like a ghost, and ability to manipulate his enemy with music. *its almost like gen jutsu)
7.Robin
8.Ussop-Nami

Weak:
None they have improved over the gap that no Straw Hats are weak anymore.

cearon

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
I think everyone is feeding around the bush when it come to this list. Luffy is far beyond the monster category. He poses Gomu Devil Fruit, All 3 Haki's, and what you guy call luck may actual be the Will of D. It has been mentioned by characters far more powerful than Luffy and the world government fears it. One thing made it clear in the Fisher-man Island arc, when the mermaid princess awakened or gained control of her power of Poseidon, that Luffy is Joy Boy. Luffy may have another power besides Haki that he has yet to realize. So my list goes as followed

Beyond monstrous:
Luffy

monstrous:
0. Jinbe ( his recruitment may be the same as his alliance with White Beards. Allies but not apart of the crew. Same goes for Law, and Kid.)
1. Zoro
2.Sanji
3.S.A.D. (my guess as the new member of the Straw Hat crew or at-least weapon)
4.Franky (I think we have yet to see what else he has. Also since he knows Dr. Vegapunk's tech he can be is bumped up to monstrous class)
5. Chopper ( He was already a monster he just lack control but now after the gap he clearly has more control over his yeti form. Also his use in medicine and how he uses them in fights makes him a contender.)

Normal:
6. Brook (his use in the Yami Yami fruit makes him near immortal, tangible like a ghost, and ability to manipulate his enemy with music. *its almost like gen jutsu)
7.Robin
8.Ussop-Nami

Weak:
None they have improved over the gap that no Straw Hats are weak anymore.
luffy isnt Joy Boy. that has been explained but he can be the 1 (most likely he will) that fullfill his promise to F.I. also we got a glimpse of his "other" power like roger. he apperently can "hear the voice of all things". though what it does isnt known.

S.A.D. is interesting to say the least.

well i can somehow see Law(though not exactly sure of it.) kidd isnt some1 lufy will enter in alliance since he harms civilians.

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters