Discussion Ranking the Pillars

XXGenesis

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
We're forgetting that Sanemi had a near-fatal experience against Kokushibou, so it is not fair to compare his (or Himejima's) performance to that of Iguro's.
Iguro started out fresh, while Sanemi had his abdomen slashed open, his fingers cut, and received additional blows.
I'm not comparing a battle worn Sanemi & Gyomei to Iguro. I'm comparing them overall. From how they preform from a healthy state to a dire one. We know how Gyomei & Sanemi fared against #1 UM. It was a hellish fight. Sanemi lost fingers, but his guts never fell out, he used .muscle control to stop that, he later stapled/stitched himself up during the fight, and after. Not to ignore these injuries still. He treated these injuries. Demon Slayers fight injured it's part of the job.

@levi12
Gyomei is #1. Nobody is disputing it, so you analogy of who got more hits makes then stronger is lost on the forum. Nobody said any Demon slayer was stronger than Gyomei.

Gyomei can enter the STW willingly. It's a technique that takes concentration. *He 1st unlocks it by being hyper focused/surpass limits vs #1. *Muzan was going beserk pushing back the Slayers Gyomeo says he cant go STW, too much pressure. But when Iguro & the others go Red blade & slow down Muzan's healing. He goes STW! He tells everyone to look closely....Iguro then unlocks the STW...what are you talking about? Its willingly once you can focus....Tanjiro mentions he doesnt have enough oxygen, to access it...not enough air to focus.come on mate...

Giyu had broken bones & nothing dire in his injuries vs Akaza. He also had a Pillar lv Tanjiro around and still got owned before and after his demon mark. Akaza even almost broke his sword and killed him, Tanjiro took it upon himself to save Giyu multiple times and finish Akaza....Just to touch on the fact Rengoku protected Tanjiro, and almost stalemated Akaza by himself. Many agree that Rengoku's showings were better because he was solo & not assisted by another Pillar lv character.

Iguro's feats & performance against Muzan.

*Save Tanjiro
*Iguro & Giyu clash with Muzan as fortress crumbles
* All 3 Pillars attack Muzan(Iguro goes for Neck) notices immediate regeneration. Giyu doubts himself but deducts theblater
*Fodder Demon Slayers protect Pillars from Muzan
*All 3 Pillars are hit by Muzan.
*As Muzan pushes all Pillars, notes he stop moving very soon*..later expunged upon
*Iguro is backed up by Pillars to save Kanroji
*Iguro attacks & kicks off Muzan's tentacle buying any amount of time during the fight.
*Expunged that poison travels through him faster because he's small while dodging the deadly suction attacks Kanroji couldn't
*Saves Giyu along with Gyomei
*All Pillars receive Muzan's poison cure.
*Brings out his Demon Mark & Red blade, but was unknowing the level of demand of ogxyen starts to get dizzy and is saved by Invisible crew
*After he attacks with Red Blade twice! Giving time for Gyomei to activate a red blade the way he learned how..which gave way for Sanemi & Giyu to do same.
*Clashes with Muzan alongside Giyu
*Only other pillar besides Giyuu to Activate STW before Muzan bust out the 8/4 tentacles inside his thighs that took everyone out.
*Everyone besides Iguro lol while blind & snake whispering saves Tanjiro, and proceeds to fight against Muzan....

So he has great feats before he activates his Demon mark & Red blade..& he's legally blind in one of his eyes before getting them scratched out...Smt he's #2 what's wrong with you ppl.....lol seriously though how is feats not enough

Last edited:

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
IMO, and without taking into account the different power ups they have gotten (like the mark, see through, etc), just taking into account their feats in their base, it would be something like this:

1. "The Stone Pillar" Gyoumei Himejima: Pretty self-explanatory. He has been portrayed multiple times as the strongest and his feats of fighting against UM1 even before the mark show it.

2. "The Flame Pillar" Kyojuro Rengoku: Honestly, this one may be quite controversial, but in my eyes Rengoku was a beast. Even without the mark, he could considerably injure Akaza and nearly chopped his head. Tomioka, who is pretty much on par with Sanemi judging by the sparring match they had, had a much less impressive performance than Rengoku against the same foe.

3. "The Wind Pillar" Sanemi Shinazugawa: Was portrayed to be the second strongest after Himejima in his fight against Koku. His swordsmanship is on par with Tomioka as showed when they sparred, however his fighting style is way more dirty and dangerous and also uses other weapons than his sword (like a shotgun). Because of this, I believe he's slightly (very slightly) stronger than Tomioka. I think the word more dangerous would be more appropiate here.

4. "The Water Pillar" Giyuu Tomioka: Like I said his swordsmanship is on par with Sanemi's and he has created his own form of the Water Breathing, showing how talented he is.

5. "The Snake Pillar" Obanai Iguro: One of the MVP's of this final fight. Could keep up to some extent against Muzan and even as of now is the only active Pillar who keeps fighting. The thing with Iguro is that he started this fight fresh, while the others that IMO are slightly better than him started pretty fucked up (Sanemi lost consciousness against UM1, Tomioka had his sword destroyed and his wounds were also severe), thing that undermines this amazing feat to some extent.

6. "The Mist Pillar" Muichiro Tokito: This little boy is a monster, but I don't think he's stronger than the ones above him. He defeated UM5 on his own and that's impressive, but then got rekted by Koku having the mark. Meanwhile Sanemi did a much, much better job than him even without the Mark against the same foe (and Sanemi, Tomioka and Obanai are pretty much on the same camp in my eyes), which shows the difference in experience and skill. Obviously he was still a kid and I'm sure that if he had time to grow more, he would have been higher for sure.

7. "The Love Pillar" Mitsuri Kanroji: Her amazing physical strength is worth some praise, but her feats among the Pillars aren't the most impressive ones. He was the first one to get knocked out of the fight against Muzan despite starting fresh just like Iguro and had to be saved by other Pillars. She could keep up with UM4 but she was slowly getting overwhelmed without doing any severe injuries as far as I recall. Honestly, I'm hesitating to put her above Tengen, but I'll leave it like this.

8. "The Sound Pillar" Tengen Uzui: Probably among the weakest Pillars. His skills as a ninja are very good, but he got overwhelmed by UM6 without doing that much of a damage. The thing with Tengen is that he has a lot of different skills as a ninja, and is pretty intelligent, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was able to beat Kanroji in a fight.

9. "The Insect Pillar" Shinobu Kocho: Her speed is good, just as her lethality with the poison, but aside from that, her feats are in my eyes, the least impressive among the Pillars. She got quickly defeated by Douma, who was barely trying at all. She's also the only one who can't chop the head of the demons, which can make it more difficult to kill them if they're strong.

Laminariales

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I'm not sure, the thing is pillars tend to undersell themselves since they compare their flaws with those who bypass these flaws, so I'll make it like a stats system (made up by myself) and just add the point as inaccurate as that is:

Himejima:
Speed: 5 Agility: 5 endurance: 5 strength: 5 intelligence: 4
= 24 ∞

Uzui:
Speed: 5 Agility: 3 endurance: 5 strength: 4 intelligence: 4
= 21

Sanemi:
Speed: 5 Agility: 5 endurance: 5 strength: 4 intelligence: 2 special skill: +2 (on basis vs demon)
= 23

Tomioka:
Speed: 4 Agility: 4 endurance: 4 strength: 4 intelligence: 4
= 20 (Tomioka is jinxed with all fours)

Rengoku
Speed: 3 Agility: 4 endurance: 5 strength: 4 intelligence: 3
= 19

Mitsuri:
Speed: 3 Agility: 5 endurance: 3 strength: 5 intelligence: 2
= 18

Shinobu:
Speed: 5 Agility: 4 endurance: 1. Strength: 2 intelligence: 5
= 17

Tokitou:
Speed: 4 Agility: 3 endurance: 2 strength: 5 intelligence: 4 potential for growth: ∆
= 18

Few Notes,
  • very biased

• This is without marks and everything, I imagine this at the time of pillar meeting mini arc

• Iguro-san doesn't matter

• There is a translation error or like delivery error when uzui talk about himejima and tokitou, it goes there are those with monstrous power (himejima) and those who became pillars in only 3 months (tokitou) the statement doesn't apply to both!

• Tokitou felt inferior to uzui's physic

• Stuff like gyutarou poisen and douma antifreeze are unfair

Thank you for the opportunity
Iguro
Speed: 4 Agility: 5 endurance 3 strength: 3 intelligence: 5 ; overall: 20

Puts him on par with tomioka but with better luck if this is Fate universe.

So for me:
1) Himejima
2) Shinazugawa
3) Uzui
4) Iguro
5) Tomioka
6) Rengoku
7) Tokitou
8) Mitsuri
9) Shinobu . Somehow I relise it's became age order except for shinazugawa and tokitou; wind boys are just so entertaining to watch

I generally feel people overestimate rengoku and underestimate uzui :( Looking back then and now I'm sticking with this ranking (unless mitsuri or tomioka pull through), rengoku established what it meant to be a pillar like the honer student he is, sure he landed attacks on akaza but so did shinobu against douma, his most admirable feats during that fight were endurance and fighting spirit. But most importantly, akaza's panic as the sun was coming up played a role in the late half, otherwise back then tanjirou shouldn't be able to get him with that sword throw

Uzui fought a whole fight in a state of a poisoned tokitou but without the mark to aid him or delay the poison, rengoku and uzui weren't lucky the mark endemic wasn't as spread back then

Last edited:

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Iguro
Speed: 4 Agility: 5 endurance 3 strength: 3 intelligence: 5 ; overall: 20

Puts him on par with tomioka but with better luck if this is Fate universe.

So for me:
1) Himejima
2) Shinazugawa
3) Uzui
4) Iguro
5) Tomioka
6) Rengoku
7) Tokitou
8) Mitsuri
9) Shinobu . Somehow I relise it's became age order except for shinazugawa and tokitou; wind boys are just so entertaining to watch

I generally feel people overestimate rengoku and underestimate uzui :( Looking back then and now I'm sticking with this ranking (unless mitsuri or tomioka pull through), rengoku established what it meant to be a pillar like the honer student he is, sure he landed attacks on akaza but so did shinobu against douma, his most admirable feats during that fight were endurance and fighting spirit. But most importantly, akaza's panic as the sun was coming up played a role in the late half, otherwise back then tanjirou shouldn't be able to get him with that sword throw

Uzui fought a whole fight in a state of a poisoned tokitou but without the mark to aid him or delay the poison, rengoku and uzui weren't lucky the mark endemic wasn't as spread back then
Gyomei & Tokitou are shown in that manga panel. Because he's is talking about both of them. Both are exceptionally talented and became Pillars very quickly.

Uzui is not that strong sorry. You are ranking him too high.

Laminariales

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Gyomei & Tokitou are shown in that manga panel. Because he's is talking about both of them. Both are exceptionally talented and became Pillars very quickly.

Uzui is not that strong sorry. You are ranking him too high.

Ah, the controversial page, it all started with gyuutarou thinking uzui is special since birth, to which uzui responded the world is big, there are ton of amazing people, then:

Bubble one - right
" There exist someone of strange nature out there"

Bubbles two - left
"Someone exist who held a sword for two month and became a pillar"

- now this is a bad literal translation but accurately convey the meaning

One bubble belong to himejima and the other to tokitou, Grammer wise each bubble ended with 奴もいる [there is person like that] not 奴ら the plural form, も is to make them added to "amazing people" from previous page. Not to mention it doesn't make sense meaning wise, himejima didn't became a pillar in specificly two months

What's exceptional about tokitou is the speed at which he evolve, no other 14 years old would be at his level with 2 month of training. Our tanjirou needed two years, was older, and is still inferior at their meeting BUT that does not put him above bunch of pillars

Tokitou mentioned he was inferior in physique to uzui, does that makes him a weaker overall? Certainly not It's only one aspect. Uzui complemented tokitou speed of growth, like tokitou compliment his physique. If you remember what bought that up was gyutarou telling uzui he was special since he was born or something, and uzui lines were to stress he was not, he lost many people, it shows his humility not a measure of capability (also a chance storywise to give us glimpse of not yet seen pillars)

If people see uzui weaker based on the battle with gyuutarou that's up to opinions and I can't argue concretely, it's very circumstantial, but if it's based on the above mentioned panel I strongly object

Last edited:

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan

Ah, the controversial page, it all started with gyuutarou thinking uzui is special since birth, to which uzui responded the world is big, there are ton of amazing people, then:

Bubble one - right
" There exist someone of strange nature out there"

Bubbles two - left
"Someone exist who held a sword for two month and became a pillar"

- now this is a bad literal translation but accurately convey the meaning

One bubble belong to himejima and the other to tokitou, Grammer wise each bubble ended with 奴もいる [there is person like that] not 奴ら the plural form, も is to make them added to "amazing people" from previous page. Not to mention it doesn't make sense meaning wise, himejima didn't became a pillar in specificly two months

What's exceptional about tokitou is the speed at which he evolve, no other 14 years old would be at his level with 2 month of training. Our tanjirou needed two years, was older, and is still inferior at their meeting BUT that does not put him above bunch of pillars

Tokitou mentioned he was inferior in physique to uzui, does that makes him a weaker overall? Certainly not It's only one aspect. Uzui complemented tokitou speed of growth, like tokitou compliment his physique. If you remember what bought that up was gyutarou telling uzui he was special since he was born or something, and uzui lines were to stress he was not, he lost many people, it shows his humility not a measure of capability (also a chance storywise to give us glimpse of not yet seen pillars)

If people see uzui weaker based on the battle with gyuutarou that's up to opinions and I can't argue concretely, it's very circumstantial, but if it's based on the above mentioned panel I strongly object
Uzui himself admits that a 14yr old prodigy is better than him. It's not solely on how quickly or talented that person is, but the fact he's actually superior.

So Pillars in comparison to each other and in comparison to the Upper Moons isn't a balanced thing.

When it comes to physical strength the list goes Gyomei, Uzui, Rengoku, Sanemi, Giyu
Kanroji, Muichiro, Iguro then Kanao.

That being said the younger, physically smaller pillars are physically weaker in terms or strength and endurance. While Kanao has no way around being the weakest, she's really fast and uses poisons to kill LM's & Demons. Muichiro a descendant of Yourichi & Kokushibu has talent that allows him easy access to demon slayer abilities, his lack of experience however & endurance however he falls short in comparison to the top lv characters...Iguro same boat as Muichiro. Hes very talented unlocking demon slayer abilities, he has the experience and ingenuity. So when I compare Iguro with Sanemi, he has access to abilities that Sanemi doesnt, all these abilities boost a Demon Slayers power. Sanemi's tenacity & experience is potent but not more than Iguro with STW & Red blade.

Mirage

Reaction score
Country
Canada
1. Gyomei

2. Sanemi

3. Giyu

4. Rengoku (This is honestly a less than deserved placement for him considering how little he showcased. But I think everyone above him could've held out the same against Akaza, or done better. Giyu is >= Rengoku while Gyomei and Sanemi are >>. Everyone under would've just straight up gotten one shotted more or less.)

5. Obanai

6. Muichiro

7. Tengen

8. Mitsuri

9. Shinobu

Last edited:

Franz

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Italy
1) Gyomei
2) Sanemi
3) Muichiro
4) Rengoku
5) Tomioka
6) Tengen
7) Iguro
8) Kanroji
9) Shinobu

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
1. Gyomei

2. Sanemi

3. Giyu

4. Rengoku (This is honestly a less than deserved placement for him considering how little he showcased. But I think everyone above him could've held out the same against Akaza, or done better. Giyu is >= Rengoku while Gyomei and Sanemi are >>. Everyone under would've just straight up gotten one shotted more or less.)

5. Obanai

6. Muichiro

7. Tengen

8. Mitsuri

9. Shinobu
This is exactly how I would rank them based in their abilities.