- Joined
- Aug 2, 2015
- Messages
- 1,067
- Reaction score
- 503
- Age
- 33
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
I think it pretty much makes sense (about the argument of him not showing up). It's very common in shonen the correlation between the story line and the appearance of strong characters. I'm pretty sure Escanor will show up after the sins will have their power-ups.Yeah, even before Merlin took most of it away I can't image he was using more than what we've normally seen of him before then. King noticed that Meliodas power spiked before he killed Gelda; clearly he wasn't letting himself constantly be as strong as he was when he was fighting Galan.
On Escanor being stronger than Meliodas, he might be and he might not be, but I will say that saying that Escanor is going to be stronger because he hasn't shown up doesn't make much sense. You might as well say that all the other Sins are going to be stronger than him because they haven't gotten their power ups yet. I personally don't think Escanor is going to be stronger, but we will see. I do think that part of the reason Escanor counts Meliodas as one of his most respected people (along with Merlin) is because he was the only one that could get in line when he went out of control, but again, we'll see if there is any truth to that.
Edit: But there really is no questioning that Meliodas had all his power in Edinburgh, that was twelve years before the current story, two years prior to when Merlin took it away. Whether or not Merlin knew the full extent of Meliodas' power is another question.
Also, there is no doubt Meliodas was holding back his strenght in the past, because he didn't need it, but I still think the fact that him not being able to carry Escanor's ST is relevant. Of course he's not gonna transform into his demon form just for the sake of carrying it, but if he can carry Diane like no problem and that the author already showed us he has an incredible strenght, I really doubt Nabaka didn't wanna give us a message about the fact that Meliodas with his powers back in the days couldn't be able to carry Rhita and even complaining about the weight (and then growing tired of it saying "Now carry your ST by yourself".
One thing that also tickles me in the Edinburg chapter was Meliodas killing that vampire. Firstly it's kinda weird from him to annihilate an opposent specially if she didn't do anything to him, but then the main thing is that he killed her with this black thing technique. Anyone else thinks it was way too much of an over-kill ? I mean he could have used his sword or something, but no he just blasted that poor girl and made an incredible hole in the ground. I thought he'd only do that against an opponent he'd really hate