Discussion - Religious Book Seller Struck By Lightning | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Religious Book Seller Struck By Lightning

erikrhys

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
http://cbs4.com/local/local_story_189151333.html

Hailu Kidane Marian was working with members of his religious group, selling religious materials door-to-door in a Northwest Miami-Dade neighborhood, when the bolt from the blue struck him down.

"I heard a boom, and I looked and the guy jumped back, and he just laid there, stiff," said witness Maria Martinez.

Paramedics say Marian was not breathing and his heart was not beating when they arrived, but they were able to revive him and rushed him to Jackson Memorial hospital, where he was in critical condition Sunday night.

Members of his religious group waited outside the hospital throughout the night for word of his condition.

"He's unconscious, he's in a coma," said Francisco Perez, leader of the Puerto Rico-based group. "It's difficult what happened, you know, but what can we do? Things happen in life, but we still believe in God."

-- haha, he goes out to tell everyone about god and gets struck by lightning.lol.

rabb

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
lmfao oh, thats great. XD

*several minutes later, cant stop giggling XD*

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
A good laugh, but still, it doesn't proof anything like God doesn't exist or God is blind, or anything anti-God. :D

Do Kesubei

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I get the humor, but it's still more tragic than funny. Being struck by lightening isn't exactly something you suffer, then go home a have a laugh with the family about.

erikrhys

Reaction score
Country
United States
^^
oh come on ^-^, you have to admit it's funny. Because IT IS!!! ^0^

Roanapur

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
The old Haterade would have laughed at the irony, saying something along the lines of "Beware Christians: Your God will not save you...", but I'd like to consider myself a bit more mature now.

Hopefully he gets a full recovery.

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Er, just curious.... how did you guys conclude it's a christian? I can see the irony here regarding the religion, and god and being blessed issues.

Hmmm...but actually, ANYONE can be struck by lightning, it could be your neighbour, or a teacher or someone you know...whatever. And so it happens that its a religious book seller this time. Eh.... being struck by lightning is not funny. It means instant death in most cases, i'm not sure what's the chances of people surviving an attack, hardly heard of any since your heart stops immediately after a big big shock. Its still frightening esp. when I always read about people strike by lightning in the news. :s

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada
...wow. Didn't some guy who worked on Passion of the Christ get hit with lightning too?

(Oh, great, Nami made this topic...)
WEEEL, I'd best be hitin' the old dusty trail.

Roanapur

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Er, just curious.... how did you guys conclude it's a christian?
Because Puerto Rico's main religions are Catholicism and Protestantism, which are forms of Christianity, and most Puerto Rican immigrants and communities still follow those original beliefs.

Last edited:

yoniekai

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
lots of people get struck by lightning it so happens this time it's a religious seller. bah.