Shounen - Rokudenashi Blues by Morita Masanori (v42) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Rokudenashi Blues by Morita Masanori (v42)

Kyuzo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Any fans of RokuBuru here? It's a really good manga, went like 42 volumes I believe. I've read the first four, that's all that's scanlated, but if I can get my hands on the raws I might scanlate the rest. Toriyama World did the first four volumes, you can get them at www.toriyamaworld.com

It's basically a fighting manga about gangs (kind of like WORST) but also a boxing manga (kind of like Hajime no Ipoo), it's a good combination, the manga's a fun read.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Rokudenashi Blues

Well, the raws are on the way, i suppose. There is a 2gb file and i have half of it done.

Kyuzo

Reaction score
Country
United States

Awesome, thanks.

someone2040

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia

It looks interesting, however...
I really didn't like the way he drew the female faces in the first volume or so. I dunno if he changed it slightly, since they seemed to look better towards the end, or maybe I just got used to it. But they looked really ugly @.@
I must say that I prefer Rookies though (Done by the same mangaka I believe... unless I'm messing things up again >.<).

Kyuzo

Reaction score
Country
United States

someone2040 said:
It looks interesting, however...
I really didn't like the way he drew the female faces in the first volume or so. I dunno if he changed it slightly, since they seemed to look better towards the end, or maybe I just got used to it. But they looked really ugly @.@
I must say that I prefer Rookies though (Done by the same mangaka I believe... unless I'm messing things up again >.<).
Yeah they are by the same mangaka. I agree about the girls faces but they do get better according to the pictures I've seen. By volume 4 though the art has improved even. I really like his art though, other than that one detail and you get used to it anyways. I have yet to read Rookies but I'm going to start it soon. RokuBuru just appeals to me a lot because of the fighting, boxing, and especially the whole high school gangs and bully type characters that remind me of characters like Yusuke from Yu Yu Hakusho.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

oh man, rookies is definitely worth it. Too bad the Edited Mangas have basically stopped.[br]Posted on: January 10, 2007, 06:28:23 PM_________________________________________________those raws were a waste of download space. They are horrible.

someone2040

Reaction score
Country
Australia

Ahh that's too bad. I'd be pretty pissed if I downloaded 2gig thing and found out it was crap.
Oh well, what can you do. That's the internet for you.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

plan b i suppose, is if there is a translator willing to work on the series, i would be willing to scan the volumes myself. Of course, i am flat broke right now so it would take time to get the volumes but i guarentee my quality as opposed to the mysteries of share.

Kyuzo

Reaction score
Country
United States

That works, I have another idea too though. I'll contact Toriyama World and see if they have raws from when they were Editing it.

Aquarius

Reaction score
Country
France

Kyuzo said:
Any fans of RokuBuru here? It's a really good manga, went like 42 volumes I believe. I've read the first four, that's all that's scanlated, but if I can get my hands on the raws I might scanlate the rest. Toriyama World did the first four volumes, you can get them at www.toriyamaworld.com

It's basically a fighting manga about gangs (kind of like WORST) but also a boxing manga (kind of like Hajime no Ipoo), it's a good combination, the manga's a fun read.
I own the 42 volumes, in the French version. It's really excellent, although you need to reach volume 12 or so to get top notch drawings, and to get the better stories of the manga (there are let's say a dozen of main stories or events happening to the gang described in the manga).
There are only little volumes about boxing, most of the manga is about street fighting. The best part is definitely between volumes 33 and 38, with the four Heavenly Kings.

I could spend days chatting of music with the mangaka, it seems we have exactly the same tastes. :D

Kyuzo

Reaction score
Country
United States

You interested in scanning any of them?

rokudenashiblues

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

I LOVE this manga so much, and have been desperately for years to get any info about it on the net, but it's just impossible (there's some french and japanese info, but I can't speak the languages, unfortunately). I have all 42 volumes in Japanese (and not understand a single word onit), but would love it if any other RB fans would chat with me about RB. I've got tons of questions about it.

Btw, The best part would probably be when the 4 kings all gather up in volume 36 (or 35?)

Cheers

rokudenashiblues

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Rokudenashi BLUES

Tried searchng but couldn't find a topic on RB yet.

I've been a fan of this manga for years, but have found trouble locating any info on it anywhere, really. I've got all the 42 volumes in Japanese, but have only found scans up to volume 4.

Masanori Morita went on to create Rookies, who's got more of a fanbase from what it looks. The first couple of volume of RB were not great illustration-wise, but starting from volume 12-13, it really starts to pick up, along with better "storyline" (Although I'm kind of just guessing the storylines, since I don't understand Japanese :) But the fighting scenes, and the differientation between the characters are really good (kind of like Rookies). Definitively a healthy amount of "cool" rebellious James Dean type of personalities in the manga.

So yeah....anyone else a fan?

[Luckas]Moved to the right board.[/Luckas]
[goods]merged threads[/goods]

Last edited by a moderator:

LoktarOgar

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
North Korea
Re: Rokudenashi BLUES

The 3 volumes I've read were fun, but this ain't seinen.

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

I'm a huge fan of Morita.
(but yeah, this is a JUMP classic, so shounen, technically :P)

rokudenashiblues

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Sorry guys. Is there a way to move the thread?

What's yr fave chapter/volume?Mine's when all the 4 kings of Tokyo joined together in volume 35-37. Awesome.

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Favorite volume (from just looking at the raws) is 16.
First of all: the title. "All the young cunts." Hilarious.
Second of all: the content. Shanking, suplexing, tons of blood. Fucking bring it on.

Dark-Kaomi

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love this author. He also did Rookies, another great series. I really hope someone scanlates it because I would love to read it.