Semifinal - Roronoa Zoro vs Maes Hughes | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Roronoa Zoro vs Maes Hughes

Who wins?

• Roronoa Zoro

• Maes Hughes

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is the husbando wars, not the boyfriendo wars. Zoro is clearly outclassed.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

(that is very funny to me)

Some of the reasons I love Zoro:
  • He is a serious man, with serious goals. The type that won't rattle in the face of danger, he's one to face obstacles which is the makings of a strong partner
  • He has a sense of responsibility and integrity, as the 2IC in the crew who sometimes has to keep his captain in check. You can tell he'd be a good father
  • He's loyal, most notably to his captain Luffy. While that doesn't automatically mean he'd be a loyal husband, in Zoro's case, it's safe to assume it would
  • He's reserved and is not easily won over by people, so I can trust him, and I feel less insecure
  • He's such a badass :hurr

@revo has purchased my vote for Zoro :)
revo ❤ Thank you for your vote!

This is the husbando wars, not the boyfriendo wars. Zoro is clearly outclassed.
Actual marriage is kinda negligible here imo, in fact I'd count it as a disadvantage. It's someone else's canon hubby, he even has a kid, this is not homewrecker wars :heh It makes more sense to me to pursue a stud not bound to another, a wild beast of a man who I shall tame :hurr

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

(that is very funny to me)

Some of the reasons I love Zoro:
  • He is a serious man, with serious goals. The type that won't rattle in the face of danger, he's one to face obstacles which is the makings of a strong partner
  • He has a sense of responsibility and integrity, as the 2IC in the crew who sometimes has to keep his captain in check. You can tell he'd be a good father
  • He's loyal, most notably to his captain Luffy. While that doesn't automatically mean he'd be a loyal husband, in Zoro's case, it's safe to assume it would
  • He's reserved and is not easily won over by people, so I can trust him, and I feel less insecure
  • He's such a badass :hurr

revo ❤ Thank you for your vote!

Actual marriage is kinda negligible here imo, in fact I'd count it as a disadvantage. It's someone else's canon hubby, he even has a kid, this is not homewrecker wars :heh It makes more sense to me to pursue a stud not bound to another, a wild beast of a man who I shall tame :hurr
and a drunk I hear :hurr

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Do you want to? :XD

There's something to be said about a man who can hold his liquor :hurr

guess it's a matter of taste. I personally prefer someone who doesn't drink so much, nothing wrong with being able to hold your liquor, but I'd rather he not die of cirrhosis once he reaches 60 (having seen that in the family just a few years ago, it left a bad memory)

In any case, since you mentioned about Hughes already having a family and not wanting to be a home wrecker, doesn't zoro also have a better half?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

the way I see it, it's not home wrecking to consider someone the best husbando, it's just wanting to give an award to someone who's proven to be deserving of that title. And Hughes has proven that he deserves it.

I'm very under the weather so I'm not gonna campaign this round, I just felt like he deserved some defending, since those points were raised :).

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
In any case, since you mentioned about Hughes already having a family and not wanting to be a home wrecker, doesn't zoro also have a better half?
Nah, he has no partner in One Piece.

the way I see it, it's not home wrecking to consider someone the best husbando, it's just wanting to give an award to someone who's proven to be deserving of that title. And Hughes has proven that he deserves it.
And that's fair. I just took the comments from zetsu, twisted it a little and made it weaker like any good strawman would :XD

Status
Not open for further replies.