[Round 2 - Team 2 vs Team 9 Doubles 1] Shiraishi/Kirihara vs Oishi/Kikumaru | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

[Round 2 - Team 2 vs Team 9 Doubles 1] Shiraishi/Kirihara vs Oishi/Kikumaru

Who will win?

• Shiraishi Kuranosuke/Kirihara Akaya

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Oishi Shuuichirou/Kikumaru Eiji

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Doubles 1Shiraishi Kuranosuke
Kirihara Akaya
Oishi Shuuichirou
Kikumaru Eiji
TitleNaniwa's Bible
Devil of the Court
Seigaku's Golden Pair
SchoolShitenhouji 3rd Year
Rikkai Dai Fuzoku 2nd Year
Seishun Gakuen 3rd Year
Seishun Gakuen 3rd Year
Height178 cm
168 cm
175 cm
171 cm
Weight66 kg
61 kg
55 kg
52 kg
Dominant HandLeft
Right
Right
Right
StyleAll Rounder
Aggressive Baseliner
Technical Counter Puncher
Serve and Volley
TechniquesEntaku Shot
Knuckle Serve
Devil Mode
Angel Mode
Moon Volley
Oishi Territory
Acrobatic Play
Sealed Step
Kikumaru Bazooka
Synchro

Serve order: Kikumaru -> Shiraishi -> Oishi -> Kirihara

This round ends on Saturday, October 6th 8 PM GMT.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Well, let's see here. Shiraishi/Kirihara is a strong pair, they have a nice combination, Akaya has Angel Mode and Shiraishi without the gauntlet is good. However, GP has synchro, that overcomes Shirashi's no gauntlet on and Kirihara's Devil Mode. Either way, if Shiraishi/Kirihara could synchro, then the match is over for GP as individually Shiraishi and Kirihara own Oishi and Kikumaru.

Shiraishi/Kirihara pair wins 7-5 or 6-4, if they could synchro, 6-1, as they are stronger than Oishi/Kikumaru and the pair with the strongest skills will win.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Synchro is just too hard to overcome in POT. If Shiraishi/Kirihara can do synchro, they should win easily, but at this point they still can't synchro.

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Shiraishi/Akaya far outclass GP in terms of stats, and while Synchro is good and all, Shiraishi/Akaya just are too good for them. GP shouldn't be able to handle Shiraishi's new serve, SDM should make up for GP's Synchro coordination, and Shiraishi/Akaya are good returners, which set them up for an advantage in the return game.

Shiraishi/Akaya win 6-4.

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
As frosty said, Shiraishi/Kirihara are in a league way above GP. (No gauntlet) Shiraishi could win this by himself.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
AM!Kirihara is back in motion when with Shiraishi. AM!Kirihara theoretically is beast.
By right, it should mean he keeps his attributes from his normal self, and the attributes of Devil self in one state.

GP beginning however, will kick things off great with Synchro. First game is theirs.
Shiraishi's serve is his game.
Oishi serves with Synchro taking their effect again.

But by AM!Kirihara's serve he would have gotten into the swing of things, and with AM, I reckon Kirihara can go back to being the guy who was fighting with Ryoma, Fuji and the greats of the MSers.

Disappointed that Kirihara got left behind somewhat. Can't believe how good he was in Regional times.

ashore

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
As frosty said, Shiraishi/Kirihara are in a league way above GP. (No gauntlet) Shiraishi could win this by himself.

shiraishi could win this by himself?

i wouldnt think so. i rate him below tez, sanada, yukimura level.
he might be above fuji although fuji may have surpassed shiraishi.

win by him self vs synchro, he don't have kite shuuichu, he cant be all over the court , his bible just makes him have the most efficient movement and shots. it don't mean he can be anywhere on the court at any given time. kikumaru's acrobatics play would whoop him up.

anyways I'm choose shiraishi /kirihara pair wins.
if there's any other way besides using skill/technique to kill the GP, its by injuring one of them
like in the past POT1 , we've seen oishi stop a play/match if kikumaru is injured. so if
theoretically kirihara goes in devil rage mode, GP is finished.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
shiraishi could win this by himself?

i wouldnt think so. i rate him below tez, sanada, yukimura level.
he might be above fuji although fuji may have surpassed shiraishi.

win by him self vs synchro, he don't have kite shuuichu, he cant be all over the court , his bible just makes him have the most efficient movement and shots. it don't mean he can be anywhere on the court at any given time. kikumaru's acrobatics play would whoop him up.

anyways I'm choose shiraishi /kirihara pair wins.
if there's any other way besides using skill/technique to kill the GP, its by injuring one of them
like in the past POT1 , we've seen oishi stop a play/match if kikumaru is injured. so if
theoretically kirihara goes in devil rage mode, GP is finished.
Kirihara won't go devil mode while playing with Shiraishi. I believe he won't use Knuckle serve either.

I'm gonna say my vote later, it's a hard choice (these are my favourite pairs and Kikumaru and Kirihara are my favourite players). Shiraishi/Kirihara is a good pair, but they can't synchro and we haven't seen them playing enough yet...

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Kirihara won't go devil mode while playing with Shiraishi. I believe he won't use Knuckle serve either.

I'm gonna say my vote later, it's a hard choice (these are my favourite pairs and Kikumaru and Kirihara are my favourite players). Shiraishi/Kirihara is a good pair, but they can't synchro and we haven't seen them playing enough yet...
Well, they can't synchro, but they could keep up with it for sure. They're skills, mental, all is probably on a level above Oishi/Kikumaru. Sure it would be a problem for Shiraishi/Kirihara, but I see them keeping up with synchro and AM!Akaya taking points, if they could synchro, GP would be bageled.

ashore

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
personally at single players shiraishi and kirihara can whoop them both. if their team work can out match GP then we'l have to see. GP been partners for a long damn time.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Well, they can't synchro, but they could keep up with it for sure. They're skills, mental, all is probably on a level above Oishi/Kikumaru. Sure it would be a problem for Shiraishi/Kirihara, but I see them keeping up with synchro and AM!Akaya taking points, if they could synchro, GP would be bageled.
Yes, but they CAN´T synchro. Not even the Jimmies, nor Marui/Jackal are able to Synchro, and they´ve been playing together for years. A 1 week pair WON´T synchro.

We haven´t seen a good Synchro vs non Synchro match. If GP won against Data Pair in this tournament, they´ll definitely win this one.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Yes, but they CAN´T synchro. Not even the Jimmies, nor Marui/Jackal are able to Synchro, and they´ve been playing together for years. A 1 week pair WON´T synchro.

We haven´t seen a good Synchro vs non Synchro match. If GP won against Data Pair in this tournament, they´ll definitely win this one.
I think Data Pair would have sent GP packing.

If Kikumaru/Oishi are helpless to Neo Scud Serve, Waterfall should have similar effects. So that's Inui's games secured.
Inui and Yanagi have been shown sharing data in PP 9 and in the manga. So they should really have things covered.

As long as Inui or Yanagi go the same school as one of their opponents, they have a massive advantage.

But I totally agree on your other point though.
We haven't seen Synchro VS Non-Synchro in a full match. Disappointed with Konomi.

He gave us WoK VS Washio/Suzuki though. But WoK was said to have gotten Wild Synchro. And we don't know a thing about what happened in the match.
So Konomi will hopefully create that scenario.
Since Atobe/Niou with Atobe in Synchro was confusing, but Atobe and Niou as individuals are a bit too amazing in comparison to Ochi and Mouri.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Shiraishi Kuranosuke/Kirihara Akaya: 8 votes
Oishi Shuuichirou/Kikumaru Eiji: 5 votes

Winner: Shiraishi Kuranosuke/Kirihara Akaya

Status
Not open for further replies.