TV - RWBY | Page 19 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

TV RWBY

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Oh, I found the episode.... my reaction was..... HOOOLLLYYYYYYSHIIEEETTTTTTTT!!!11!!!1!!!1! probably the best episode of the volume.

I was sort of disappointed by how blake showed up. I mean, she is just kinda already there and already had illya ex machina the bombs. It seems all to convenient. And the mistrel police could show up to begin with that easily? I thought authorities were a non issue at this point. Why didn't anyone tell the minstrel police much sooner about the attack if this was a thing?

As for yang vs adam.... Really? The guy chopped off yang's arm and all we get is him being defeated like a chump because he fought like a dumbass? I don't buy this, the guy before seemed like he was truly as strong as a real huntsman....

And also her only commenting on yang.... I guess blake-yang will be a thing? I don't particularly care for the pairing (or any pairing involving blake really, she has virtually no chemistry with anyone) but it did kinda annoy me that given the circumstances only yang was acknowledged there. You'd think rwby and weiss would get an honorable mention or something.

So jaune's semblance isn't healing but rather enhancing aura. That actually makes sense. I like that development though I am sort of worried that jaune will go from worthless in a fight to OP. Because not only he can enhance other's aura but also his own meaning he can increase his defense and offense significantly basically at will. To add to that enhancing other people's auras is almost ridiculous. And dangerous I am guessing. I am kinda curious as to whether he could enhance people's semblances because there is somewhat ridiculous potential there. Enhancing people like raven or qrow could have interesting possibilities. Then again enhancing qrow's semblance seems rather dangerous.

And weiss is back and with a new summon. She is getting powerful summons all too easily though. I honestly thought hazel was going to die when weiss impaled him. The scene was awesome.

So hazel's semblance allows him to block out pain... That is actually useless. It allows him to fight as he does which is ridiculous but pain is sort of necessary for survival. Adding so much dust into his body is bound to have consequences, I don't expect him to last much longer.

Then the fight between cinder and raven.... Holy crap. I couldn't tell what was going on half the time. Raven showed what being a true huntress with magic is about. She is a dirty fighter, however much I dislike raven I can't fault her for that.

Sort of sad vernal died. She had potential. I guess I will forget about her pretty quickly.

And cinder.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WHY CINDER!? OUR SEXY MISTRESS HAS FALLEN TO THE BIGGER BITCH! I don't mean bitch in a good way, I just want raven to die so badly. I am going to miss cinder and her sexy, sexy, voice....

Last edited:

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Blake vs Adam
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh, I found the episode.... my reaction was..... HOOOLLLYYYYYYSHIIEEETTTTTTTT!!!11!!!1!!!1! probably the best episode of the volume.

I was sort of disappointed by how blake showed up. I mean, she is just kinda already there and already had illya ex machina the bombs. It seems all to convenient. And the mistrel police could show up to begin with that easily? I thought authorities were a non issue at this point. Why didn't anyone tell the minstrel police much sooner about the attack if this was a thing?

And also her only commenting on yang.... I guess blake-yang will be a thing? I don't particularly care for the pairing (or any pairing involving blake really, she has virtually no chemistry with anyone) but it did kinda annoy me that given the circumstances only yang was acknowledged there. You'd think rwby and weiss would get an honorable mention or something.

So jaune's semblance isn't healing but rather enhancing aura. That actually makes sense. I like that development though I am sort of worried that jaune will go from worthless in a fight to OP. Because not only he can enhance other's aura but also his own meaning he can increase his defense and offense significantly basically at will. To add to that enhancing other people's auras is almost ridiculous. And dangerous I am guessing. I am kinda curious as to whether he could enhance people's semblances because there is somewhat ridiculous potential there. Enhancing people like raven or qrow could have interesting possibilities. Then again enhancing qrow's semblance seems rather dangerous.

And weiss is back and with a new summon. She is getting powerful summons all too easily though. I honestly thought hazel was going to die when weiss impaled him. The scene was awesome.

So hazel's semblance allows him to block out pain... That is actually useless. It allows him to fight as he does which is ridiculous but pain is sort of necessary for survival. Adding so much dust into his body is bound to have consequences, I don't expect him to last much longer.

Then the fight between cinder and raven.... Holy crap. I couldn't tell what was going on half the time. Raven showed what being a true huntress with magic is about. She is a dirty fighter, however much I dislike raven I can't fault her for that.

Sort of sad vernal died. She had potential. I guess I will forget about her pretty quickly.

And cinder.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WHY CINDER!? OUR SEXY MISTRESS HAS FALLEN TO THE BIGGER BITCH! I don't mean bitch in a good way, I just want raven to die so badly. I am going to miss cinder and her sexy, sexy, voice....
I will later answer everything after watching this for 3 times more :D

But:
- The Police was brought by Blake << Remember Leo have sent soldiers to the borders of Kingdom leaving school unprotected ( Blake did something that Qrow/Ozpin should do)
- Ghira wanted earlier send a warning to Haven but messenger got killed by Yuma
- TBH it's really clever that Blake was waiting until Ilia will be done taking away the last advantage that Adam had
- Adam is not done he will escape (Adam is supposed to do something that makes us hate him, even more, << So probably killing Ilia/Ghira while pretending to surrender)
- Yang was heavily injured the last time Blake saw her and no... I don't think it means that means that Bees will be canon and Blake at least for me have good chemistry with Sun/Yang but yeah it's a shame that we didn't see Blake call for others but I like girls behaviour in that situation that first, they have to finish the fight reunion later << That " Yang go " ( and this is stupid because Ruby doesn't know what's going down there so she could send Yang vs Vernal, Cinder and Raven if they didn't start fight eachother ) and Ruby and Blake just nod heads and move to finish they bussiness
- I doubt Cinder is gone we didn't see maiden powers transfer + Cinder can use fire and can fly + Cinder is the most important for Salem " You hold the key to our Victory " that's why Salem can save her + Raven words to not take eyes from the enemy may bite her in next chapter when she will focus on Yang

PS: I was right that Cinder can't protect her arm :D

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
That episode has me feeling two ways. First:

Cinder :pout I really hope this isn't the end for her. First Neo then Cinder, my favorite villains going down one after another :feelsbadman Though I have to admit if she does survive this fall,she'll come back as a full Grimm, not sure how much I'll like this development.
On the plus side I do have to admit, that battle was fucking brilliant :hip Best fight in the series hands down right there. If this is what happens when two Maidens clash, I am REALLY hyped to see the Winter and Summer Maidens next. So far this aspect of the story has not been dull in the slightest.
Although honestly without Cinder around I'm not even sure Mercury and Emerald have a reason to follow Salem anymore. This could be where they defect from the group and become a party by themselves.

Second:

BLAKE.

IS.

BACK.

Fucking finally.
Took us shorter than I expected for her to get here :nowei:onoz:squee:yay
And Bumblebee lives on....best volume hands down. Right now nothing else matters, my babies are happy together again. Everything is happy and I am smiling too much:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Blake vs Adam

I will later answer everything after watching this for 3 times more :D

But:
- The Police was brought by Blake << Remember Leo have sent soldiers to the borders of Kingdom leaving school unprotected ( Blake did something that Qrow/Ozpin should do)
- Ghira wanted earlier send a warning to Haven but messenger got killed by Yuma
- TBH it's really clever that Blake was waiting until Ilia will be done taking away the last advantage that Adam had
- Adam is not done he will escape (Adam is supposed to do something that makes us hate him, even more, << So probably killing Ilia/Ghira while pretending to surrender)
- Yang was heavily injured the last time Blake saw her and no... I don't think it means that means that Bees will be canon and Blake at least for me have good chemistry with Sun/Yang but yeah it's a shame that we didn't see Blake call for others but I like girls behaviour in that situation that first, they have to finish the fight reunion later << That " Yang go " ( and this is stupid because Ruby doesn't know what's going down there so she could send Yang vs Vernal, Cinder and Raven if they didn't start fight eachother ) and Ruby and Blake just nod heads and move to finish they bussiness
- I doubt Cinder is gone we didn't see maiden powers transfer + Cinder can use fire and can fly + Cinder is the most important for Salem " You hold the key to our Victory " that's why Salem can save her + Raven words to not take eyes from the enemy may bite her in next chapter when she will focus on Yang

PS: I was right that Cinder can't protect her arm :D
I know the police is there because of blake of course. I just found it weird that such a thing was even a possibility to begin with. Precisely because qrow/ozpin didn't do it. Dunno, it's just weird.

I am thinking that if adam does something that bad it would have to be more than killing ghira or illya. They are relatively new characters... I am thinking that barring taking yang's other arm he will kill sun. Why not? He mostly annoys blake and he has been around longer.

Yeah, I found the yang go to make no sense. Why her? Was this the plan? Was there a plan?

I guess cinder could be alive though I would think merely getting frozen should very much kill her. I know we didn't see the power transfer but then again we don't know what the power transfer looks like under normal circumstances. We saw the power going for cinder in volume 3 but then again it is not normal for the power to split into two to begin with. If cinder is alive she will likely be even more deformed than before, more grim than human.

I was surprised about the arm bit. I would have thought that even if the arm itself couldn't generate aura she would still be able to extent aura from her true body over it.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
One thing I found strange this episode and have been wondering is maiden elements. It kinda looks like elements are more suggestion than limitation for them. The original fall maiden used thunder and wind, when vernal faked her powers raven used wind, cinder normally uses fire and now we saw raven use primarily ice. I get the impression all maidens actually have exactly the same powers but preference sets how they use them. The season thing is more to signify which maiden opens which door.
To me it still seems fairly definitive that cinder died though if she is somehow alive then I am calling it now, phyrra will be alive as well somehow.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Oh, I just realized why yang went after cinder and raven.

She was sent last chapter because she was the only one more or less available. Still, it's a dick move to send her alone, she well out of her depth.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I am still wondering whether the animation we saw justifies blake dodging the blade. It kinda seems like she didn't dodge. Maybe she is a flick of adam's fingers away from death.

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I am still wondering whether the animation we saw justifies blake dodging the blade. It kinda seems like she didn't dodge. Maybe she is a flick of adam's fingers away from death.
Yeah, IMO it would look much better if Blake would go to opposite side of Adam swing..

Still, dunno how Blake Semblance works tbh yeah I know she leaves that shadow copy of herself to take a hit but after that, it always seems like she teleports for example in Ilia fight she was moving instantly few meters after using it.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
The episode keeps getting better each week.

Good to see how make reunites with the others.

Secondly,nice to see Adam being defeated.Though i am surprised how easily Blake defeated Adam.

The fight between Raven vs Cinder was the best fight in this volume, probably the best in the entire series.Loved Raven defeating Cinder.

Though i personally feel Cinder is not dead.She is too important for the plot and we didn't didn't see her power passing.

What will Yang do?Will Raven transfer her powers to Yang?Or she with fight Raven.Remains to be seen.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I don't think raven has the option of transferring her powers to yang. If maiden powers could be transferred then the spring maiden for instance wouldn't have felt the need to run away from the responsibility, she would have simply passed her powers to someone else.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
@kkck You wanted to see RWBY Youtube reviews? I found this channel completely by accident today.
Does this help?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Damn, next episode will be the last of the volume. Looking forward to it. Shame that the last couple episodes made so little sense... As far as I can tell anyways. I made sense of yang going after her mom though I still can't make sense of their decision to end their ambush halfway through and head for the vault. The mistrel attack seems so half assed compared to the beacon one. At beacon they got grim into the city, turned the army against the populace and half of it was last minute changes. In here the entire plan was to plant bombs at the academy while cinder ambushed people in a manner unrelated to the attack. And the whole thing was mostly solved by the police somehow.
Reviews? I believe I mentioned previews but not reviews lol. I wouldn't mind reading a review of course but watching one sounds kinda tedious.
BTW, is there anywhere I can read all of the status charts thingys? I can't seem to find any before volume 4.
And damn, this jaune status chart:

"Still slightly dead inside. -"I am surrounded by a girl who can't read or count, a pancake addicted rensexual, and a man so beautiful he is making phyrra's ghost consider leaving me.... fuck everything bruh."

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I wish it had a manga version. Then it would have been a hit.

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke

The best in waiting for next Volume is this

Blake having so much fun :hurr
I wish it had a manga version. Then it would have been a hit.
There's a manga by Shirow Miwa that it's Canon ( Anthology isn't ) there are 12 chapters so far I think..It will continue because M&K said so but dunno when :emocat

In here the entire plan was to plant bombs at the academy while cinder ambushed people in a manner unrelated to the attack. And the whole thing was mostly solved by the police somehow.
One again Haven is defenceless Adam took a small group with him to not draw attention and plant bombs on CCT and wait until Salem group will finish the job and then blow it up and WF would come in to destroy everything..

They didn't want to draw attention of anyone before the attack and make soldiers/police to come back to the city unfortunately for them Blake was the factor they weren't aware of and she didn't just bring her Faunus Civilian Squad but also the Soldiers and Police ( Something that Watts was afraid of ) + Blake waiting silently until Ilia will disarm Bombs ( taking last advantage Adam ) also make it impossible to inform others from WF to attack..

It will be good guys Victory ( maybe not completely ) but Salem should blame Adam and Cinder for that Failure

Side Note: And Basically, Salem may now be interested in Blake's actions ( Just like in Ruby ) because Blake banded together a group of Humans and Faunus and makes them work together something that Salem in her theme is saying that " When allied together a threat men display "

Salem was once stopped in the past from completely destroying everything by both Humans and Faunus working together ( That's why one of her goals is to to make any alliance almost impossible ) << Judging by WoR episode about Faunus and the fact that she's a Grimm master

BTW: I have excellent and stupid theory about where Beacon relic may be :fan

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Crack theory: The Summer and Winter maidens are both sisters, and will end up being antagonists. So far all the Maidens we've seen are all good people (Amber, Raven). Raven hasn't done anything to harm the protagonists, so she doesn't really count as an antagonist.
The last two Maidens are going to be introduced together next volume and end up being enemies.

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Crack theory: The Summer and Winter maidens are both sisters, and will end up being antagonists. So far all the Maidens we've seen are all good people (Amber, Raven). Raven hasn't done anything to harm the protagonists, so she doesn't really count as an antagonist.
Raven isn't Antagonist but she isn't also a Hero ( show me a hero that going around and destroying Villages and killing innocent :P ) she's like the third party that real goals and reasons we have yet to see..

I wouldn't be surprised if Raven goal was to take down both Salem and Ozpin or make sure that either of them won't get all relics we will see.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Winter maiden is Weiss mother as for Summer probably new character

There are still 2 bad guys we have yet to see in Salem group but I doubt any of them will be Maiden considering that Salem has promised Cinder maidens powers ( Probably ).

I wouldn't be surprised if we would soon see Ironwood reveal everything to whole Atlas about maidens etc. << He's a type of man that can do that

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Raven isn't Antagonist but she isn't also a Hero ( show me a hero that going around and destroying Villages and killing innocent :P ) she's like the third party that real goals and reasons we have yet to see..
Yeah, but you know she's never going to be against Team RWBY, so you don't have to worry about the Spring Maiden challenging them ;)
Though, something tells me that Raven and Salem have met in the past before and maybe fought? This would explain why she's so afraid of Salem and thinks there's no way to beat her.
as for Summer probably new character

:rolleyes: