TV RWBY

Mononoke

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2016
Messages
265
Reaction score
1,766
Age
26
Country
Joker
Yeah, this is what I was thinking as well. Raven was intending on always using Vernal as a sacrificial piece. And Vernal knew this, but was always fully prepared to die for the cause of Raven and the tribe. Cinder using a Grimm arm to steal Maiden's power is so clever since she'd expect that the last person Vernal thinks about is Raven.
@kkck Did you manage to watch the episode yet?
@Mononoke :3c
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
If you ever need words of comfort or game changing advice/information, Ren is your guy.
"...This is bad"
No shit. Thank god you told me.

How can he be more pointless when he is literally sitting right next to Jaune, this should not be possible.
:twitch
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
If you ever need words of comfort or game changing advice/information, Ren is your guy.
"...This is bad"
No shit. Thank god you told me.

How can he be more pointless when he is literally sitting right next to Jaune, this should not be possible.
:twitch
^Try this one next ;)
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,308
Reaction score
24,932
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Ok, I saw the episode now.

Good things about the episode: jaune healing. It was nicely hinted at years ago and it plays an important role. I am guessing jaune will be out of commission by the time he is done healing weiss. Odds are healing requires a fair bit of energy and weiss was fairly wounded.

Also hazel. I was kinda hoping he would be related to the past a bit more but this is still good. I wonder who his sister was though. I get the impression there is even more to the story. And considering even qrow couldn't handle hazel its amazing that ozpin in oscar's body can. He didn't do much damage of course but he did some damage at least.

Seeing ruby back is good though I feel like she has been sidelined from the plot way too much. The important stuff is going on down at the vault meanwhile she is fighting cinder's disciples.

Raven being the maiden is fantastic. Though I can't help but wonder how she became it. It implies the previous one died... But for that to happen it kinda sounds like she probably killed her. My big question here is whether this is going according to plan or whether things went to shit from her perspective. Her plan was to get the relic though so this probably isn't that big an issue.

Bad thing about the episode: It makes absolutely no sense. None whatsoever. The last episode ended with the trap being triggered. You have the gang cornered and ripe for murder. So... why not go through with it? There was no need whatsoever for cinder and raven to leave. This whole thing was presumably so that vernal would open the door once cinder's end of the deal was covered. Going to the vault at the time they did makes no sense for anyone.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Ok, I saw the episode now.

Good things about the episode: jaune healing. It was nicely hinted at years ago and it plays an important role. I am guessing jaune will be out of commission by the time he is done healing weiss. Odds are healing requires a fair bit of energy and weiss was fairly wounded.

Also hazel. I was kinda hoping he would be related to the past a bit more but this is still good. I wonder who his sister was though. I get the impression there is even more to the story. And considering even qrow couldn't handle hazel its amazing that ozpin in oscar's body can. He didn't do much damage of course but he did some damage at least.

Seeing ruby back is good though I feel like she has been sidelined from the plot way too much. The important stuff is going on down at the vault meanwhile she is fighting cinder's disciples.

Raven being the maiden is fantastic. Though I can't help but wonder how she became it. It implies the previous one died... But for that to happen it kinda sounds like she probably killed her. My big question here is whether this is going according to plan or whether things went to shit from her perspective. Her plan was to get the relic though so this probably isn't that big an issue.

Bad thing about the episode: It makes absolutely no sense. None whatsoever. The last episode ended with the trap being triggered. You have the gang cornered and ripe for murder. So... why not go through with it? There was no need whatsoever for cinder and raven to leave. This whole thing was presumably so that vernal would open the door once cinder's end of the deal was covered. Going to the vault at the time they did makes no sense for anyone.
They probably hastened their plan of getting the relic because of the appearance of Ozpin.It was beyond their plan.
 

Vici

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
3,413
Reaction score
16,901
Gender
Female
Country
Pyke
I agree with @kkck it doesn't make even Cinder mention " We have an upper hand let's not waste it " proceed to waste it by entering the vault with people that may backstab her and even the odds in the main hall.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,308
Reaction score
24,932
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
They probably hastened their plan of getting the relic because of the appearance of Ozpin.It was beyond their plan.
Wouldn't hastening their plan mean "kill everyone faster"? The way I see it that was the point of waiting for everyone to get to the academy. Everyone gets there and gets immediately ambushed by an overwhelming force. The plan was never merely to get the relic. Based on their agreement with raven they had to kill qrow and then cinder gets the relic. Instead they leave before making sure at least one person stays dead... They didn't even capture rwby. And sure, ozpin was there but... Why would that make them change their plans? It would have made far more sense to not leave and leave ozpin to hazel while cinder and the others handle the other kids.

I wonder what exactly hazel's powers are. He grabbed a couple dust crystals and just stabbed his arms with them... Does it make sense dust can do that alone? And he had gold colored dust... that's a new color as far as I can tell. Perhaps his semblance is to use dust as an energy source for his body and implanting different dust types gives him different abilities....
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
The last 3 episodes alone have been better than the whole volume.... only negative thing I can say is no Blake :neutral

  • Vici called it but idk why I was still surprised LOL :derp Raven being the maiden threw me off. Cinder continues to be savage, wife material.
  • Jaune's semblance I would say is alright how it was revealed, Weiss wasn't fucking dying obviously and it's been covered up since forever. Lowkey why was Ruby like "whatever you do don't stop" but removes his hands for a second :huh: haha.
  • Cinder and the others have the upper hand but Ozpin's reveal in Oscar threw her off so I think that's a good enough explanation why she didn't just try to kill all of them there. Must be aware of his lore or something.
  • Hazel's backstory don't really care but if his sister was a prominent character or tied to the story later I'll be interested.
  • Cinder vs. Raven.... hypeeeeeeeeee. Hopefully it'll be spread out within two episodes but with good action.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
 

Vici

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
3,413
Reaction score
16,901
Gender
Female
Country
Pyke
I wonder what exactly hazel's powers are. He grabbed a couple dust crystals and just stabbed his arms with them... Does it make sense dust can do that alone? And he had gold colored dust... that's a new color as far as I can tell. Perhaps his semblance is to use dust as an energy source for his body and implanting different dust types gives him different abilities....

1:40 Yup it does make sense to do that overall because they were records of people doing it so it's no his Semblance( I think )
If you didn't watch WoR ( Worlds of Remmant ) videos you should there's a lot of info there
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
only negative thing I can say is no Blake :neutral


Hazel sister just didn't have landing strategy





But tbh We don't know story sure Hazel sister was blinded by the story of heroes etc.. and she could lose her life during training so then Ozpin isn't the one responsible however we saw how Ozpin sometimes " Training " looks like for example sending RWBY to Mountain Glen than it would be Ozpin fault also..

Some people react to loss quite differently so I don't mind Hazel motives tbh.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Oscar/Ozpin body is trully something with Ozpin Aura just look how weak compared to Hazel Qrow was while Ozpin was doing some work :nod
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,308
Reaction score
24,932
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
1:40 Yup it does make sense to do that overall because they were records of people doing it so it's no his Semblance( I think )
If you didn't watch WoR ( Worlds of Remmant ) videos you should there's a lot of info there
Ah, I had forgotten about that. I guess the question here would be what type of dust he inserted into himself. Hi dust crystal was gold colored meaning its a mixture.... WHat hazel did seems very powerful however the video refers to it as archaic. Why did people abandon something so useful? I am guessing there must be serious drawbacks to what he is doing otherwise there is no reason for using dust on your body to not be common. Perhaps that will be the trick to beating him, just waiting until the drawbacks kick in.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
How I see Jaune now:

 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,308
Reaction score
24,932
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
LMAO RAVEN JOJO :XD:XD
Cinder be like:lmao:

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,308
Reaction score
24,932
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
The team is definitely uniting in this volume. The issue, as said, is when. But that also depends on what blake's role will be in this whole thing. So far the battle is being fought on multiple fronts but we are only seeing one. Basically the ambush side of things (where rwby is) and the wf side of things who are planting bombs all over the academy. The way I see it blake will definitely target the WF, she is not wont to be too relevant on the cinder side of things. The issue I guess will be whether someone from the cinder side of the battle goes to help out blake. I guess it is possible blake shows up to help the folk fighting cinder but it will still not remain her top priority, she should still shortly go face the WF and perhaps even adam. And I seriously doubt blake and yang will confront adam. For one thing, adam does seem to be about as strong as a strong huntsman meaning blake and yang remain much weaker than him. Even if it has been two volumes. I guess for storytelling purposes the two of them together could stand up to him but it is still not something I see as viable based on what we know right now. Then again, it's not unlike this story to be inconsistent with character's strengths compared to others (say, ruby cliff decapitating a huge grim but being astonished at penny stopping a car or even feeling oscar's punches).

That said, I am sort of surprised at how much of thing blake-yang is online. I didn't even consider it until blake said how hurt she felt about yang leaving in volume 5. Heck, I didn't even realize blake had hurt her that much until right then. And that is even considering the dance events at volume 2. Blake did leave of course but at the time I didn't think of it any differently from the other girls going home. Though TBH the main reason I see this as a possibility is that blake-adam have precisely zero chemistry. Heck, most of what adam does straight up pisses blake off and would under normal circumstances be basically be a bunch of red flags that together make up a much greater red flag (being a petty thief, spying on her, constantly making assumptions about what she wants which is pretty bad even if he turned out to be right).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Aaaaaaaand I found the preview.
I am kinda disappointed by the development. You would think taking down hazel would require more than a convenient semblace. I guess hazel is not necessarily down but still, a bit of a letdown overall. Then again hazel's past with ozpin was disappointing to begin with so.... A disappointing end to a disappointing character. I hope the rest of the episode is much better. Last episode made zero sense and this one has a potential horrible development for hazel, this is something that bodes poorly for a volume with not that many episodes or runtime.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Aaaaaaaand I found the preview. I am kinda disappointed by the development. You would think taking down hazel would require more than a convenient semblace. I guess hazel is not necessarily down but still, a bit of a letdown overall. Then again hazel's past with ozpin was disappointing to begin with so.... A disappointing end to a disappointing character. I hope the rest of the episode is much better. Last episode made zero sense and this one has a potential horrible development for hazel, this is something that bodes poorly for a volume with not that many episodes or runtime.
Calling it now, Nora is going to end up being Hazel's sister. It legit hit me the moment i saw her going to fight him. From what we know about Nora's past she was always by herself before she met Ren in Kuroyuki (?), and a beggar. What are the odds of Hazel's sister having never really died but instead living on till currently?
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
14,781
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
@Emperor Spriggan, Ozpin said she died on a mission. She was his student, training to be a hunter so that's very unlikely.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
@Emperor Spriggan, Ozpin said she died on a mission. She was his student, training to be a hunter so that's very unlikely.
:facepalm
It's more of a wild thought kind of thing? I know all the evidence is pointing to Hazel's sister being dead, but we all know he's going to get redeemed here. His sister still being alive would make that better writing imo. Rather than the obvious face heel turn which is going to happen.
Nora beats him down>Talk by Ozpin>He turns a new leaf
:awe
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
14,781
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
It's more of a wild thought kind of thing? I know all the evidence is pointing to Hazel's sister being dead, but we all know he's going to get redeemed here. His sister still being alive would make that better writing imo. Rather than the obvious face heel turn which is going to happen.
Nora beats him down>Talk by Ozpin>He turns a new leaf
To be honest I would prefer that development too. She can still be alive somewhere. Or maybe she died fighting one of Salem's underlings! :eek:
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
To be honest I would prefer that development too. She can still be alive somewhere. Or maybe she died fighting one of Salem's underlings! :eek:
Oh shit, that would be awesome :blink It's pretty obvious Salem is only using Hazel by taking advantage of his hate for Ozpin to have him on her side. If Hazel's sister was killed by her own forces....
I wonder if he'd turn on Salem? Would be a nice chance to show Salem's abilities in battle. I wouldn't mind that.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,308
Reaction score
24,932
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
How could she be alive? She died on a training mission as a beacon academy student. How can nora possibly fit into that? And also, how could ozpin possibly not know who nora is if she was hazel's sister? And if she died on a training mission odds are that she died fighting grim, in which case salem would at least be indirectly responsible for her death.
 
Top