Sakura's drawing - Now Colored!^^* | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Sakura's drawing - Now Colored!^^*

Zoe303

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hello again!I've decided to put my draw colored by me!It's also been colored by abu 89 in the past when I first post it(and I'm very happy he did it ^.^ Thanks a lot!), and lee-nus offered himself to color it but he needed a cleaner line art....As I didn't find anyone to clean it (cuz I don't know how to do it :blink lol ) I decided to make it by myself. It's my first color ever so....I know it's not great but I'd like to know what you guys think! :smile-big
I know it has no shadows :s but I did my best!Hope you like it!

http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sakuracoloredbymesf7.jpg

lee-nus

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
oh, there it is

colors are pretty neat, though i'd like them a bit darker and slightly more saturated, esp her skin. of course, a bit more shading and highlighting would give the face a lot more "feel" to it. i advice you to start coloring cellshade-style, as it gives you a good idea of placement of shadows and highlights, if you dont already feel confident about it. besides, its a lot easier than cg:ing and soft shading. i recommend you to do a search on tutorials for whatever program you use (Photoshop?) over at deviantART.

actually, i remember dynamic dragon having two good tutorials for both cellshading and soft shading, which you might wanna check out at http://pokefreak.deviantart.com/

oh, and in case ur reading this DD, im charging you ten quid for recommending you... :tem

Zoe303

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Thank you very much for this lee-nus!^^* I'm going to keep it in mind and let's see if I'm able to imrpove...lol ^^, And also thanks to DD for having this great tutorials!

sharinganLS

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Very nicely done, ur very good at drawing; keep up the gud work; hoping to see more from you. All the best.

Zoe303

Reaction score
Country
Spain
sharinganLS said:
Very nicely done, ur very good at drawing; keep up the gud work; hoping to see more from you. All the best.
Thank you very much ^^* You're so kind... I'm glad you like it and I'll try to improve myself with those tutorials!
Thanks a lot for commenting, it means a lot to me :glomp