Theory - Scratchmen Apoo is working with Moriah to take down Kaido | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Scratchmen Apoo is working with Moriah to take down Kaido

McNuss

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
This is a crazy theory that I saw on a one piece blog (can't remember which one) like three or four months ago. Because Scratchmen Apoo apparantly became Kaido's underling, this theory becomes even more likely.

It all started before the timeskip. Scratchmen Apoo and the On Air Pirates were chased by a hoard of giant boars on an unknown island in the New World. They were chased to a cliff, but instead of falling down, they literally walked on air as if a part of the island was invisibile.

An invisble island. There is a power that could achieve that. It's Absalom's awakened Suke Suke no Mi. It is quite possible Absalom was able to awaken his fruit, why not? For them to hide in the New World, the remnants of the Mysterious Four had to become stronger anyways. Also Absalom loves his ability because he is a pervert.

So on this island Scratchmen Apoo met Gekko Moriah, Absalom and Hogback and they formed an alliance. Apoo's job was to make an alliance with other strong pirates and push them into Kaido, so Moriah can take his revenge. He found these in in the form of the Kid Pirates and the Hawkins Pirates. In turn, Absalom would use his power to make reports about important events for the public. This move is to ensure the marines would start building up more power for an upcoming war. He also reported about the formation of the Kid-Apoo-Hawkins Alliance, but how did he find out about their hideout? Only possible through a mole, in this case, Apoo. This again was to make sure the marines would be pushed against Kaido as well.

However, something went wrong. Instead of Kaido, the Kid-Apoo-Hawkins Alliance suddenly decided on Shanks as their target. Apoo likely was against this, but had to agree on it anyways as it would have ruined his pirate career.
Luck was on his side as suddenly Kaido fell from the sky. Apoo became Kaido's underling and they changed plans. Instead of trying to slowly create a huge conflict, they can now publish intel about Kaido to the public to create conflict even sooner and have an even better chance to take his head.

Moriah should appear in Kaido's arc. Wano certainly will not be the end of Kaido, too much plotlines do not fit in there like Caribou and X. Drake. Or Wano will be the longest arc ever with all the characters coming together in this place.

TitaniumOxide

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Great theory. If the wano arc has this many characters then it will be like Dressrosa which introduced many characters that have made a name for themselves in the New World. Except this time it will be returning characters. It will be a good chance to regulate the amount of supernovas from the worse generation. I mean the world is a harsh place especially in the New World. A lot of people get sent packing back to paradise and it is time for a supernova or two to get sent packing or just get eliminated forever.

As for Moriah coming back, It can be a possibility. I mean he can even ally with Luffy. Luffy's past enemies always end up not fighting him again and become his ally. If their common enemy is Kaido then the enemy's enemy is my friend. I really like this theory. Kudos to the originator.

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Moriah looks like a good condidate for an alliance. He hold a grudge against Kaido, plus he can make others stronger with his shadows. And he doesn't have that much of a reason to hate Luffy other than loosing to him.

mr_smokey

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
I can definitely see Moriah teaming up to take on Kaido. He'll grumble but play his part kinda like Croco in the WB War.