Shanks "New Era" and the incident Ace x BB battle would start | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shanks "New Era" and the incident Ace x BB battle would start

shii

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So what should be those 2 things?

Maybe the New Era Shanks talk about has relations to Dragon's Actions or it's something of his own beliefe?

Aboutthe incident, what could it be?

> SOrry if there's already another topic on it, I saw none >>"

OP_overlord

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
shanks "bet his arm on a new era" as he told WB so it is logical to say that he was talking about luffy and him becomeing pirate kill

sushi

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
yeah sorry does shanks n dragon know each other

shii

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
>> I dont mean they're working together, It's more like...what could be the newera he talks about

I just said about the Dragon cuz he's a revolutionary and that should mean he wans something "new' too, like the new era shanks is talking about >> and now Luffy stands against the WG too and all...

sushi

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
I see

if shanks really knows and is a friend to dragon that would be even better

shanks knows that luffy is dragon son and that is why he helps luffy thus making luffy the new person to help dragon to overthrow the WG besides being the next pirate king

gao_dargon

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i dont think that dragon and shanks have a relationship, like freindship or something, i think they might know of each other cuz of shanks being an emperor and dragon being the 1º criminal, but thats about it i think, and about the new era, i think that the battle between ace and bb was the triger cuz its when luffy will start his rampage to the wolrd looking for his brother or avengin(spelling?) him, i think luffy is the peek of the new era, the era of dreams, the one flamigo is trying to crush

Dark^_^Chi

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
This is very interest to talk, but I thought that Shanks say about to consider Ruff the new Pirate king or the new imperator not about Dragon. All the people in OP didn't know anything about Dragon, nico Robin say this when Garps say about her son Dragon to be Ruff's father. Because this I thought that Shank don't know aboute Dragon, only he is a Revolucionary, Don't know her name or poisition, power or that he had a son and this son is Ruff... Because Anyone knew nothing about Dragon... and Shanks I think is the same...
Bjux!!!

Pimpolho

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
The new era i think is the fall of WG. The fight will be the trigger because i think BB will feel so superior that he will try to be WOrld King and Luffy will try to stop him and revenge or save Ace.This clash will decide the new Pirate king and change the navy and WG .

TheComrade

Reaction score
Personally, I agree with the comment about the era of dreams. Shanks lost his arm saving Luffy's life and inspiring him to follow his dreams. Furthermore, this new era represents a serious shift in the world powers, and inevitably will lead to the truth about the Lost Century and possibly the dissolution of the World Government.

As for the battle being a trigger, it is the event that not only introduces Blackbeard onto the world stage as a major threat, it is also an event that will set him in direct conflict with the major powers of the world, and creates the necessary pretense for eventual battle with Luffy.

xr3b0rn5inx

Reaction score
I think Shanks and Dragon have came face to face before,since their both in such high position in the world.

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
yeah that and they both "care" about luffy shanks gave him his arm and dragon is his dad and wants him to help him take over the world so he needs him
but the powers of this world will change because of the new era...

Efreet

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
i think the great incident would be the..ahem...(Caution: May sound quite lame)

The Clash of the Three Great Powers

these three "deities" have been struggling to maintain balance for quite a while

Whitebeard is an Emperor, and perhaps some of his fearsomeness comes from Ace, with Ace's death/ defeat, he (and the entire Yonkou) is weakened

The Gorousei will, of course, hear of Blackbeard's victory and will be queuing up to get him to join the Shichibukai..

with this, the powers will finally become somewhat even and there is no better time for the showdown than now

vorlon83

Reaction score
Me personally thinks that this new Era will be the fall of the WG.

But then I have another Question...!

You all take about the new Era, but in what relation stands the New Era to the New World?!

Sorry for my bad English but i#m just some stupid german ;)

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
the new world is the later half of the grand line and the new era was speculated many times by different people, don ... aihkoasdhgib (however you spell his name) said that he would creat an era devoid of dreams, dragon prob wants no more WG and shanksis betting for a new pirate king in the new era.

falco_dergento

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
it is said that the three great powers are always in balance with each other. so i think the 'great incident' that will occur is the crumbling of that balance! maybe it's something like efreet said! BB becomes sichibukai, to avange Ace WB will launch an attack to BB group! and since BB is one of the sichibukai, it'll become the collision of between the yonkou and sichibukai!

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
but will the other shichibukai come to BB aid and will the other yonkou come to Wb aid or will it be a one on one crew battle cause WB crew is bigger put that doesnt mean much he could just have more weak guys and the Wg could always order teh other shichibukai to go to BB aid and then WB woulod be in trouble

Goji

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Personally, I agree with the comment about the era of dreams. Shanks lost his arm saving Luffy's life and inspiring him to follow his dreams. Furthermore, this new era represents a serious shift in the world powers, and inevitably will lead to the truth about the Lost Century and possibly the dissolution of the World Government.

As for the battle being a trigger, it is the event that not only introduces Blackbeard onto the world stage as a major threat, it is also an event that will set him in direct conflict with the major powers of the world, and creates the necessary pretense for eventual battle with Luffy.
Well said! ^^

So eventually there's going to be one giant battle between all the major players of the world and Luffy's gonna be stuck right in the middle of it...
I like it! XD

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think the garousei or old men of the World govt. Have shown us that above anything else they are interested in maintaining the balance of power in the current world. Two things. One it is weird that they don't seek to destroy the pirates who for all intents and purposes go against thier order and don't aknowledge their rule.
Two if BB beats ace and hands him over to the Govt. the Govt. might just deny him a position as a shinchibukai. Because that may move whitebeard to action against the govt and totally destroy the balance they seem to want to preserve.

treetop430

Reaction score
Country
United States
All I can say is good-bye Whitebeard, and the World Government better fear for themselves! Luffy don't play.

As grim as Ace's future looks (;_;), considering that Shanks was concerned enough to go after the "great" WB, I can't help but wonder what would Ace's reaction be if Shanks were to seriously down and disable Whitebeard and just show that he's not fit to be the pirate king Ace is so hell-bent on making WB become. And I can't help but wonder if the Yami Yami no mi has some adverse effects...I just wanna know WHY Ace is so determined to keep WB's legacy so strong. I hope some sort of Ace's history is revealed in an upcoming chapter...

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
yeah i like this ace will relize that Wb is getting weaker and join luffy's crew and make it alot stronger

and that should scare teh world gov more power to teh SH not so good after they took down the CP9, and the buster call.

and wouldnt the elder stars want a new shichbukia because they need to either restore the balence of power or gain teh advantage with a new stronger recruit and they are behind in all other matters so yeah,...

and anti panda the whole balence of power thing is just a waiting game to see who is dumb enought to make the first move and start a war and have teh other two sides fight the one and now that everyone is weaker due mainly to the SH the power is still pretty much even with teh yonkou wining slightly