Re: Shicibukai Vs Yonkou
Doesnt the fact that shank uses a sword in combat make him a swordman?
No not Really. A swordsman is a fighter who uses in every battle a sword, a all time sword fighter. Like Zoro, in every battle he is using a sword. For example, Nightmare Luffy.. he was able to fight with a sword, but his primary fighting style his bare-hand based, so he isn't a swordsman.
mean, would you say Luffy is stronger than Moria even though most of the damage he was able to do was in Nightmare form?
You are not fair. If u don't count Nightmare Luffy then u shouldn't count Oz as well
Mihawk's line of "I have long since given up fighting you one-armed man" could be seen three ways
If u read that without taking other evidences/hints into consideration, then there is many way to interpret that. I will post/edit the hints later. Still collecting stuffs.. xD
Or it could just mean they fought many times, Mihawk losing some and Shanks losing some, but now Mihawk doesn't want to fight a man with just one arm.
So u agree with me? Mihawk and Shanks were equal rivals and fighting for the top. After losing his dominant arm Mwk was stronger and he is still standing at the top.
Shanks is weak because he lost an arm to a sea monster (lol)
Lol, I never used the word "weak". I was comparing him with Mihawk and put him a bit under him.
You can't be called "weak" if u would lose a quite evenly battle with some1 who is called the strongest swordsman.
[I used the word overrated, 'cause the existence of this char is just to support Luffy.. that's why, but that's my opinion, shouldn't matter in the Mihawk vs Shanks discussion. Same with Ace, he is imo also overrated. His whole existence was just to trigger a big war and to lose in his first real battle xD I know the story isn't ended yet, but Im not expecting Ace playing any big role later. ]->my opinion.
-He wants to ignore the fact that Shanks is a Yonkou (the very definition of a Yonkou is that they are the 4 most powerful pirates in the OP world)
ähm...so what? Mihawk is a Shichi and is carrying the title strongest swordsman. The Shichi
are equal to the Yonkou and his other title let him stand at the top. What do u intent to proof with the title "Yonkou"? I don't get it..
We are comparing 2 big shots, those titles (Shichi and Yonkou) means nothing in their world. Would be different if we would compare Shanks with Buggy, SN..
the fact that he knocked out the majority of WB's crew with his presence alone
He knocked out cannon fodder and not WB, do u think Mihawk couldn't do that? And yes, Im ignoring that, 'cause this is totally irrelevant.
the fact that he was able to fight equally with Mihawk before he became a Yonkou
I never denied that.. did u read my posts? Actually I was always saying that he used to be a equal rival with Mihawk, but couldn't fight him any more evenly, 'cause he lost his arm.
the fact that he got through a naval blockade and did not fear WG repercussions
I never ignored that and I fail to see how that would put him above Mihawk..
the fact that he was able to spar equally with WhiteBeard the strongest man in the world.
All we saw was a clash.. and WB is not a swordsman. U think Mihawk couldn't do that? I believe if WB and Shanks should fight a sword-only fight, Shanks would win. He used to be a rival of Mihawk.. that's why.. but that's a another story.
the fact that he is the protagonist's idol..
How would that explain Shanks strength? and put him above Mihawk?
he is not only one of the most powerful pirates shown so far, but one of the most powerful men in the entire world.
I never denied that. He is a powerful pirate, cause he is leading a organisation which is equal to WBs crew and respected/feared by the WG, whereby he got the status of a Yonkou. He is also like u said one of the top dogs of the world, cause he is able to lead such a strong crew and he is/was able to fight evenly Mihawk. Im not looking down on Shanks!
But there is more evidence pointing towards Shanks as stronger then Mihawk.
As strong as Mihawk or stronger as Mihawk? Anyway I rly would like to hear ur "more evidence".
Just to let u know, Shanks is one of my favourite chars, I mean look at my forum nick, its almost copied from him. But Im reading the facts with a neutral viewpoint and imo everything hints towards him being weaker than Mhk, even if its just 1%
But Im relieved, u stopped laughing and started to take my posts seriously.