Hangout Shingeki no Kyojin Hangout Thread

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Funny how the 60m class is the unofficial representative of the franchise lol. I would looove the mug though :P
 

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,224
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Does anyone other than me feel like the reveal that Reiner and Bert were the Armored and Colossal Titan was completely random and anticlimactic? That was the first time when I felt like a twist didn't really work.
 

Ryr

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2010
Messages
738
Reaction score
374
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Second OP

 
Last edited by a moderator:

teioh

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2009
Messages
262
Reaction score
68
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Does anyone other than me feel like the reveal that Reiner and Bert were the Armored and Colossal Titan was completely random and anticlimactic? That was the first time when I felt like a twist didn't really work.
You meant the fact inself or the way they did?
Cuz the fact that they were the CT and AT was even insighted by a fan in another community (the post was copied here too but actually is lost in some thread of the past).
And the author is a little genious cuz he reveal us it with a lot of hidden hints in the past chapters.

Otherwise if you are talking about the way Reiner revealed their identities it could be a bit anticlimatic but I think the goal was to sudden surprise the readers and frankly it worked!
At that time I was thinking that Reiner was joking or that was a dream... Till Mikasa try to cut to death Reiner and Berthold! Another sudden occurence! Well, eventually I liked the scene when B&R being revealed as titans a lot =)
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,224
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
You meant the fact inself or the way they did?
Cuz the fact that they were the CT and AT was even insighted by a fan in another community (the post was copied here too but actually is lost in some thread of the past).
And the author is a little genious cuz he reveal us it with a lot of hidden hints in the past chapters.

Otherwise if you are talking about the way Reiner revealed their identities it could be a bit anticlimatic but I think the goal was to sudden surprise the readers and frankly it worked!
At that time I was thinking that Reiner was joking or that was a dream... Till Mikasa try to cut to death Reiner and Berthold! Another sudden occurence! Well, eventually I liked the scene when B&R being revealed as titans a lot =)
Well, no. I had at least sort of spoiled myself by accident and knew Reiner was the AT. I was unaware of Bert being the CT, but it makes sense. I fear everyone will eventually bed Titans at this rate...exaggeration a bit :p

But what I meant was the circumstances. Reiner just blurted it out so randomly. It certainly was unexpected, but it just surprised me by how matter-of-fact it was. It just felt...weird.
 

Yumpo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
364
Reaction score
186
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Does anyone other than me feel like the reveal that Reiner and Bert were the Armored and Colossal Titan was completely random and anticlimactic? That was the first time when I felt like a twist didn't really work.
For some reason, I actually think of the opposite. I actually like it. The standard reveal of an enemy/big bad/surprise factor is to make it epic, grand or something the like. RB's reveal made a stark contrast to the usual. It's also kind of a contrast towards Eren, Annie and Ymir. The three, who had heavy obvious foreshadowings, was given an epic reveal while, compared to the duo, was foreshadowed so subtly that you wouldn't even noticed until you reread a couple of times, thus they were given a reveal as "mediocre" as their foreshadows.

It's kinda like Isayama's pattern or something. XD
 

Bandreus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2007
Messages
163
Reaction score
38
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I liked the AT & CT reveal a lot. I'll be honest, I didn't get the little bits and pieces left throughout the manga by Isayama, and when Reiner shaked their cover off I was totally blown away.

It didn't feel random at all (to me), since it was made pretty clear Reiner was revealing his true identity to Eren right there and then mainly because they didn't really have another option.

It felt pretty much unexpected and shockingly sudden, but not really out of character or unreasonable.

BTW, I guess Bertholdt kind of was with you. He really wasn't expecting Reiner's coming out at all either xD
 

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
I loved that moment because of the emotionally tense, yet also very delicate atmosphere. Remember Eren was already told to "act cool" and pretend he didn't suspect anything (actually he was probably just doing the same thing as with Annie and trusting them anyway, until that point) and meanwhile Reiner is stupidly spilling the beans like it's nothing at all and Bert is freaking out about Reiner's "mistake" like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING????" Then Mikasa's attack, in my mind, plays out in slow motion. I love when authors give *subtle* signs of characters' inner mental and emotional states, so overall it was an awesome moment for me.

With Annie's case I was excited, sure, but I also (mostly?) just felt so sad she was THE titan, I was so sucked in to what Armin was thinking there. With Ymir I was just like "OK go ahead and turn titan already, it's freaking obvious..." lol... (the lead-up with Reiner was more interesting to me)
 
Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,371
Gender
Male
Country
France
I liked the AT & CT reveal a lot. I'll be honest, I didn't get the little bits and pieces left throughout the manga by Isayama, and when Reiner shaked their cover off I was totally blown away.

It didn't feel random at all (to me), since it was made pretty clear Reiner was revealing his true identity to Eren right there and then mainly because they didn't really have another option.

It felt pretty much unexpected and shockingly sudden, but not really out of character or unreasonable.

BTW, I guess Bertholdt kind of was with you. He really wasn't expecting Reiner's coming out at all either xD
This, but for me it felt random, it was the randomness who made that scene so awesome, even Bert didn't see that coming, Reiner completely lost it and told the truth to Eren. I was completely dumbfounded. It was the most shocking revelation for me, after that we see Eren who was still trusting his friends, I started to think like him that Reiner was raving but it didn't last long.

---------- Post added July 28, 2013 at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was July 26, 2013 at 04:21 PM ----------


Lol Mikasa.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Attack on Titan Manga #11 Gets 1.85-Million 1st Printing

The Twitter account for the Attack on Titan manga stated last week that publisher Kodansha produced 1.85 million copies of the 11th volume of Hajime Isayama's Attack on Titan manga for its first print run next month.

Volume 11 will come in a regular edition and a special edition. The special edition will retail for 1,200 yen (about US$12) and include four sheets with 36 stickers that recreate key manga scenes in color as well as "cute" anime illustrations. The special edition will also bundle two 3D postcards of Eren and other characters.
Well deserved, well deserved :hee
 

royalq

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2013
Messages
54
Reaction score
5
Gender
Female
Country
United States
ive always been suspicious of Rivaille honestly. We dont get much out of him, he seems to stare a lot and not give his opinion much.when someone says some kind of point, the panel just shows him stare with those 3 dots. I think rivaille might know a lot or may be a titan. Chapter 27 pg 25 he stands on female titans head and says "your just like me, arent ya? You, of all people, would understand me". take into consideration the commas it can be said as - of all people , you would understand me. Why would she understand him better than anyone else? His team has been with him for years, he has known Irvin for years. In fact it was Irvin that made him change his ways of being a underground thug. So why would she, of all people, understand him? Annie and rivaille havent had any contact that i can remember, so why is she just like him. Maybe rivaille's a titan but is on the side of humanity? Im not quite sure but ive always been suspicious of him.
 

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
If it turns out that his injury is suddenly healed out of nowhere, then I'll believe he could be a titan. (I still won't believe he's the "ape titan" as someone recently suggested, though.)
 

royalq

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2013
Messages
54
Reaction score
5
Gender
Female
Country
United States
yeah i dont think he's an ape titan either. he may be a spy for them though. He cant possibly be the ape because he wasnt sure if the guy spoke that language or what the 3d gear is. Rivaille is a master at the 3d gear. The ape must be someone who was always outside the walls and never was inside. some one possibly from RBA's hometown.
 

Yumpo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
364
Reaction score
186
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I really don't see why Levi is suspicious. Levi probably said those words because they both understand that they enjoy killing each other.

Also, we don't know how many years his subordinates were under him. But you could probably guess that they weren't members of the Survey Corp yet during the attack on Shiganshina, since the only ones who knew about the plan to capture the Female Titan was the survivors of "5 years ago," which when you look at the timeline coincides during the attack on Shinganshina and possibly the recovery mission that killed 250000 people.
 

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
It coincides because both 5 years ago and then again at Trost, the attacks on Walls Maria and Rose were specifically coordinated by RB(A) to happen while the Scouting Legion was away. Actually maybe that's what Annie was doing at the time Reiner and Bertolt attacked? Keeping Erwin, Levi, and the others busy?
 

Yumpo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
364
Reaction score
186
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
It coincides because both 5 years ago and then again at Trost, the attacks on Walls Maria and Rose were specifically coordinated by RB(A) to happen while the Scouting Legion was away. Actually maybe that's what Annie was doing at the time Reiner and Bertolt attacked? Keeping Erwin, Levi, and the others busy?
Actually...I don't think it would make sense....since the Survey Corp actually has just recently returned from the expedition the time Reiner and Bertolt attacked. They couldn't have possibly took off again during the attack because of those casualties. But they could've encountered the Female Titan during the expedition. Thus the reason why they have suffered great damages when they went back. The other possibility that they could have seen Annie's titan form was just right after RB's attack. And another would be during the recovery mission. But the recovery mission wouldn't make sense 'cause Annie is already inside of Wall Rose at that time, of course, that is if we accept the anime's cameo. She shouldn't have access to a maneuver gear until 2 years after the attack. She could've climbed Wall Rose any time with her Titan form during those past years, but shouldn't we have heard that there were weird markings along the walls? Then again, the Garrison isn't also known for their diligence like the MP.
 

royalq

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2013
Messages
54
Reaction score
5
Gender
Female
Country
United States
or maybe Rivaille is the one who brought them away on purpose because they are so skilled. Maybe he knew about the plan. You brought out a good point that both times the scouting legion wasnt there, arguably the more experienced soldiers. Your post just struck a nerve with me, i didnt notice that both times they werent there. Im going to look even more closely at him. some might say that because its believed that 5 years ago is when the spies infiltrated it can be Rivaille. But how much do they really know, things may not be as they seem.
these are all just my theories of course, but i find him to be too quiet.

If not rivaille than most likely some higher up that knows something keeps sending them away when a attack is about to happen
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,224
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
If it turns out that his injury is suddenly healed out of nowhere, then I'll believe he could be a titan. (I still won't believe he's the "ape titan" as someone recently suggested, though.)
Well, the humans with the ability to become Titans seem to have control over there abilities, even healing. You saw it with Reiner and his chomped arm.

But to be honest, the idea that Rivaille, Mikasa, etc will all eventually be Titans kind of turns me off. It's kind of overboard with something that's supposed to be unique and mysterious.
 
Top