Hangout Shingeki no Kyojin Hangout Thread

windy van

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2013
Messages
99
Reaction score
17
Gender
Hidden
Country
Indonesia
I am not a shipper, I am stating the facts:3c. Even if they killed her mother, Eren still wondered why Annie was fighting and she was the one who killed Levi's teammates but it's completely different with the 2 others, he went berserk directly. Despite his respect for Reiner who was like a big bro for him.
I think this is mainly because Eren felt so desperate after Annie being mass murderer titan, he had to know Bert and Reiner are titans as well, who will stay calm with those facts? That's why he called them traitors.. Then his angry grew after he remembered Reiner acted like brother and what Bert did to his mom..
That's true Eren is only thinking about killing titans.. But you never knew if his feelings for Annie was grew into affection.. People's feelings isn't that simple after all..

Sadly, given those recent situation, with Annie trapped in crystal, we couldn't see how their relationship will change, so far it's just from Eren one sidedly, and not really shown.. When he remembered Annie vs Mikasa, he didn't showed angry for her.. I still think Eren wants to know everything from Annie directly.. He was taught how to treat a girl from her somehow.. ;)
So, as long as the series isn't completed yet, I still root for this pairing..
 

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
I found her likeable from the start actually, but I was just as surprised as kkck that they were a thing. A couple of scenes together do not a canon ship make.

So far this seems (to me) to be like most other shounen in the romance department with its series of one-sided crushes.

Mikasa --> Eren
Jean --> Mikasa
Marco --> Jean, anyone? (jk! kidding!)
Reiner --> Christa
Ymir --> Christa (probably for real)
Bert --> Annie
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,670
Reaction score
61,362
Gender
Male
Country
France
I found her likeable from the start actually, but I was just as surprised as kkck that they were a thing. A couple of scenes together do not a canon ship make.

So far this seems (to me) to be like most other shounen in the romance department with its series of one-sided crushes.

Mikasa --> Eren
Jean --> Mikasa
Marco --> Jean, anyone? (jk! kidding!)
Reiner --> Christa
Ymir --> Christa (probably for real)
Bert --> Annie
Jean...:pout.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,284
Reaction score
24,918
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Eren and mikasa should be something of a given IMO... Even if a point could be made for a brotherly bond there are a couple of things to consider against that. For one thing they are both perfectly aware that they are no siblings and for both of them there was a time when they were not a part of each other's life. For another we have had at least one occasion which does suggest mikasa does have that sort of feelings for eren (in spite of the fact that she has the ability to kick substantially greater amounts of ass than eren in every regard).

Other than that eren and annie is just plain weird.... If anything the only pairing in the manga that kinda makes sense is eren-mikasa. If annie was to have some sort of feelings for someone it would be armin however the only basis for that would be that she had the option to murder him and chose not to which is a disturbing base to suggest a relationship of the sort.
 

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Awww... Armin x Annie is really cute as an idea for a pairing. <3

I think Mikasa probably has canon feelings for Eren but I can't see Eren ever requiting them as he is now. If he grows enough as a person to accept she's probably always going to be the better fighter, then maybe, and he is technically on the right track for that kind of growth, but he seems to have too much of an inferiority complex to see her as more than family/close friend. He'd have to go pretty far to get past that tendency. It's no wonder people like Annie x Eren because at least it's true he does seem to respect her a lot. (I still don't see that as romantic though, sorry guys.)
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Global Moderator Notice:
It's great to see that you're so actively discussing Shingeki this much, I really appreciate how lively the section is :nod Still, please try to keep the one word/one line posts to a minimum and avoid them as much as possible. This may just be the hangout but always consider if your post really adds something to the discussion.~ naruto-niichan
 

teioh

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2009
Messages
262
Reaction score
68
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Now the point is: I hope this "run to whatever is SnK binded" will not mean something will change in Isayama plans.
Often a big hit in shonen world, especially for an atypical shonen as SnK is, means a lower quality story and less gore scenes to be more "teen friendly" (read it money friendly).
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,670
Reaction score
61,362
Gender
Male
Country
France
Does anyone know where I can read Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou? It's the official spin-off of the manga. I only found the first chapter in english.
 

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Sorry I don't know, but is that set in middle school? They're all senior high school aged kids now... o_O;
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Sorry I don't know, but is that set in middle school? They're all senior high school aged kids now... o_O;
Lol pretty much, they go to school all together, even with the Titans XD
 

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
lol... kind of like "Black Order High School" omake for the DGM anime I guess, with a monster as one of the classmates. But why chuugakkou and not koukou???? :XD
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
lol... kind of like "Black Order High School" omake for the DGM anime I guess, with a monster as one of the classmates. But why chuugakkou and not koukou???? :XD
Aren't they only 15? Well at least for EMA
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,670
Reaction score
61,362
Gender
Male
Country
France
@Utsune: Do you read it in Japanese? Is it a monthly too? How many chapters are out?
 
Last edited:

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
As you may well know, 15 going on 16 is first year SHS age, and the school year starts in April. I'm guessing it's based on their military training years, since those started three years before. I wonder when they'll release that Ilse Langnar omake DVD btw. Now that sounds interesting.
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
@Utsune: Do you read it in Japanese? Is it a monthly too? How many chapters are out?
Unfortunately I can only find the first chapter too (read it in Chinese a long time ago.) Yes, it's being serialised (monthly as far as I know) in the same Magazine since 2012 May, and there's only 1 Volume (tankoubon) to date. The illustrator is actually not Isayama but Nakamura Saki (apparently they went to the same vocational school lol.)

I'll look around a bit later to see if I can find more chaps :P

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Edit: or 2012 April.

Anyways, only found two more after searching everywhere.
Chapter 9 (in Japanese)
Chapter 16 (in Chinese, which is basically on every single Chinese manga site)


which is actually a very cute series, so if anyone could find the raws to chapter 2 and beyond, I wouldn't mind giving translating a go, but I don't see any point in translating just the above 2 out of nowhere for now (the plot is thin but it's still there...)
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,670
Reaction score
61,362
Gender
Male
Country
France
Unfortunately I can only find the first chapter too (read it in Chinese a long time ago.) Yes, it's being serialised (monthly as far as I know) in the same Magazine since 2012 May, and there's only 1 Volume (tankoubon) to date. The illustrator is actually not Isayama but Nakamura Saki (apparently they went to the same vocational school lol.)

I'll look around a bit later to see if I can find more chaps :P

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Edit: or 2012 April.

Anyways, only found two more after searching everywhere.
Chapter 9 (in Japanese)
Chapter 16 (in Chinese, which is basically on every single Chinese manga site)


which is actually a very cute series, so if anyone could find the raws to chapter 2 and beyond, I wouldn't mind giving translating a go, but I don't see any point in translating just the above 2 out of nowhere for now (the plot is thin but it's still there...)
I'll recommend the manga on the forum.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
It looks like the volume 11 going to have 1,850,000 copies for its first print-out.
 
Top