Re: Shingeki no Kyojin by ISAYAMA Hajime
He had some nice development in volume three, learning to suppress his fear and act more courageous in spite of his small stature.
---------- Post added August 13, 2011 at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was August 12, 2011 at 11:37 AM ----------
It didn't take long but all 24 chapters are scanlated. TDX Edited Manga Group (Shiki, Dogs, Liar Game Manga Editor) just released the remaining chapters. I will spend the day tomorrow catching up
I am not reading raws either. I would rather wait until I can read translated chapters, put the picture with words. I am happy to see there are so many who enjoy the Shingeki enough to read raws, it says a lot for how popular this series will be once it is fully translated. And hopefully it will be soon, hopefully someone will notice how popular it is and that there are only six untranslated chapters left.I haven't been reading chapter raws as they come out, so I only know what is going on up until chapter 18 (volume 4 end).
I find Armin's relationship to the more hot headed Mikasa and Eren interesting. Normally the smart, weak, introspective character is the voice of reason. Not Armin. He seems to calm them down, when their actions begin to outpace their thoughts, but he is not exactly the voice of reason. He always seems to encourage them to dream big, whether that means encouraging Eren to seek the world outside of the walls or planning the maneuver to seal Wall Rose.What I find interesting is the relationship between Eren, Mikasa, and Armin. They have been a team since the beginning, and I love how they play off each other. I feel that Armin is a little underdeveloped, but I'm sure as time goes on, he'll be more confident to be the negotiator.
He had some nice development in volume three, learning to suppress his fear and act more courageous in spite of his small stature.
The military probably expects recruits like Armin to gravitate to units that are behind the front lines: officer training, police, medics, intelligence or counter-intelligence. Medics have not been discussed much but it is likely that even the medics for the Scouting Legion avoid the front line, maintaining secure field bases. The instructors were probably shocked that someone without much fighting ability could still make it into the Scouting Legion.Speaking of Armin, I'm kind of surprised during the training flashback the instructor wondered if there would be a place for him in the scouting legion. Granted, the scouting legion IS the most phsyically taxing job, but I feel like its a bit of a cop out for Armin to have to define his skills...surely the legion have something like a field medic, right?
Sorry if my post is introspective, but I have to admit what is the most fascinating to me is how people behave in this world. It feels very well researched.
---------- Post added August 13, 2011 at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was August 12, 2011 at 11:37 AM ----------
It didn't take long but all 24 chapters are scanlated. TDX Edited Manga Group (Shiki, Dogs, Liar Game Manga Editor) just released the remaining chapters. I will spend the day tomorrow catching up

The author really gave us quite the cliffhanger, but seeing it as how the right and left flank of the scouting legion are circling around the giant group of trees, they might be planning to capture the female titan alive. Why else would you have the rest of your soldiers encircle Eren's squad, unless for that purpose.
Btw it seems like we're the only ones actively discussing here.