Chapter - Shokugeki no Sanji | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Shokugeki no Sanji

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The chapter was fun but I would have liked to see Luffy and Usopp's faces, Felt weird :XD . It took me a while to realize that it was Pre-TS. I am too used to see Zoro in a kimono.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
The chapter was fun but I would have liked to see Luffy and Usopp's faces, Felt weird :XD .
That was super weird, lol. I guess they didn't want to take attention away from Sanji, Zoro, and Nami...but that's such a strange reasoning.

Either way, I found it to be a good read. With all the hectic stuff that's currently going on in the main series, it's made me realize we've been missing these small interpersonal moments between the crew.

slavkovski

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
If only Sanji's behavior towards woman are only just like in this two chapter i will like him more
But i dont like Zoro in here.. he talk to much.. lol

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Zoro thinks of his blades as his treasure so him handing it out to Sanji is a sign of respect as well.

Andonan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I love this chapter so much. It was such a lovely call back to Sanji and Zoro's characterisation in East Blue/early GL. Zoro was not a stoic badass meme when it was a 5 person dynamic, and Sanji was more realistic when confronted with women, and i loved seeing the old interplay between the two, not just slandering each other, which unfortunately Oda just cant afford the panels these day. Don't get me wrong, i love them both now for different reasons too, but dont get it twisted, this was SUPER IN CHARACTER, for both of them. But yes no Luffy or Ussopp was a genuine missed opportunity for me.

ish3

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
My favorite part was zoro speaking very highly of chefs and compared to them swordsman. Almost as if the mangaka was very aware of the idiotic sanji vs zoro fan boy war and made it very clear they have love and respect for each other even if it’s his own interpretation of their friendship.

Monox D. I-Fly

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I love this chapter so much. It was such a lovely call back to Sanji and Zoro's characterisation in East Blue/early GL. Zoro was not a stoic badass meme when it was a 5 person dynamic, and Sanji was more realistic when confronted with women, and i loved seeing the old interplay between the two, not just slandering each other, which unfortunately Oda just cant afford the panels these day.
Right, I feel like Oda is affected by how the animators portrayed them both. One of the most jarring examples is the "Zoro getting lost" gag. Yes, he always has a bad sense of direction and it was shown from the moment he joined the crew (he was getting lost after trying to find Mihawk to no avail), but the animators made him getting lost in a straight way with direction and now Oda has been falling low to that level of Flanderization.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Shokugeki no Sanji chapter 3 spoilers (Redon/Ap)

Shokugeki no Sanji chapter 3 takes place in Arabasta.

- Chapter starts in the banquet in Alubarna.
- Terracotta (Igaram's wife) and palace chefs aren't enough to satisfy Luffy's appetite.
- But Sanji arrives and helps them, and then another chefs from Arabasta help too.
- Sanji prepares a special dessert for Vivi and she remembers all the good moment she had with the Straw Hat Pirates.
- At the end of the chapter, just before Straw Hat Pirates leave the palace, Terracotta entrusts Sanji an old recipe book from Arabasta.

Pic from preview Wsj "33/34

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Chapter 3 out : https://manhuascan.com/read-shokugeki-no-sanji-chapter-3.html
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Shokugeki no Sanji chap 4 : " Survival - A Peach-Colored Kingdom" out : https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1009964

That color page :zomg

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Good on this chapter for walking back Sanji's more problematic attitudes towards Okama.

I also liked the rapport Sanji and Iva had.

Skipping Alabasta to here though makes me curious where the next chapter will go. I'm assuming Fishman Island.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Actually enjoyed this. Art and story were so enthralling. Can't wait to see this done for Zoro, Usopp and Franky. Not so keen on Nami's though, but I'd still read it I guess, lol.

Monox D. I-Fly

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Is it just me or recently the author of Sokugeki no Shouma writes Sanji better than Oda?

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Is it just me or recently the author of Sokugeki no Shouma writes Sanji better than Oda?
It's sort of to be expected. He has greater knowledge of food, nutrition, supplementation and the science behind it. As good a job Oda does, I'm guessing this author is pretty much an expert on this subject since his whole manga was about food.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Fun chapter.

Before Sanji's power-up was all said and done, I had wanted his training to consist of swimming in Wano's waters while using his CoO to hunt for the Koi for an Attack Cuisine Recipe. Ah well, still a good chapter.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
So happy that Sanji's finally not fodder. This chapter was great to read too.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Chap 6 summary

Chapter 6 takes place in the Baratie, when Sanji is still a child. Color cover is Sanji dressed like a prince.

Sanji is still a rookie in the kitchen and he can't keep up with the other chefs. But in the night, he practises a lot with the help of a mouse. One day he has the opportunity to work with a special lamb meat but some chefs try to boycott him. They change that special lamb meat for other lamb meat more difficult to cook.

But Sanji shows his true abilities in the kitchen and creates an amazing dish. At the end of the chapter we can see adult Sanji, just before he mets Luffy and the other. We can see too some Sanji's memories about Germa and his family during all chapter.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---