Hangout Shuumatsu No Valkyrie Hangout Thread

Who will win the next fight ?

  • Human: Raiden Tameemon

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • God: Shiva

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Tie

    Votes: 3 12.0%

  • Total voters
    25
  • Poll closed .

Shadowlord123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
1,745
Reaction score
5,149
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I think Odin is reserved for the endgame fight of this tournament, as well as maybe the strongest god the Human Team will face. From a plot perspective it would make sense since the main weapon that humans are using to harm Gods are Valkyries, servants of Odin. Not to mention, he's the strongest god from the Norse Pantheon. If someone among the gods should have the narrative to be the final foe and the strongest god, that should be Odin, IMO.
 

TarXan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2015
Messages
2,479
Reaction score
3,872
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Really? I figure Adam did far better than he should have for the sake of plot. Zeus was faster and stronger in Adamas, and one blow was supposed to be deadly, yet Adam somehow takes it, goes blow for blow, and almost beats Zeus.
I can't really take anything said about the characters seriously anymore, because it always ends up being empty hype that is nonsensical in the end.
Honestly that entire fight was a nonsensical hype fest, it was literally DBZ on roids

I think that’s why people like Jack vs Hercules much better
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I think Odin is reserved for the endgame fight of this tournament, as well as maybe the strongest god the Human Team will face. From a plot perspective it would make sense since the main weapon that humans are using to harm Gods are Valkyries, servants of Odin. Not to mention, he's the strongest god from the Norse Pantheon. If someone among the gods has the narrative from a story perspective to be the final foe and the strongest god, that should be Odin, IMO.
Thor is physically the strongest God in the Norse pantheon though

I think Odin was the wisest
 

BlackTiger

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2020
Messages
457
Reaction score
392
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Huh?

Zeus was on the verge of losing, & he was literally an immortal God

Base Zeus beat his father, Cronos who was literally the personification of time itself, Adam surpassed and over powered the same punch that oneshotted Cronos

Not to mention each punch from Zeus’s adamas form (the pinnacle of his power) was an automatic one shot, Adam was human and survived survival of those punches when he should’ve been erased from existence

Adam never even used the power of his Volund either
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Adam is literally the only human being able to fist fight with Zeus who’s the strongest God at base level then adding his Adamas form on top of that is fucking insane

Zeus had to use all his might to beat Adam, a human, even then he was seconds away from losing himself
Isn't Adam's Volund his own fist?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I think Susanoo is top 3. Since this is Japanese manga I think Japanese God will be one of the strongest.
 

TarXan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2015
Messages
2,479
Reaction score
3,872
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Isn't Adam's Volund his own fist?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I think Susanoo is top 3. Since this is Japanese manga I think Japanese God will be one of the strongest.
Adam’s Volund was his knuckle duster but it’s ability was never shown or activated
 

Gladiolus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2019
Messages
507
Reaction score
1,376
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I think Odin is reserved for the endgame fight of this tournament, as well as maybe the strongest god the Human Team will face. From a plot perspective it would make sense since the main weapon that humans are using to harm Gods are Valkyries, servants of Odin. Not to mention, he's the strongest god from the Norse Pantheon. If someone among the gods should have the narrative to be the final foe and the strongest god, that should be Odin, IMO.
Totally this. As the boss of our main characters the Valkyries and leader of the Norse Pantheon, Odin is perfect final boss material. I don't imagine any other character fullfilling better that role between the roster of the Gods. Also Odin here is portrayed as the badass villain that only speaks while necessary, that makes him more threatening than others.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Odin is not the strongest of the Norse. That is Thor.

What makes Odin the deadliest is his wisdom.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

IMO the strongest gods in every pantheon goes like this:

Greek-
  • Zeus
  • Poseidon
  • Hades but he's not here
Norse-
  • Odin
  • Thor
  • Tyr but he's not here
Japanese-
  • Amaterasu
  • Susanoo
  • Uzume but she's not here
Hinduism-
  • Brahma
  • Vishnu
  • Shiva
--- Double Post Merged, ---

There are others like Budai and Beezlbub on the list but they're irrelevant at the moment.
 

BlackTiger

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2020
Messages
457
Reaction score
392
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom


I can see Buddha and Susanoo as the strongest.
 

Gladiolus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2019
Messages
507
Reaction score
1,376
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
@MUIMadara If I remember right, Tyr was defending Asgard when the Jotum giants attacked it (see Thor's backstory). I think he died fighting the giants.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada


I can see Buddha and Susanoo as the strongest.
Susanoo could be a likely candidate given his powers and that he's the son of Amaterasu. The supreme Kami of Shinto.


Oh lol I totally forgot about Egypt
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@MUIMadara If I remember right, Tyr was defending Asgard when the Jotum giants attacked it (see Thor's backstory). I think he died fighting the giants.
Do they have to be alive? Thor dies fighting Jormingandir and Odin dies fighting Fenrir.
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda


I can see Buddha and Susanoo as the strongest.
I wish Hermes was on the roster. He has the air of someone being slept on. Just from his interaction with Ares, that subtle superiority, makes me think he has some hidden talents. In Greek mythology I only know he's the messenger of the gods but this manga likes to add flavour to back stories.
 

TarXan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2015
Messages
2,479
Reaction score
3,872
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Odin is not the strongest of the Norse. That is Thor.

What makes Odin the deadliest is his wisdom.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

IMO the strongest gods in every pantheon goes like this:

Greek-
  • Zeus
  • Poseidon
  • Hades but he's not here
Norse-
  • Odin
  • Thor
  • Tyr but he's not here
Japanese-
  • Amaterasu
  • Susanoo
  • Uzume but she's not here
Hinduism-
  • Brahma
  • Vishnu
  • Shiva
--- Double Post Merged, ---

There are others like Budai and Beezlbub on the list but they're irrelevant at the moment.
I knew Odin wasn’t the strongest Norse god and who’s Beezlbub ?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I wish Hermes was on the roster. He has the air of someone being slept on. Just from his interaction with Ares, that subtle superiority, makes me think he has some hidden talents. In Greek mythology I only know he's the messenger of the gods but this manga likes to add flavour to back stories.
Same I wish Hermès was a contestant, I want to see what Athena’s up to as well
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I knew Odin wasn’t the strongest Norse god and who’s Beezlbub ?
Philistine god. Also known as the devil in Christianity.
 

BlackTiger

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2020
Messages
457
Reaction score
392
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I wish Hermes was on the roster. He has the air of someone being slept on. Just from his interaction with Ares, that subtle superiority, makes me think he has some hidden talents. In Greek mythology I only know he's the messenger of the gods but this manga likes to add flavour to back stories.
I hope he fights someone and shows his full strength.

I knew Odin wasn’t the strongest Norse god and who’s Beezlbub ?
--- Double Post Merged, ---



Same I wish Hermès was a contestant, I want to see what Athena’s up to as well
I think Beelzebub is Sin of Gluttony. maybe not a God. He is more like a demon.
 

Gladiolus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2019
Messages
507
Reaction score
1,376
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Do they have to be alive? Thor dies fighting Jormingandir and Odin dies fighting Fenrir.
They mentioned in the first fight that Thor killed the World Serpent (Jormungandr) with his Geirrod technique, so I assume that in this version the events of the end of the world according to the Norse myths ended differently, with Thor winning his fight with the serpent.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
They mentioned in the first fight that Thor killed the World Serpent (Jormungandr) with his Geirrod technique, so I assume that in this version the events of the end of the world according to the Norse myths ended differently, with Thor winning his fight with the serpent.
Oh OK that makes sense
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yes guys Beezlbub is a god lol
 

BlackTiger

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2020
Messages
457
Reaction score
392
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Oh OK that makes sense
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yes guys Beezlbub is a god lol
Beelzebub is demon of gluttony but I think in this manga he is presented as God. I think Lucifer or Satan might be a good too if the author plans to introduce demons.
 

Samael Morningstar

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 15, 2018
Messages
4,556
Reaction score
4,471
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
Weird there is no Christian God/angel in the tournament, like ok if there's no Jesus Christ but at least we could have Archangel Michael
 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
8,860
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I liked @Shadowlord123 theory on Odin being the endgame fight for the tournament. But I think there will be something that follows and leads to "ragnarok". Money is on Loki or Hades, and to a lesser extent Hermes, taking advantage of the aftermath. Hades absence in this is sticking out to me like a sore thumb, besides his name on the family tree. Maybe even an alliance between Hades and Loki.
 

Shadowlord123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
1,745
Reaction score
5,149
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
The fact that Heracles was elected to participate in the tournament instead of Hades is really interesting like @BD_Beno and @MUIMadara have said. Heracles is not among the strongest Gods in the Greek Pantheon, the top three tend to be Zeus, Poseidon (both participated in the tournament) and Hades. There has to be a reason for this. I doubt this author would have made a fluke like this by mistake. My guess is that Hades is plotting something, whether on his own or with allies. Maybe he is gone with the objective of destroying the entire human race while the tournament is unfolding fulfilling his role as the God of the Underworld and Death. With all of humanity's strongest warriors gathered there, nobody would stand a chance at opposing him. It would be a good move for the Gods if they want to get rid of humanity no matter what. Though, this may be a reach of mine, haha.
 
Last edited:
Top