Shoujo Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

yeti

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 20, 2009
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Shyo's still a young boy, apt to be impetuous, jealous and full of desire to possess...
Ren looks like a man, sure that he'll never give up and I think Kyoko will fall in love with Ren finally...
Hope chapter 147 is more interesting and impulsive...
 

goal

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
67
Reaction score
4
Gender
Female
Country
Norway
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Ren is such a stud. You think the manga might actually end without us seeing him kiss Kyouko. I hope not:)

Yes, can't wait for the next chapter.

I also hope that the mangaka does speed up the development of romance in the manga. The acting seems to be the main plot and the romance plot involving the three main characters seems to be a sub-plot, if you consider the coverage it gets in the 145 chapters uptil now. I hope that changes and she atleast balances them out. Afterall it is a romance shoujo manga!
 

yeti

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 20, 2009
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Not knowing what way the next chapter will face...
Hope to see what on earth is the gift Kyoko gave Ren and that'll be a great comfort to Ren...
After reading chapter 145 and 146, I really feel for Ren...but the 147 may surprise us (just hope so)...
 

goal

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
67
Reaction score
4
Gender
Female
Country
Norway
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Chapter 147 is out on mangafox. Ren is so much fun to watch. I was wondering when Ren said kissing is something an actor must learn...Im hoping that somewhere down the line Ren will have a kissing scene with Kyoko.........

The way Ren said dont let there be a second time. I wonder who will Kyouko get her next kiss from? It should be Ren but perhaps shou does it again. Then Ren will really burst out lol.

So many possibilities...........:blink
 

kamina

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2009
Messages
61
Reaction score
7
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

I'm with you on Ren being fun to watch.
The creepy way he was leaning in on Kyouko with that warning about the second time after all those pages of calming her down had me laughing pretty hard, actually. :p

Personally, I really hope it's Ren who gets her next kiss, although seeing Ren explode in anger over Shou doing it again would be absolutely priceless to see.

Ah, decisions.... :(

Also, the mystery bag at the end of the chapter is bugging me a lot.
Stop teasing already, Nakamura~
 

yeti

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 20, 2009
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Ren is cool in 147 and his first-kiss story is so funny, I just admire his courage to tell all the people on the spot and his manager was almost frightened to death.
Waiting for 148 and hope Ren'll have more interesting stories to tell us.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Indeed, Ren knows how to play it cool. I love how he's unexperienced in "love" but have hustled while he was young. Though, I wonder how this will (IF it will) affect the continuing of the show. Even though a lot of things is happening and the plot is getting better (imo) and it's getting a bit twisted, I still want them to carry on with the work. (But first please tell us what's in the basket!!!!!). As a parenthesis, are there any other mangas that are similar to this that you'd recommend?
 

Ayumiya

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

wow...can't believed that chp148 released!!! it's earlier that expected! I can't wait for 149 now... Will Ren Kiss her???
 

yeti

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 20, 2009
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

I enjoy the wine jelly Kyoko cooked, Ren must be surprised and happy,
but it's not easy for him to show his feelings to Kyoko, so I'm not sure if Ren'll kiss Kyoko................
Now just waiting for 149 to give the answer.
 

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Chapter 148

-It was a good chapter and I did enjoy reading it.:)
-Even though I recognize that Sho is not a good boy and he has been and still is very horrible to Kyoko, I also recognize the strong bond that it is shared between Sho and Kyoko, to the point that Sho knows exactly what buttons to push on Kyoko to make her react the way he wants. He knows Kyoko so well and vice versa, Kyoko is the one who knows Sho the best.

-I loved how we were able to see both sides of Ren, the good one and the dark one, in this chapter once again.
And about the last page, I think Ren is going to stop midway, make up an excuse (like there was something in Kyoko’s eye) and not kiss Kyoko.
 

yeti

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 20, 2009
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Shyo's quite selfish, only caring about himself, including kissing Kyoko. It's pitiful for him to attract Kyoko's attention only onto himself by hatred, but hatred is hatred, never turns into love, in any case. I'm sure that he has lost his Kyoko.
Ren has to face up to the fact that it's not easy to calm Kyoko down as usual, though Kyoko don't mind her first kiss any more, and still she can't forgive Shyo.
I wonder what Ren will do to refresh Kyoko.................waiting for 149.............
 

shouryuujo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
851
Reaction score
42
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

hope sho end with kyoko. really dont like Ren at all and it really sucks he will end up with her. Sho is just acting the way he has been and I think kyoko is too dense to figure out his "behavior"
 

talli

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 5, 2008
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

hope sho end with kyoko. really dont like Ren at all and it really sucks he will end up with her. Sho is just acting the way he has been and I think kyoko is too dense to figure out his "behavior"

No Sho is acting the way he is because he is immature and selfish. Especially when it comes to Kyoko. He doesn't even see her as her own person - just "his" servant, 'his" childhood friend, "his" to play with and control etc...

He is such a playboy and he already lost any right he ever had when it comes to Kyoko's care, let alone her love. He is only thinking about himself and what he needs. If he really cared about her he would think of how she feels and at least recognize the fact that he treated her like a doormat and try to make up for it. Instead he just thinks of ways of "upping" his rivals for Kyoko's attention and what's good for him.
 

bakagemi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2009
Messages
129
Reaction score
49
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

But as you can see in chapter 149, it turns out that Ren actually took advantage of Sho's kiss and kissed her cheek, making Sho's plan of making Kyoko think about him backfire. This time, it's Ren who can't get out of her head. I wonder what'll happen to their relationship?
 

lunacat

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2009
Messages
50
Reaction score
31
Gender
Female
Country
Algeria
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Hi there, i started the anime series last summer and was shocked they weren't finished, am planning on continuing the manga soon. it was a great shoujo anime, i've never seen such romance, comedy and drama at the same time in any other shoujo series. it was exciting watching them.
one of my favourite episode was when kyoko dropped her blue cristal and Ren picked it up and was shocked that she's the same little girl he once knew, his only friend...anyway, great series i really hope they can finish with the anime cor it's awesome !!​
 

cherry26

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 31, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Hong Kong
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

I just start reading this manga last month, I like the manga, but I don't like Shyo, though he's pretty cool boy, he's too childish and selfish.
 

bakagemi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2009
Messages
129
Reaction score
49
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

I especially like Sho because he gives a lot of comic relief. The scenes with Sho are particularly funny, mostly because of his wild imagination. But, this is the only reason why I like him.
 

cherry26

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 31, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Hong Kong
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

In 151, the three girl got new jobs about happy, dangerous and countrified task, I wonder what on earth they are.......... hope the story of 152 is more amusing.
 

Satsuki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 5, 2006
Messages
10
Reaction score
4
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

I especially like Sho because he gives a lot of comic relief. The scenes with Sho are particularly funny, mostly because of his wild imagination. But, this is the only reason why I like him.
I agree. Shou is a great character, as he tries to be this ultra-cool guy but we the reader all know inside he's a giant DORK. And it makes for great comedy. I particularly liked Shou the Ashura from recent chapters.

HOWEVER, that doesn't mean he belongs with Kyouko. He forfeited any right to her whatsoever, and certainly isn't showing any signs of actually coming around or whatnot. At the most Kyouko and Shou might reconcile enough to go back to being childhood friends, but romance? Nuh-uh, no way. That would undermine everything Kyouko aims for, and it would negate this whole manga's theme of self-respect and growth. If Kyouko ends up with Shou I will BURN every copy of SB I have because it won't be worth having anymore.

It's true that Ren isn't Mr. Perfect (but do we really want a perfect guy? No.), but at his heart he wants to see Kyouko succeed. He wants to see her grow into the incredible woman he knows she can be. His own jealousy and dark side trips him up sometimes, but he's always nudging her forward. Shou . . . . just wants her as a possession. Like a spoiled kid deprived of a favorite toy.
 

bakagemi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2009
Messages
129
Reaction score
49
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Thanks, Satsuki. I was thinking along the same line! It will get me pissed if Kyoko ends up with Sho. I wouldn't mind if she ended up with Ren or Hikaru. But Sho? HELL NO!!
 
Top