Shoujo Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Yeah, the new chapter is ... so-so.
No interesting development. :/
I just hope that in the next chapter, they can work on a solution about Ren's past. I've missed his smiles (even the scary one).
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Has anyone noticed just how bad translations of this series have gotten recently? Ch. 192 was impossible to understand at times. I'm trying to find raws to translate myself but all I can get is the same Chinese scan :-_-

And so far this arc is pretty disappointing anyway: it's just build up and build up and build up and no real conflict or resolution. I can't wait for Kyoko to have a heart to heart with Ren about his past, and I wish she'd grow a pair and tell Sho where to go already. :-_-

I love this manga but argh it's so unsatisfying recently.
Hi there, welcome! :D

I have always used Mechgouki's works, but last time I checked she said she was stopping it so I'm not sure anymore who's working on latest Edited Mangas. :XD I think Skip Beat is using too much unnecessary dialogues lately. Often I feel there is too many text, and kind of boring reading it.

We need action. :mono
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

New chapter is out.

Sorry but I'm totally not hyped up at all. :oh

Ren was mad because of Shou's call. Kyouko realized something and... did that. Eh, things turned in a way too strange for me to follow. :fail
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Uh, I'm rather curious though... Will Kyoko do something?
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

I wonder. She seems to be in the sister-who-is-super-in-love-with-her-brother mode so there is a chance she would do something. :XD But I don't think anything bold, though. This series never really go that far with Kyouko. XD
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Whoa. WHOA.

I started to read the new chapter this morning with sleepy eyes but ended up awake by the time I finished reading.

I mean, WHOA.

I did expect Kyouko to do something but now I'm a bit scared of what's happening.

WHOA.
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Whoa. WHOA.

I started to read the new chapter this morning with sleepy eyes but ended up awake by the time I finished reading.

I mean, WHOA.

I did expect Kyouko to do something but now I'm a bit scared of what's happening.

WHOA.
You mean chapter 194, right? I thought you meant new chapter, like in chapter 195. Well, yes, surprising. I just hope it's not a form of runaway or something else. It feels a bit like an act though. A dangerous one too. XD
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Oh, God. It's even scarier than previous chapter. Oh, my. :fail

They can't be serious, right? It's all just an act. Still it's scary. My heart.... /goes to hide in a corner

I don't understand why Kyouko has to go to such extent to save Ren. Is it really necessary? >_><_<
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Oh, God. It's even scarier than previous chapter. Oh, my. :fail

They can't be serious, right? It's all just an act. Still it's scary. My heart.... /goes to hide in a corner

I don't understand why Kyouko has to go to such extent to save Ren. Is it really necessary? >_><_<
Right? It's scary.

I don't think it's just an act anymore... Well, they do act as if they're still in their roles, but what they are doing... it's for the sake of Ren and Kyoko, not Cain Heel and Setsuka. Maybe for them, it's necessary? I don't know what's happening anymore.
When she left a kiss mark on his forehead, I thought, "O..kay. Whatever." But when she opens his clothes... I felt like screaming. :derp I just can't believe it. Every time I turn the pages, I was like: What? WHAT? WHAT??!!!
Why is it that the development goes this far??
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

I don't think it's just an act anymore... Well, they do act as if they're still in their roles, but what they are doing... it's for the sake of Ren and Kyoko, not Cain Heel and Setsuka. Maybe for them, it's necessary? I don't know what's happening anymore.
I guess so, since Kyouko started to relate to various things, not only see Cain Heel as who he is but also the Ren behind him. Just... this is not the development I was expecting. Ren was mad because what Kyouko did with Shou, and Kyouko herself was probably somehow irritated with what Shou said? Where did this come from?

When she left a kiss mark on his forehead, I thought, "O..kay. Whatever." But when she opens his clothes... I felt like screaming. :derp I just can't believe it. Every time I turn the pages, I was like: What? WHAT? WHAT??!!!
Why is it that the development goes this far??
LOL~ I know, right. When I saw those pages I said, "No, please don't. I'm not mentally ready, thank you." :lmao
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

I guess so, since Kyouko started to relate to various things, not only see Cain Heel as who he is but also the Ren behind him. Just... this is not the development I was expecting. Ren was mad because what Kyouko did with Shou, and Kyouko herself was probably somehow irritated with what Shou said? Where did this come from?
It's as if she realizes Ren's struggle and she doesn't want him to fall so low like her? I get it that she wants to help her but... :jawdrop
I wonder what Shou will do if he knows he's the one who started all of this... Sounds ironic.

LOL~ I know, right. When I saw those pages I said, "No, please don't. I'm not mentally ready, thank you." :lmao
Now I'm both excited and scared of the next chapter. What will they do??!!

---------- Post added December 31, 2012 at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was December 01, 2012 at 10:42 PM ----------

Arrrrrggghhhh~~~

I'm half "WTF?!!" and half "ROFL~" with the newest chapter...

WTF half: Kiss mark??? Seriously??! With that position on bed??!

ROFL half: Oh God, so funny!! Both Kyoko and Ren's inner side are actually different from their outer expression!! Especially Kyoko!! She freaks out inside but remains so annoyingly calm in the outside.. How can she do that??
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

The last chapter was 'scary'. I clicked on each page getting worried and worried even more. I'm glad both hold back like that or else I can have a heart attack, LOL~ I'm impressed by both. They managed to hold back for the sake of acting. Although it's scary as well.

I wonder if they'd feel awkward towards each other the next time they meet? At least inside. They won't show it up front, I guess. :s
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

I'm not sure if they're still acting.. I mean, somehow the lines between reality and acting have blurred for these two... They're doing it for the sake of acting, yes, but actually if we go deeper, we can see that it's for their own real selves too. Kyoko starts doing that because she wants to heal Ren, not Cain Heel.
Awkward? Of course, especially for Kyoko, but yeah, they won't show it up front. We will feel awkward too after those "stuffs".
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

New chapter out.

LOL at Kyouko's thoughts. I so totally understand her, but still amazing that she can switch to Setsu so fast. Ren on the other hand didn't seem affected as much.. I'm sure he did, but well, he managed his composure pretty well. Or maybe inside his head many things going on like Kyouko has, LOL~ But still no progress. God, I'm getting bored of this Cain Heel arc. :| Give me more Shou and more love triangle and more acting somewhere else. Let's just move on with this Cain Heel. >_<
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Okay, just some comments for the new chapter.

I suppose the chest is open wide now and can't be locked again. Jealousy really does wonder. It is also revealed that Kyouko in the past who liked Shou did have some jealousy (and she actually saw him kissing another girl) and she had always suppressed it and kept smiling. Poor Kyouko. She really can't take it anymore, eh...
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Okay, just some comments for the new chapter.

I suppose the chest is open wide now and can't be locked again. Jealousy really does wonder. It is also revealed that Kyouko in the past who liked Shou did have some jealousy (and she actually saw him kissing another girl) and she had always suppressed it and kept smiling. Poor Kyouko. She really can't take it anymore, eh...
I read this today. What do I feel...

Dunno, I feel flat? I think it was somehow crystal clear that Kyouko would fall to Ren eventually, and their small encounters one by one built up the key to open the chest. And that was the final component. I suppose she had put more emotion in acting as Setsu, enjoying the moments with Ren as Cain Heel. I seriously hope this Cain Heel arc will soon end and that we'll see things moving forward actually, be it about career or about their relationship (where's Shou duhuhu)...

Anyway, I don't think Kyouko will confess unless Ren did it first. :toc
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

I think this arc would be much better if the translations isn't so darn terrible and the pacing a little faster
and also not shoving the sister-brother thing too much in our face.
However, I believe that this arc has made it's point and purpose. Getting Kyoko to realize her feelings for Ren through the acting :D
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

I think this arc would be much better if the translations isn't so darn terrible and the pacing a little faster
and also not shoving the sister-brother thing too much in our face.
However, I believe that this arc has made it's point and purpose. Getting Kyoko to realize her feelings for Ren through the acting :D
For me the translations are okay. But lately because of the acting I feel like we get double the normal talking bubbles because of what they say outside and their thoughts inside. Especially from Kyouko, if I remember correctly. A bit too tiring reading through all of that. And I agree with the sister-brother thing!

At this point I totally can't imagine how this series would end.

---------- Post added May 14, 2013 at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was April 20, 2013 at 12:28 PM ----------

And the box is closed again. Let's bet how many chapters Ren will take to re-open the box? :derp

But so far Kyouko seems to think that it's not yet love, it's more jealousy or something like that?
 
Top