Shoujo Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Ahzzy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 29, 2007
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Re: Skip Beat! - Discussion

any idea when c115 is comin out?
 

calebking

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 8, 2007
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Skip Beat! - Discussion

If you search 'one manga' in google, ch 115 and 116 are up. You can read for free.

I'm just confused that more chapters aren't out, since looking at 116 seems to show that the whole volume has been released.

But have fun! (Ren gets blunt, and Kyoko... is Kyoko)
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Skip Beat! - Discussion

116 can be found in mangatraders.com
 

alusandrea

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 26, 2007
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Skip Beat! - Discussion

I love this series. Kyouko is already in love with Ren (I think) but can't admit it to herself because she is disillusioned with love after Shou (who needs to be brought down) abandoned her and ruined her personal self-esteem. It may take years, but I think that eventually Ren will take the direct approach and they will end up together. Kyouko does have feelings for Shou, but I think that they are more childhood friend who was the only person I had while growing up feelings. She'll probably get over her revenge scheme and become friends with him again. Shou is starting to feel guilty for abandoning his friend. I can hardly wait to see how everything ends up.
 

esh

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
173
Reaction score
45
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Skip Beat! - Discussion

I'm really loving this series, and after reading up to ch.119 I would like to know how often do the chapters come out?
 

Chihara

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Skip Beat! - Discussion

I love skip beat! one of my fav ^o^ kyoko is so ... dense XD :eyeroll

and Ren so cool ^_^ *drool*

cant wait for the next chapter ^_^
 

freaky2

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 30, 2007
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Bulgaria
Re: Skip Beat! - Discussion

I think the magazine issues come out every 2 weeks, but ever since I caught up it seems to be released once a month, but maybe that is because the raws are too hard to get?
 

esh

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
173
Reaction score
45
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Skip Beat! - Discussion

Makes me wish I had a subscription to Hana to Yume.


It's so nice to see that somebody released ch.120 and 121 cause I've been waiting to see them for a while.
 
Last edited:

admirenkiwi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2006
Messages
463
Reaction score
5
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Skip Beat! - Discussion

awww, he gave her a rose! :wtf
dammit i wanna see the end! :crying
 

esh

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
173
Reaction score
45
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Skip Beat! - Discussion

Well, mangashare has chapters 120 and 121 up for download, and onemanga has them up for online viewing.
 

admirenkiwi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2006
Messages
463
Reaction score
5
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Skip Beat! - Discussion

yea :blink
he gave her a "rose" :o
on her b-day
 

esh

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
173
Reaction score
45
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Skip Beat! - Discussion

Yeah, it was nice how he gave her the rose.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Skip Beat! - Discussion

So, I started/finished reading this the other day, and I love it! I love Ren especially (duh), but not just because he's a bishie. It was great to see him sturggle with the role of Katsuki (I think that's the one...) rather than just be perfect at it from the get-go. One of my favorite mangas right now =D
 

admirenkiwi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2006
Messages
463
Reaction score
5
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Skip Beat! - Discussion

yepyep :XD
and love it how they just seem very perfect together!
he rebukes at her and instead of being all depressed over his words, she uses them to her advantage :wtf
kyoko's awesome! :thumbs
 

esh

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
173
Reaction score
45
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Skip Beat! - Discussion

I just love what Ren did in chapter 122 for Kyoko.
 

kaloo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
204
Reaction score
1
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Skip Beat!

Getting pushed around by the director. It's kinda wierd getting a strict director in the series, since basically the whole acting thing so far had been getting into the character's head and now she has to... not do that.
 

Satsuki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 5, 2006
Messages
10
Reaction score
4
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Skip Beat!

Well, it's a stark truth of the acting world (the director's word is law), which Kyouko has to learn, but I feel the director is being foolish.

If he tells her to just do Mio when her evil scene come up, then when the show starts airing people will just accuse it of being a copycat.

(ugh, it makes me think of how George Lucas took a bunch of perfectly good actors in episodes I,II, and III and made them perform such wooden drivel)

That said, I wonder if the new girl (forgot her name already), will steal the role from Kyouko, since she seems to have the "normal girl with a dark side" personality as her norm.
 
Last edited:

kirimi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
1,602
Reaction score
3,206
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Re: Skip Beat!

I think this news hasn't been posted here yet. But, it's been announced that Skip Beat will be adapated to TV anime starting this fall (Autumn 2008)! It'll probably start around October, together with the rest of the fall anime. Can't wait to see it!

No information on the cast yet, and I doubt they'll keep the drama CD cast. But, in case they do, here's the 2002 drama CD cast.

Kyouko - Nagasawa Miki
Ren - Narita Ken
Shou - Kanna Nobutoshi

The animation studio is Hal Film Maker and director is Sayama Kiyoko (Death Note, Vampire Knight, xxxHolic).
 

kaloo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
204
Reaction score
1
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Skip Beat!

Oh yay. I hope the anime's good.
 
Top