Shounen Slam Dunk by Inoue Takehiko

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Slam Dunk Manga and anime

That doesnt happen in the manga, i dont think. I just remember them going to the national tournament and playing the best team. I need to figure out when it happens though

ibra87

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany

NeoShweaty said:
That doesnt happen in the manga, i dont think. I just remember them going to the national tournament and playing the best team. I need to figure out when it happens though
I thought it was some kind of filler. It's kind of a weird match, where all the players don't seem like themselves (all but Hanamichi ofcourse). the match is from 96-101 I guess.

shinwei

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

I love Slam Dunk!

This and Hajime no Ippo are my two favorite sports manga of all time.

Go go Tensai Sakuragi Hanamichi!!

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

preach on brother. Once you have those two sports manga, do you really need anything else?

shinwei

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

Mmmm.. you need Adachi!

<3 H2, Katsu, Touch, Cross Game, Rough, omg so many...

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

true, i have been meaning to read him for so long. Once i catch up in hajime no ippo, he's next on my list

ibra87

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Tell m eguys. Do they play in the national championship in the manga?

Optimist

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco

ibra87 said:
I'm at episode 100 of slam dunk now. It seems as if the last match will be the one between Shohoku and the combined team of Shoyo and Ryonan. Any idea what chapter to read if I intend to continue with the story?
well its only a filler , i watched all episodes and read all volumes
you should start with volume 23

ThE WoRm

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Israel

the end of the series is with the end of the regionals.

Ore wa Tensai Sakuragi Kara! (laughs around)

i read the manga before i saw the anime just 'cause i could get it on stoptazmo.

i saw the anime with friends on a marathon.

The manga is one of the best that i ever read, espacially the last match :P

my friends complain on the number of flashbacks, and how they always repeat themselves, and how much 30 seconds were in one episode, it wasn't like that in the manga, right? been a while since i read it ^^"

saigo made, kibou wo akiramenai :P

Anzai sensei is just so great.

sad Inoue Takehiko finished it like it ;; why?!?! i heard he got tired or something because the sannou's match took him a year to finish, after all, he did develop a lot of characters from other teams, like lets say the one with the giant and so.

I think but that the big picture in the end was great, we can title it "The life and death of a real genius sports man" (if you know what i mean :P)

ibra87

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

braveman said:
well its only a filler , i watched all episodes and read all volumes
you should start with volume 23
thanks, I'll sure be to download it once i get the time.

ThE WoRm said:
the end of the series is with the end of the regionals.

Ore wa Tensai Sakuragi Kara! (laughs around)

i read the manga before i saw the anime just 'cause i could get it on stoptazmo.

i saw the anime with friends on a marathon.

The manga is one of the best that i ever read, espacially the last match :P

my friends complain on the number of flashbacks, and how they always repeat themselves, and how much 30 seconds were in one episode, it wasn't like that in the manga, right? been a while since i read it ^^"

saigo made, kibou wo akiramenai :P

Anzai sensei is just so great.

sad Inoue Takehiko finished it like it ;; why?!?! i heard he got tired or something because the sannou's match took him a year to finish, after all, he did develop a lot of characters from other teams, like lets say the one with the giant and so.

I think but that the big picture in the end was great, we can title it "The life and death of a real genius sports man" (if you know what i mean :P)
Really? I didn't feel like the flash backs were any annoying. And about the ending, that's sad. The author could've just had taken a rest then continued :x Bad endings are the usual suckiness of stories.

tmacthenumber1

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Well, i watched the anime too, but i heard that story goes further in the manga than in the anime, and I want to read that, so do anyone know where could I read the manga on the net?

shinwei

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

The answer, as always, is to take the time to learn how to use IRC and head over to #lurk @ irc.irchighway.net

There is no alternative that's nearly as good.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

true, i dont know how people go manga before lurk existed, lol

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Italy

NeoShweaty said:
true, i dont know how people go manga before lurk existed, lol
It was very difficult, luckyly I discovered #lurk not so long after starting to lurk manga; but before and after where two different worlds.[br]Posted on: August 11, 2006, 12:45:03 AM_________________________________________________I read Slam Dunk at least 2 times, maybe three, and after this thread probably i'll reread it another time.

Dustwhisper

Reaction score
Country
Norway

The combined team is all the "main characters" from the other teams giving Shohoku a "last go" before their match, it's also where Hanamichi shows of his three-point training and everyone is again amazed, that's in both the manga and anime. The manga continues though to the tournament where they meet the strongest team and
Hanamichi injures himself but refuses to stop playing because it's "his time", they win that game but due to hanamichi being injured and other factors they get demolished in the next match, the manga ends with Hanamichi sitting on a beach where he's doing his training and recovery, writing a letter to Haruko about how much he loves basketbal, his doctor comes etc, then it ends with a beautiful landscape drawing of the ocean with Sakuragi and a synopsis about the author afterwards IIRC.
I added in the tags~Neo

It's a GREAT manga and I'm always hoping they'd pick up and add a couple chapters about the continuation!

tmacthenumber1

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Sigh, why did you do that resume, we all know, also, you said ''Hanamichi shows of his three-point training'', I think you've been smoking some good shit cause Sakuragi's training was mid-range shots, not 3 pointers but not at all. But seriously, the match vs Sannoh was crazy, all along I knew that Sakuragi was just the man!

Dustwhisper

Reaction score
Country
Norway

Hmm then I must be remembering wrong? First he learned layups, then he learned "shots in the paint", then he learned threepointers, or I must be mistaken.

shinwei

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

He never learned 3-pointers. His final stretch of training was just 20,000 jump-shots. Field goals, whatever you want to call them. All of those shots were NOT outside the 3-point line. Hanamichi has never even attempted a single 3-pointer in the entire series if I remember correctly.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

He didnt. They just left that stuff to Mitsui. He worried about the paint area and shooting in the paint and around the paint was something he needed to work on.

tmacthenumber1

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Lol, to you guys that doesnt seem like basketball players, the first training was layups like it was said, the second was close range, or shots in the keys, and the last one was midrange shots, out of the key, and I can't believe the guy acquired such a good shot in a week, its insane.