Shounen - Slam Dunk by Inoue Takehiko | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Slam Dunk by Inoue Takehiko

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This was part of the Sports manga poll but i figured that slam dunk needed its own topic and the conversation got off topic. That is why the first post seems random

[in response to Ibra saying he/she only saw slam dunk]
you haven't read slam dunk? from what i hear, manga>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anime

Last edited by a moderator:

ibra87

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Slam Dunk Manga and anime

Not my type to read manga. Can't bear reading a whole story :S What I do is watch an anime and if the story doesn't continue for any reason, I read the manga. Even if the manga>anime :(

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

the story doesnt continue. The slam dunk anime stops before one of the best games in manga happens. I dont know when the anime stops but i know it isnt at the end of the series. I highly recommend reading the last game. You will not regret it, i guarentee it

ibra87

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

The problem is I don't know where it stops :( Download all kinds of volumes just to see is quite troublesome.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

Tell me what was the last game that is played in the anime and ill see if i can find out the equivolent place in the manga.

ibra87

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Hmm. It's sooo long time ago, so I really don't remember exactly. But I think it was the match where he final mastered his special move and I think scored a goal. Not sure though. I'm thinking of re-seeing the whole thing.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

Well, when you get around to seeing it or if someone else knows then ill post it.

laughing@you

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
Re: Slam Dunk Manga and anime

NeoShweaty said:
Well, when you get around to seeing it or if someone else knows then ill post it.
I've seing the anime a couple of times and was so frustrated when they canceled it.

I started to see the manga but theirs a lack of providers so I stopped searching. I've only found pieces and forums talking about it but no manga about Slam dunk.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

oh yeah, i split this from the sports poll topic because it was going in a different direction.

Anyway, i think that they may still be up for direct download on the tft site but they only did slam dunk and stopped Editing so that site has been up for a long time. Stoptazmo also has it but i would always recommend Irc over anything if you want manga.

luca6066

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score

Rukawa~ Rukawa the number 11! (だよね~?)
At some basket ball club in Japan: Iwai Kenjirou:  "Rukawa!" I've got "Rukawa"!!--------Every one was after "R-uniform number"....

@ Neo tama : Which hairstyle of Hanamichi's do you like better?
         :What do you think of the jokes, in comparison to Fullswing which is chuck-full of "the weird jokes" you say.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

i like his "josuke" style personally. I mean it always looked so funny but it was when his hair style changed that the style of the manga changes into a more serious manga. I liked the jokes in the serious but fullswing is alot more wierd with its jokes. I am guessing that the fullswing manga mirrors the slam dunk manga in that it gets more serious as time goes on because it becomes more about the baseball.

However, this is a slam dunk topic and not a fullswing topic :p

laughing@you

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico

NeoShweaty said:
oh yeah, i split this from the sports poll topic because it was going in a different direction.

Anyway, i think that they may still be up for direct download on the tft site but they only did slam dunk and stopped Editing so that site has been up for a long time. Stoptazmo also has it but i would always recommend Irc over anything if you want manga.
What would be the address for Stoptazmo?

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

stoptazmo.com

be warned, the speeds for that place aint so good.

luca6066

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score

NeoShweaty said:
i like his "josuke" style personally.
"リーゼント”style in Japanese? what's the English word?? I'd say it's quite rare case to see protagonist with リーゼント. But huh, SD is a one of the pioneers of that crazy style? hm, nei?

@Neo cyama and everybody
 Who's your favorite?
Mine: Megane-kun! (You'll see "him" in Negame highschool(やっぱfullswingだべさ伊達に訳してんじゃあないわよッ)
Anzai sensei ( the bulge : tender. .ぷにぷに♡)
     Gori

ibra87

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

The torrent is pretty shitty so, err, I've only watched 10 episodes. But I can tell you one thing. It's been a while since I've laughed this much. Unlike some fillers of some certain anime, this one really makes me laugh.

Obito

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I also highly recommend if you've only watched the anime, reading the last game. It was probably the best bit of the whole Slam Dunk series.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

Obito said:
I also highly recommend if you've only watched the anime, reading the last game. It was probably the best bit of the whole Slam Dunk series.
quoted for fuckin truth! :)

ibra87

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

NeoShweaty said:
quoted for fuckin truth! :)
I'm at episode 100 of slam dunk now. It seems as if the last match will be the one between Shohoku and the combined team of Shoyo and Ryonan. Any idea what chapter to read if I intend to continue with the story?

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

??? when did a combined squad ever play? I dont know off the top of my head but it isnt against a mixed squad. It is a match between shohoku and the best team in the country.

ibra87

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

NeoShweaty said:
??? when did a combined squad ever play? I dont know off the top of my head but it isnt against a mixed squad. It is a match between shohoku and the best team in the country.
well my bad, that's what i meant. Sendo, Fujima, Uozumi, Fukuda (or Ikegame) and Hanagata vs Shohoku, and it ends in the last episode. And then they were on their way to the national championship.