Discussion - Smoker Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Smoker Discussion

renrutal

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Re: Smoker's Words (Chapter 439)

Neil D' Gautama said:
if anyone play one piece grand adventure, there is a storyline of smoker where he travels around the world by (mark my word) RECRUITING crews.and i do have playerd, the crews are:tashigi, crocodile, mihawk, and zeff.is this the kinda crew he will bring to the manga?unlikely but, by saying those things in chapter 439 means that oda can threw new character of marines as much as possible
That's very interesting. I don't think we will ever see Mihawk or Zeff below him, but Crocodile isn't a far-off bet. Well, not really Crocodile himself, but he does have a lot of Baroque Works employees locked up with him, right? Bon Clay might be interested.

With his junshou (commodore) title, he may play some cards to bring Hina and her crew with him. I also wouldn't be surprised if he and Garp join forces to go after Luffy.

OP_overlord

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

idk if garp would go for it unless he was told to and then he needs no help

but smoker could get a bunch more DF user captins under his contol

xr3b0rn5inx

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score

Maybe Luffy can suck in all the air and blow it againts smoker when they fight?? Lols,but do u reali think Luffy will use water to fight againts Smoker?I dun reali think so.

caco

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic

i think smoker will fight luffy but about the crew i think captian hina and her crew will be with smoker.

I wonder who will fight luffy first BB or Smoker?

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States

smoker BB is for later he is a major bad guy

that would be a good way to stop smoker blow him away wind luffy

jeffhmwong

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Just a suggestion, do u think smokers weakness could be wind?

If so, dragon maybe his only weakness?

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States

yeah that was already stated dragon is the only man that he is affraid of cause he cant go completely smoke or he might be blown away (and that kinda tells use what dragons powers are)

Pheonixfyre

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

Smoker can't be weak against water. Crocodile already has that weakness. :amuse

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States

all DF users are weak against water it is just that croc couldnt be splashed but everone else can and noting happens his powers revolved around being dry

hollowfied

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
- not sure if theres a thread on Smoker already sorry if there is -

He also tells Tashigi that he needs to form a crew stronger than the Straw Hats and that they will also need higher positions to do so.
~ from Wikipedia

I'm pretty sure we'll see a lot more of Smoker in the future. I think he'll try and get himself promoted possibly to Admiral, and he'll probably be one of Luffy's strongest enemies by the end of the anime (along side BlackBeard, and Mihawk for Zoro).

What I personally think might happen sometime in the future - one of the admirals is defeated by the Strawhats (probably not Aokiji), and Smoker (after probably doing something noteworthy maybe taking down one of the Yonkou?) is promoted to take his place. Then he along side Aokiji will hunt Luffy down. After a titanic clash (which will probably be one of the final battles), Luffy wins, and Smoker learns the truth about the void century and all the atrocities the WG has been committing. He then decides to join up with Luffy and help him become Pirate king :D

What do you guys think?

Impel Down

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yeah, I think that the arc with Smoker's crew will be the best, with each SH matched up against a strong Marine...it'll be kick-ass.

And I think that Smoker may be Luffy's "ally" at the end, although probably more of an anti-hero, as he is now, and will help take down the corrupt WG, since he has Moral Justice.

DutchPhoenix

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
well

Monkey D Garp hunted down Gol d roger , and gol d roger barely escaped from like tons of times

i think it will be the same with luffy and smoker, :)

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Smoker did come very close to catching Luffy both times, once lost because of Dragon and the other because Smoker let him go for beating Crocodile.

hollowfied

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
There was another time too, but Ace stepped in and helped Luffy..

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well, yes, there was that. My bad.

Does anyone think that Smoker will take on any other opponents besides Luffy?

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
He DID. In chapter 439, he's seen after taking out some random pirate. But I doubt that any of Smoker's other fights will be shown. He exists to chase Luffy and add to his legend, like Garp did for Roger, as DutchPhoenix aptly put it. He's there for that, and to be the good guy of the Marines, and to be the crux of the relationship between the Marines and Luffy. So I don't think he'll do much of importance that doesn't involve capturing Luffy.

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada
...I mean besides random pirates, like actually major characters in the story line, of course not counting Ace and Dragon.

And if he's a "good" Marine, then when the WG turns totally evil, I imagine he'll be an ally against them.

firework

Reaction score
Country
United States
Smokers' powers in comparison to the admirals

how strong do you think Smoker is in comparison to the admirals?

I think it was mentioned that there were people who were just as strong as smoker but were ranked higher. i think smoker was referring to the admirals. he seems to know Aokiji (remember the messg Aokiji was supposed to pass?) so hes not some no-namer amongst the marines.
Additionally, he was one of the handful of Marines that Luffy's team could not beat (along with Kizaru and Aok).

Also, his smoke logia makes him indestructible, similar to the 2 admirals.

personnally, i believe that if Smoker believed in "Absolute" justice, he would be a vice-admiral at the very least

Rotten The Wizard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: Smokers' powers in comparison to the admirals

yea his rank does not reflect his strength but he is by no means anywhere close to being as strong as an admiral.

His logia is the weakest shown in the manga so far, it has no destructive force.
Smoker is just a guy with a huge ego

Razh

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Re: Smokers' powers in comparison to the admirals

That's probably the reason why he has a sea stone tipped jutte. He probably can't be hit by most of the attacks, but his jutte would certainly be handy when fighting another logia. Especially if you consider that he can attack with it from distance.

And since he probably still hasn't perfected the use of his powers, he may have more surprises when we see him again. I can't imagine what those could be, but maybe Oda thought of something.
One of his great advantages is that he can cover a large area with smoke and obstruct his enemies vision while being able to attack them from any corner.