Someone help me to get this started... | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Someone help me to get this started...

Frosted Mango

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Hey, I'm really new to this whole thing of "Cleaning" a manga piece... and all
I've read the tutorial but it doesn't really seem to explain much for what I'm working on...
Can somebody tell me how to get this one done?

Allashandra

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is Bleach? What kind of quality level are you trying for? Shinwei's tutoral gives you most of what you will need to know to make an HQ clean from this page. Change it grayscale, level the page, paint the blacks black, and the whites white. Remove the Japanese text. There are other things you can do to make it better too like redrawing the borders and cleaning up of the grays.

I moved this thread to the main section of the academy since this isn't a tutorial.

Frosted Mango

Reaction score
the part i am MOSTLY confused on is the "Levels"
and i guess i coudln't get past that point...[br]Posted on: February 13, 2007, 10:07:15 PM_________________________________________________but i guess this is how it should end up as to be

besides the fact that texts has been edited lol[br]Posted on: February 13, 2007, 10:08:32 PM_________________________________________________or something like that lol

Allashandra

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Have you read Angry's tutorial on leveling found here?

Ok the people who did this page did all those things that I mentioned plus they did some redrawing of white detail lines. There may also be a few other things done to this page as well. But those are the basics of making an HQ page.

Frosted Mango

Reaction score
reading it... i guess it has further stuffs into it
not too sure if i can apply to my image yet >.<[br]Posted on: February 13, 2007, 10:24:50 PM_________________________________________________ok like i followed the tutorial but i don't have a clue how you're suppose end up like the one above...

Allashandra

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
That's not to bad it might be a touch overleveled around Chads face in the bottom right hand panel. You are not going to get a page like the one above with just leveling.

After looking more carefully at the 'cleaned' page you aren't going to get the same results with only the methods used in the tutorials section of this site. You will be able to get a different looking HQ page with the methods taught here.

Frosted Mango

Reaction score
hahaha i see, i'll try go through other cleaning methods and see what i get