Seinen - Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Soru by Shinichi Fukuda | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Soru by Shinichi Fukuda

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru
My Dress Up Darling
by Shinichi Fukuda
Genre - School, Slice of Life, (much) Cosplay, (some) Romance
Serialised in Young Gangan from 19 January 2018​

Synopsis
Wakana Gojo is a high school student with a secret admiration for hina dolls and aspires to become a craftsman like his grandfather. Having been socially traumatized for his passion he had closed himself off from everyone. One day at school, his classmate Marin Kitagawa runs into him using a sewing machine for making a doll's costume. After admiring Wakana's doll and praising his work, Marin asks if Wakana could help her create cosplays. Initially, Wakana is nervous about his ability to create cosplay clothes for Marin because of his experience being limited to hina dolls. After the success of the first costume, his confidence in making the outfits grows and so does his love for creating them. Wakana starts to open up to Marin and others as the series progresses. Marin in turn starts to have feeling for him.

Source (synopsis and details - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Dress-Up_Darling)
Source (picture and details - MAL)

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Surprised there was no thread.

Currently at chapter 80. Juju is very cute. Her wanting to quit cosplay was a shock revelation. She's very introverted. Gotta wonder if quitting was brought on by her feelings for Gojo. I thought she might be more into cosplay, if anything, with Shinju just starting dress ups.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

She's very introverted. Gotta wonder if quitting was brought on by her feelings for Gojo
Very happy this was not the case, and for the reason Juju was angsty as it brought about a fitting chapter for the story (reaffirming the idea that you should follow what you love doing). Ironic as well in a sense, given Juju looks young but is pondering the shelf-life of 'a child's hobbies'. Glad she was able to meet these adult cosplayers... but I don't think she'll be spending her money like them.

And Marin-chan really is the best.