Shounen Soul Eater by OOKUBO Atsushi

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
So this is so far the longest arc in Soul Eater. I wonder how much longer it will go on.
Hmmm I'll think it'll take longer than expected but fine by me because this arc is great. I love how that immortal wolfman (whose name totally escapes) messes up again :D

Shake

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
He 's called Free because he...euh....was freed (acording to free himself, cose he didn't think of taking a leak on bars of his prison so it would erode and let him be Free. Instead waiting for a spoon to dig himself out ;)).
It's good arc indeed, I am curious how the 3 (bugman, Free and Kid) will react with each other. Bugman is Arichna's lacky and therefore the enemy, but Free and Kid aren't friends either. I hope we'll also get to see some pic of BS's battle, that one is epic in SE alread :)

3shinkyo3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't even realise there was a soul eater thread on this site! Really liking this manga its got some really good characters in it and the action is really good too.

Shrimp

Reaction score
Country
France
I'm sure someone can answer that, but... I've had a doubt for some time now : has it been confirmed whether Chrona is actually a boy or a girl ? For me she's always been a girl, but now I'm not so sure... I guess if someone has the raw where Medusa tells the infiltration team why she's going against Arachne, it should be pretty clear, but I don't have it anymore unfortunately... anyone can help ? :/

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yeah, Chrona is a girl, it was fully confirmed after the Maka/Chrona fight in the Asura Arc, when Ragnarok is pulling up Chrona's dress, and she keeps complaining that it's revealing her panties. :D

Zoe

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, Chrona is a girl, it was fully confirmed after the Maka/Chrona fight in the Asura Arc, when Ragnarok is pulling up Chrona's dress, and she keeps complaining that it's revealing her panties. :D
Guys can wear panties too...

Shake

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
In the anime Chrona is refeferred as a boy (though I also think that person should be a girl somehow). Anyway some people at instantz translated lastest chapter, get it here http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=4ZZS 4O 06 . (remove the spaces between from S to 06 ) The battle against musquito man is awesome, Kid and Free at their best :)

Zoe

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
In the anime Chrona is refeferred as a boy (though I also think that person should be a girl somehow).
That's a mistranslation. Everything in the anime is intended to be gender-neutral, and the official site specifically lists Chrona's gender as unknown.

Anyway some people at instantz translated lastest chapter, get it here http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=4ZZS 4O 06 . (remove the spaces between from S to 06 )
:\

abc1233

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
chrona is a boy in the anime. he gets embarrased when seeing maka because she is a girl. unless if chrona is a lesbian, he is a boy.

wade69

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
chrona is a boy in the anime. he gets embarrased when seeing maka because she is a girl. unless if chrona is a lesbian, he is a boy.
No... ask anyone that knows Japanese and they will tell you that the gender = unknown..

Meromorphe

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
About Chrona, Medusa seems to be the mother, but did she really give birth to Chrona?
If so, did she need a father?

More generally I wonder how it works in Soul Eater's world. Maka's mom is human (but are Masters really humans?) and Maka's dad is a weapon, yet Maka is a human and not a weapon. So, how families of weapons can exist (Tsubaki's case)?

I'm not sure there is rational explanation for this.

We still have to see Maka's mom and her weapon that should be awesome.

I'm preoccuppied with another point. Death Scythes seem in charge of zones in the world. Do they have a partner? Maybe, there are many masters in the zones and when the times come, one of them take the death scythe to do the job.

MaydayParade

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
SPOILER FOR THE LATEST CHAPTER!!! IF YOU HAVENT READ IT GO CHECK IT OUT ON ONEMANGA!

OMG Kid! NOOOOO!!!!!!! I hope this doesn't mean Death for Death the Kid. He is definantly my second fave character, behind Black Star. And the Mosquito dude looks weird in all his forms, but of course, the form that looks normal is deadly.

"Not even 1 second?" HOLY SHIT it was freakin AWESOME! @_@

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
SPOILER FOR THE LATEST CHAPTER!!! IF YOU HAVENT READ IT GO CHECK IT OUT ON ONEMANGA!

OMG Kid! NOOOOO!!!!!!! I hope this doesn't mean Death for Death the Kid. He is definantly my second fave character, behind Black Star. And the Mosquito dude looks weird in all his forms, but of course, the form that looks normal is deadly.

"Not even 1 second?" HOLY SHIT it was freakin AWESOME! @_@
...I don't think he will die, but maybe he will lose. And BlackStar will arrive to save the day. We have yet to see the new powers Blackstar got from absorbing all those souls.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Well this chapter is great. I loved the werewolf and death the kid tagging against that creep. They forced him to get in his four hundred year stage. Insane. What he did? He just... Can't say anything, my mouth is still :o

Anyway I doubt black start or others are to help, they have their own mission. Btw don't forget that werewolf is immortal. I don't think he's taken out yet as for death the kid too. They might suprise us.

Great to see eibon :D, he looks cool :p

greatfire

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Spain
He was revealed a few weeks ago, although not by that name.

MaydayParade

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well this chapter is great. I loved the werewolf and death the kid tagging against that creep. They forced him to get in his four hundred year stage. Insane. What he did? He just... Can't say anything, my mouth is still :o

Anyway I doubt black start or others are to help, they have their own mission. Btw don't forget that werewolf is immortal. I don't think he's taken out yet as for death the kid too. They might suprise us.

I'm gonna quit reading Soul Eater if Kid dies.... OK well only for like 2 months. But that guy was cool. He went from old Geezer with a blood-sucking nose to an Ass kicking machine!

"Not even 1 second?" OMG I JUST CANT GET THAT LINE OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

Shrimp

Reaction score
Country
France
C'mon, they won't kill Kidd just like that... They didn't even kill Kim, who is a pretty minor character... And Free is immortal, he already survived being pierced through the head by several spears, just that attack won't be enough to take him down. I was surprised to see that he didn't messed up his spells this time, no ice pillar on Kidd's face :p

Now I want to see what's happening in Black Star's fight !

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I think so too, soul eater isn't the manga which characters are thrown away easily. In contrast, I think there are more characters introduced then meaningless dissapearances. Nah, I think werewolf and kidd aren't over yet for two meain reasons:
1. the one undergoing the hardest attack is free but it's exactly the immortal one
2. the other undergoing the minor deadly attack is kidd and he's faster then we prolly have seen. I wouldn't be surprised if he avoided the attack whit his speed and agility, not as not being wounded but more like being wounded ands not dead as his opponent expects

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
He probably avoided the majority of the attack, thought it did look like Kid did lose his left arm. If he did lose his left arm, I wonder how he's going to react, either normally, and go spastic about the symmetry all wrong, or he'll get super serious, and show his true Shinigami powers.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yeah Death won't die. HIS NAME IS DEATH FOR GOD SAKE,HOW CAN HE DIE SO EASILY? XD.(death the kid but still)

But how hurt do you think he is? Hurt enough to use a deus ex machina, or well enough to stand up and keep fighting normally? Or hurt enough to fight together with black star? Or....Something else?