Shounen - St&rs by TAKEUCHI Ryousuke and MIYOKAWA Masaru | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen St&rs by TAKEUCHI Ryousuke and MIYOKAWA Masaru

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

St&rs
Written By: TAKEUCHI Ryousuke
Art By: MIYOKAWA Masaru
Genre: School Life, Sci-fi
Serialized In: Weekly Shounen Jump
Mangaupdates

On August 10 of 2019, humanity received a signal, which was verified for its integrity by hundreds of scientists, from an alien life form containing one message: let us meet on Mars on July 7, 2035. Thus began the creation of a space agency representing Earth as a whole named ST&RS. From there, things progressed quickly with man re-landing on the moon in 2022 and constructing many space stations orbiting Earth and the moon. The Space Academy was created to train the upcoming generation of ST&RS.

The same August 10th that Earth received the message, Shirafune Maho spoke his first words and it was “Mars.” Since then, Maho has been an astronomy freak who has nothing but the universe on his mind. He decides he is going to apply for the Space Academy along with his childhood friend, Hoshihara Meguru, and recent transfer and super smart classmate, Amachi Wataru. The trio begins their almost impossible journey of being accepted into the school where only 1% of the applicants are allowed into the academy.

Last edited:

Negative Syndicate

Re: [New] St&rs byTAKEUCHI Ryousuke and MIYOKAWA Masaru

The chapter 1 is, overall, very good; since Jump currently doesn't have other sci-fi series, so I think it is good to have SF series. I'm looking forward for next chapter; although, I'm not sure if this series will do good on Jump.

Hangedman

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

Chapter o1 raw online Here

pein1991

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Is there an english version available? I can only understand so much of the raw...

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Not yet. There'll be an online version (in English) available on the official shounen jump website in a couple of weeks. Other than that, Muda and Clockwork Lies have announced that they're going to do a joint on St&rs so be patient ;)

A sci-fi series does look promising. I hope the un-Jump-ness of it doesn't cause its downfall (cancellation).

pein1991

Reaction score
Country
Australia

Thats okay, I cant wait to read it though. Joint with Muda and Clockwork Lies? Thats so cool, looking foward to it.

Thanks for the info.

Hangedman

Reaction score
Country
Italy

chapter 02 full raw online here

Akiyama

Reaction score
Country
United States

Wallpaper from Jump is already up.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Chapter 1 us out. I am reasonably impressed. The writing was good, the characters were memorable, and the premise is interesting. ST&RS can easily start as a school life series, morph into hard sci-fi, then develop into sci-fi action without really deviating from what was established in chapter 1. At the least, chapter 1 was good enough to make me want to read chapter 2.

Negative Syndicate

ST&RS can easily start as a school life series, morph into hard sci-fi, then develop into sci-fi action without really deviating from what was established in chapter 1.
If Stars did turn into action, then I'm going to be very disappointed on this series. I think this series is fine as being mix with sci-fi and school life.

Jaiden82

Reaction score
Country
United States

Pretty good first chapter. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Galactic Tomahawk

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

I...

really, really liked that. Was just about perfect for an opening chapter.

If Jump cancels this I am going to judge them so hard >:|

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany

I...

really, really liked that. Was just about perfect for an opening chapter.

If Jump cancels this I am going to judge them so hard >:|
I completely agree. One of the most promising series I've read, it would be a shame to cancel it :/ I have high expectations for this manga, let's hope Japanese Jump Readers feel the same.

Samui

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel

If Stars did turn into action, then I'm going to be very disappointed on this series. I think this series is fine as being mix with sci-fi and school life.
I agree. I think it's good as it is, it doesn't have to turn into an action manga.

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

I don't think Kait meant it has to turn into an action series to do well but that the author has set up his story to where it could easily transition into one if the author so chooses. With the concept of space, aliens, school life, and potential romance, this series can literally turn into anything without it feeling forced.

mikirisoul

Reaction score
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
St&rs by Takeuchi Ryousuke

A interesting new manga with an intriguing idea.Overall it looks promising.Well that's my opinion.Please voice yours.
Info:- On August 10 of 2019, humanity received a signal, which was verified for its integrity by hundreds of scientists, from an alien life form containing one message: let us meet on Mars on July 7, 2035. Thus began the creation of a space agency representing Earth as a whole named ST&RS. From there, things progressed quickly with man re-landing on the moon in 2022 and constructing many space stations orbiting Earth and the moon. The Space Academy was created to train the upcoming generation of ST&RS.

The same August 10th that Earth received the message, Shirafune Maho spoke his first words and it was “Mars.” Since then, Maho has been an astronomy freak who has nothing but the universe on his mind. He decides he is going to apply for the Space Academy along with his childhood friend, Hoshihara Meguru, and recent transfer and super smart classmate, Amachi Wataru. The trio begins their almost impossible journey of being accepted into the school where only 1% of the applicants are allowed into the academy.
Manga:-http://www.mangahere.com/manga/st_rs/

Darjaille

Custom Title
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Slovakia

Wow, I read it..
Didn't expect it to be so good although I've hear very good comments on it, but I hope this stays in Jump. Feels "bakuman-ish", not mainstream, but the idea, story and art are very good. It's not good to judge before more chapters are out as a lot of series start really great, but that's just first, or first two chapters and then it starts to be boring. I would be disappointed if it's the case.
I have to agree, I don't want it to turn to pure battle manga.

I'm gonna follow it and just hope readers of Jump will rank it good...

murtas

Reaction score
Country
Portugal

Yes i agree the first chapter had great quality was captivating and i just can't wait for more... what other feeling do a manga need? :)

Negative Syndicate

Yes i agree the first chapter had great quality was captivating and i just can't wait for more... what other feeling do a manga need? :)
At this point, I think it is hard to tell what this manga need at this point. It only released two chapters so far, so the authors might add things that we think this series needed. I think we should talk about this series when this series get ranked.

murtas

Reaction score
Country
Portugal

I meant for a first chapter offcourse!