Star Wars General Discussion | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Star Wars General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
whoaaaaa! a star wars thread. MH just keeps getting better and better!
Though Yoda's fight scene is one of my favourite fight scene, but the Anakin and Amidala's romantic scene really kills the joy of watching Star Wars and because Mace Windu died in ep 3 (i still want his saber), i prefer the original trilogy (ep 4, 5 and 6).
I also love reading the comics, though i'm not that crazy about the animated series.

zypher

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
i guessing i am walking against the stream now when i say i like Star Wars I - III better then IV- VI. don't missunderstand me when i say so, i just have to like when Darth Wader is born and grows in episod I - III. but i also like when his son is fighting against him in IV - VI, but i prefer I - III (don't blame me)

rabb

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
star wars disscusion! yes! i just might get to likin this place ^^

well lets see... i like the origanal saga better... my favorite song...
>_>
<_<
:sweat
is "disco star wars" its awesome, even if you dont like disco. serriously, go on limewire, or kazaa or somthing and download it.

my favorite character is most def Wedge (4,5,6, EU, R), then in no particular order, anakin solo (EU), Corran Horn (EU, R), Gavin Darklighter(EU, R), (i think thats how you spell his last name), Wes Janson (ep. 5, Wedge's gunner ("nice shot, janson!"), EU, R interesting fact: first pilot to ever bring down a ATAT walker by tripping it), Derek "Hobbie" Klivian (ep. 5 ("two starfighters against a star destroyer?"), EU,R), Syal Antilles (EU, wedge's older daughter, not a rogue yet, but she will be. mark my words), Jaina Solo (EU, R), Jacen Solo (EU), Tycho Celchu (6 (wedge: "split up; head to the surface, and see if you cant get some of those fighters to follow you" Tycho: "Got it, Gold leader") EU, R. was in the battle of hoth, not sure if he was in the movie or not). not one of my favorites, but my most favoritly named characters are Elan Sleazbago ("wanna buy some deathsticks?") and Jed Porkins ("ive got some trouble here" "eject" "no, i can hold it" "pull up!" "i can... AGGHHHHH" (kinda a rogue. wedge refers to him as one in "X-wing: Rogue Squadron", so ill call him one.)4,R)
R = was in rogue squad at some point
Ive all but memorized the orginal triology, and ive also read the Thrawn Triology, all of the NJO books, ive begun the new "legacy" era books, ive got the first of the hand of thrawn books and am looking for the second, and am currently re-reading the nine-book "x-wing" series for the third time.

its interesting... you can tell which books were writen when just by the way the authors were writing. in the thrawn trilogy, Zahn only names wedge and Tycho as Rogues. everyone else in the squad is just "rogue seven", "rogue nine", etc. (i put names with 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, and 9 immediatly (Wedge, Tycho, Wes, Hobbie, Gavin, Corran, respectfully)) in the doulogy, or at least in spectre of the past, Corran, Wedge, Tycho, and Janson are all named as rogues. also Booster is in it, along with mirax, and valin. Zahn, in a way, tips his hat to the other writters. one of the small things ive noticed is the Starry Ice, the ship Mara is on in "specre of the past" is briefly mentioned in book 4 of X-wing (The Bacta War) as being in an ambush the rogues fend off (two dozen fighters, several freightors, and a light cruiser vs. a star destroyer, a interdictor cruiser, and 3 squads of TIEs; rogues win, losing only 2 pilots from the back up squad, the SD is destroyed, the cruiser ran for it, and only 12 out of 36 of the TIEs survived; i love it). another thing i like is how "X-wing: Isard's Revenge" and "The Last Command" overlap.

i wonder if anyone can tell me about the Errent Venture (a pink star destroyer under Booster's control). when does he get it? i know he has it by the hand of thrawn, and i think i remember somthing about him having one during Thrawn's reign, but he isnt in Zahns trilogy at all....

Well, my favorite books are Rebel Stand and Rebel Dream in the NJO era, and my favorite authors are Allson, Zahn, Denings, and Stackpole, respectfully.

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
zypher said:
i guessing i am walking against the stream now when i say i like Star Wars I - III better then IV- VI. don't missunderstand me when i say so, i just have to like when Darth Wader is born and grows in episod I - III. but i also like when his son is fighting against him in IV - VI, but i prefer I - III (don't blame me)
aaaaahhhh flaming against you!!!!! nah im just kidding :D
well i personally prefer 4-6 i think they are better movies in all aspects but i still liked ep 2 and 3.
episode 1 does not deseve the star wars logo in my opinion, but hey! thats just me :D
so what do you like about the new ones?

@rabb, HOLY CRAP! :blink dude, so youre the walking encyklopedia of star wars or what?
ive only read 2 and a half books from EU, cant remember exactly what theyre called but the first 2 about Jacen and Jaina Solo. and then i read one passage in Vector Prime, cause in that book the coolest scene ever in star wars takes place. have you read that one?

rabb

Reaction score
Country
United States
-.-i didnt like vector prime. it was the worse of the whole njo series. THEY KIL.....
killed off chewy.... ;-;
when it comes to things... like that, my favorite was Star by Star, cus the is the whole battle for coruscant. the like forth battle of coruscant i beleive. and for a fortress planet, every damn time its attacked, the defenders lose. on top of that, star by star has anakin going super saiyan. my favorite book is rebel dream (the first of that doulogy) as it has the best entrance for a super star destroyer ever... right into the middle of a friggin fleet. its funny, allston described the enemy comander really well, especailly when his command area is blown away and he floots into space.

im guessing the part you like isnt chewy and anakin so much as it is the whole moon thing. ya, that had to suck. or do you mean the missle strike? nom anor was quite good at being a royal pain, wasnt he?

oh, and to answer your question, my long term memory is close to winter's and Kirten Loor; if ive read it, i will always remember it, hearing is quite as good, but is still better than most. contralally (or however that is spelt) my short term memory stinks. like poo.smelly poo. smelly brown poo. smell brown poo with a kernal of corn in it. so yes. im a walking star wars encyclopedia

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
rabb said:
-.-i didnt like vector prime. it was the worse of the whole njo series. THEY KIL.....
killed off chewy.... ;-;

that was why i liked it. dont get me wrong I LOVE that character. and the rest of this post will be in spoilermode so i dont ruin the fun for anyone
chewies death was so well written and it was so filled with emotion and in my opinion, it was believeable. when youre standing on a planet thats about to explode and friggin buildings and mountains and whatever falls on you all the time its a big risk that you die. and he did. Standing alone screaming in defiance just being totally awesome.
He died like the hero he was. awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjK_f9gmhEc
came across that on youtube. finally he gets his medal. thats been bugging me since the first time i saw a new hope.

rabb

Reaction score
Country
United States
.... what part of that is beleive-able?
i mean, first there is the wind, then the sonice boom that should destroy the eardrums and immobilize him, then he gets hit by a falling building, which should of crushed any being caught under it that is bigger than a micro-organism, then his fur and skin are burned off, and finally he is incinerated. all the while, i might add, he is screaming (for han to save him, not because hes taking on the moon) when the atmospher wouldve been blown off the surface of the planet like a trailor park in an F5. him against a roomfull of vong would be more fitting, and, just to make it interesting, a twi'leki dancing girl.

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
rabb said:
.... what part of that is beleive-able?
i mean, first there is the wind, then the sonice boom that should destroy the eardrums and immobilize him, then he gets hit by a falling building, which should of crushed any being caught under it that is bigger than a micro-organism, then his fur and skin are burned off, and finally he is incinerated. all the while, i might add, he is screaming (for han to save him, not because hes taking on the moon) when the atmospher wouldve been blown off the surface of the planet like a trailor park in an F5. him against a roomfull of vong would be more fitting, and, just to make it interesting, a twi'leki dancing girl.

ok, i suck at explaining stuff but ill try again:
what i mean with believable, is that when Chewie died. It gave the star wars universe more depth. The heroes can still die.
you see, im not a big fan of the whole "you cant kill the hero" thing that (mostly) hollywood throws at us all the time. i like to be surprised and unless the character is in fact immortal then they should be able to die.
and when a planet is kerploding all around you then the odds are not in your favour. its a big friggin chance that youre gonna die. and chewie did. so to me it gave the star wars saga more depth.

and are you sure about him screaming to Han to come back for him? I interpreted it as defiance but i can be wrong, it happens to me all the time :D

rabb

Reaction score
Country
United States
in the next few books whenever anakin or han look back, thats how they described it, so thats what i went with. you should read some of the smaller ones. i can name about 20 rogues off the top of my head that get vaped (one that crashes into a death star), and talon 12's death rocked! i really do suggest you read star by star. you'd like it. also the one with tahiri getting tortured by the vong you would prolly like, but i cant think of its name of the top of my head. oh and i remembered where booster got the venture, so no need for anyone to look for the answer to that anymore.

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
you know somewhere i can get hold of "Star by Star"?

cause if its really good then im ready to give it a chance

rabb

Reaction score
Country
United States
*shrugs* book stores, maybe on limewire, if your lucky, but it is a 500+ page book; you dont want to read it off of a monitor. its in the njo series, and its by troy dening (translation sex is writen in, but no details. his books come the closest. well, except for "wedge's gamble" that sence between corran and erisi is a little closer). at this point, a little more than half of the new republic has been conquered by the scar heads, and fearsome beasts designed by the vong from animals on Myrkr are hunting down and destroying the jedi. oh, and... well, this is a spoiler to the stuff before this book
tahiri and Anakin shared their first kiss in a locker in a decompressd Yagh'dul station locker room. dening said later he wanted to put a scene in his book between anakin and tahiri but the star wars people wouldnt let him.

Status
Not open for further replies.