Discussion - Straw Hat's Crew Strength (Ranking) | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Straw Hat's Crew Strength (Ranking)

Impel Down

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: Rank the Strawhats!

I agree ostly with Impel, except that I say that Nami is the weakest, and Chopper is actually after Robin, with Ussop being closely after him. So it's Luffy, Sanji/Zoro, Franky, Robin, Chopper, Ussop, Nami. Seriously, Ussop is much stronger then Nami. And Chopper has a Devil Fruit, so he's stronger then Ussop. Think about Arm and Horn Points. Think about it. He's definitely the weakest of the mid-level Straw Hats (Franky, Robin, and Chopper, in that order.), but he's a mid-level Straw Hat, not the top of the lower-level Straw Hats, Ussop is. That's the slight difference, Chopper is strong enough to be considered the weakest mid-leveler, Ussop is the strongest lower-leveler, and by a rather large margin, but not strong enough to be considered mid-level. And by the way, Impel, I know you hope for it, but Brook didn't join yet. But if he did, I'd put him below Robin, but ahead of Chopper. Robin would snap Brook like a twig. Seriously, he's dry bones. But he's fast enough to probably make a good match against Chopper.
Alright, I'll have to deal with this. See, I consider Nami fairly strong, because of her weapon. It's underestimated a lot, and people don't seem to realize how strong it really is.

With Chopper, I agree, those two points are really strong, but he doesn't have much versatility when using them, so a really strong fighter could easily read them, not to mention the time limit he has.

hollowfied

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

Usopp is an awesome sniper, hes a very strong long ranged fighter, but pretty useless short ranged one. Nami is more versatile, probably not as long ranged, but much more powerful short ranged, so its hard to judge.

I'd say Chopper is above both of them though. His Monster point owns?

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Jyabura is CRAFTIER then Kaku, not smarter, I think. And so what if Kaku had mastered Rankyaku. Jyabura mastered Tekkai. And Jyabura DID have more experience using his Devil Fruit, and do you honestly think that a giraffe is more threatening then a wolf? And by the way, Monster Point is uncontrollable, so it will never be used as a weapon. Choppers strength shouldn't be rated based off of Monster Point.

And Impel: People also underestimate Ussop because he's, well... Ussop. But I still think that he's stronger then Nami, especially with his new weapon. Seriously, don't underestimate a guy who uses random bits of junk as powerful weapons. Ussop is the most versatile fighter of all the Straw Hats, he has tons of junk to use as weapons, and that new weapon and his Stars are VERY strong. Nami is very strong too, because she IS a Straw Hat, and the Climatact is an awesome weapon, but I still say that Ussop's weapon, combined with his inventiveness and the random junk he uses in fights, make Ussop stronger. And Chopper may not have much versatility, but... Horn Point is awesome. And while a strong fighter could predict his moves, that doesn't change that if that fighter got hit with one, he's in alot of trouble. And as for the time limit, that is a problem, but he usually manages fine. Those two Points are strong enough to end a fight very fast, if he can get in a good hit or two. And Chopper is smart enough to land hits on opponents that are hard to hit. Gedatsu had pretty good defense, and so did the Mr. 4 pair, not to mention Kumadori and his crazy hair.

Last edited:

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada

I don't think he can move with Tekkai because he mastered it. I mean, Lucci mastered it too, since he could do the Roukogan. I think Jyabura just could move in Tekkai.

And while Jyabura did have more experience with his DF, I agree, Kaku seemed to be able to find more uses for his.

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

I actually figured that the moving in Tekkai thing wasn't because he mastered, it, because Lucci had and he couldn't move in Tekkai, but just that he was used to using it. There's a difference between being able to do the highest techniques of a certain Rokushiki form, like Lucci could, and being so used to it that you can even move in it, like Jyabura could. And Kaku found more uses because a giraffe with a sword is just more useful then a steel-hard wolf, but Jyabura had claws. And teeth. And good senses. That helps in a fight. Besides, wolves eat bovines, like giraffes.

hollowfied

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

Well I still think Sanji is roughly equal to Zoro in power.

-.-

Usopp probably stronger then Nami, Chopper stronger then both of them. Robin isn't actually a very strong fighter (probably waker then Chopper), I mean her DF is very very useful, but she doesn't use it for combat very much. I think its weakness is that it only replicates her own arms, and her arm strength isn't that strong is it? And any damage done to the replicated arms are transfered to her real arms as well. Franky is very strong, probably just below Luffy/Zoro/Sanji.

Thats everyone right? =P

Soo..IMO - Robin and Zoro are overrated, Usopp, Sanji and Nami are underrated.

I honestly can't see how anyone might think that Robin is stronger then Sanji =\

Last edited:

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Robin's strength is in the quantity, not the quality. Her arms may not be strong, but try fighting with 200 of them growing out of your body and attacking you, and you'll see why shes so strong. Sanji could beat her probably, soley because he could shatter her arms with a few kicks. He can take strong opponents, she can take out TONS of weak opponents, and even a fairly strong opponent, since so many arms are hard to fight. But who the heck said that Robin was stronger then Sanji? Whoever did, you're wrong. Sanji is in the Monster Trio. Robin isn't. I'd say that she's 5th strongest, but Sanji is either 2nd or third, it's debatable.

hollowfied

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

1. luffy
2. zoro
3. robin
4. sanji
5. Franky/ Brook/ Chopper (theyre all about the same)
6. nami/ usopp
This guy =\

DutchPhoenix

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

quote from wikipedia

Luffy is the captain and is considered the strongest member of the Straw Hat Pirates with a power matched only by Zoro.

Many times he has survived severe injuries and massive blood loss. His skills, developed by the hellish training he was subjected to as a child by his grandfather, are backed up by his unstoppable determination, making him nearly impossible to keep down during a fight. However, it also seems possible that he naturally has superhuman strength, as Luffy himself is never seen training on the ship like Zoro. Luffy is capable of crushing steel with his bare fingers and breaking through thick bedrock with relative ease. His most astonishing feat of strength by far was causing two huge buildings he was stuck in between to collapse by simply pushing them away with his bare hands

so luffy is on no.1 for sure, followed by zoro, and then sanji

Zoro is extremely physically strong and although he is widely considered the second strongest fighter on the Straw Hat crew, his physical power and combat skill rival those of Luffy (in base form, without the aid of their newest skills Gears and Asura)

Recently, he has developed the ability called Asura, presumably using great speed to give off an illusion of three faces on his head and six arms all equipped with swords for a total of nine swords to use. Due to this, he is capable to use the Kyutōryū (nine sword style), with an attack power probably similar to Luffy's Gear skills

so yes, i dont think zoro is that much weaker then luffy =P

Last edited:

Freakzin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

i dun really trust wikipedia, the only way it's useful information it's if it was taken from some Oda source. Other than that wiki doesn't have much credibility.

i think
1-Luffy
2-Zoro
3-Sanji
4-Supah Franky
5-Normal Chopper (CRAZY CHOPPER #2)
6-Robin
7-Nami
8-Ussop ( he lacks melee skills which will always be a disavantage)

Last edited:

purplerose_04

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

i dun really trust wikipedia, the only way it's useful information it's if it was taken from some Oda source. Other than that wiki doesn't have much credibility.

i think
1-Luffy
2-Zoro
3-Sanji
4-Supah Franky
5-Normal Chopper (CRAZY CHOPPER #2)
6-Robin
7-Nami
8-Ussop ( he lacks melee skills which will always be a disavantage)
wow ya rank Chopper higher than Robin.. what a surprise...

Freakzin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

even though she can create many hands, there is gonna be a time, where she will need strength in them, i mean, what use is 300 hands if they're all weak.on the other hand, Chopper Cross attack is much better i think, Robin never had any real fights, so, i dun think she could beat badass oponents

Lohnt

Reaction score
Country
Greece

Do NOT use Wikipedia for any referance please, use the referance books instead.

[eni]Removed a part. Our No-Bashing-Rule includes other websites as well. [/eni]

Last edited by a moderator:

Luckas

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Italy

[mod=Luckas]Please guys remember not to exaggerate when expressing strong opinions, MH is strongly against bashing in all his forms.
Said that, you are obviously free to express yourself and your ideas, only remember not to get carried away when you are passionate about a subject.[/mod]

arcrouma

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

1. Luffy
2. Zoro
3. Sanji
4. Robin
5. Franky
6. Usopp
7. Nami
8. Chopper

I often think that robin will knock zorro down if they fight
However, against enemies in common, zorro will do better than robin. For example, against cp9, robin's clutch will not surpass the tekkai.

I don't think I can rank chopper based on the 3rd rumble. Rumble is a doping which boost the power of dF's eater. Can you imagine chopper fighting without rumble...what will he become? Or just the opposite, can you imagine luffy using rumble balls ? o.O

Dark-Kaomi

Reaction score
Country
United States

1. Luffy
2. Zoro/Sanji (if opponent is man)
3. Franky/Robin
4. Brooke
5. Chopper
6. Nami/Usopp/Sanji (if opponent is woman)

Now I know people are tired of the whole Sanji is seen weak because of his not hit women thing but it's a weakness! If an enemy figures this out they can exploit it like they did during the CP9 arc. So it should be factored in. But I compromised. I really do see him as pretty equal to Zoro and I love watching them work together. On the subject of Nami and Usopp. Nami isn't much of a fighter, her specialities are more appropriate for the high seas and she would be nothing without Usopp. As for Usopp he is a strong long range fighter but most of his battles will be close range and because he's a bit of a coward (but s getting beyond that little by little which makes me very happy) he wouldn't do well in close combat. Robin and Franky haven't been shown much fighting but I can still say both are very strong. I hope to see more from them. As the series goes on and if Brooke stays around I dunno if he'll go up or down. Just have to wait and see I guess.

MrStrawHat

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
South Korea

Power-wise(REMEMBER, this is what I think),
1)Luffy
2)Zoro
3)Sanji
4)Franky
5)Robbin
6)Chopper
7)Ussop
8)Nami (she shoulda gone to 1st; as she rules over the crew other then Robin and Luffy)
Brooke, if he decides to join at all, will go to 2nd - 4th
MY LIST OF FAVORITES
1)Luffy
2)Zoro(I'm a man, but I gotta admit, He is one SMEXY beast)
3)Nami
4)Brooke
5)Sanji
6)Ussop(Used to be in top 3 b4 the Soge king madness)
7)Franky(PUT SOME CLOTHES ON UNLESS YOU ARE GONNA B SMEXY LIKE ZORO!)
8)Chopper
9)Robin
10(Honroable Mention))Princess Vivi and her pet, Karu!

Last edited:

sharingan_kakashi

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

strength in combat:
Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Chopper
Franky
Robin
Ussop
Nami

If we rank them by intelligence then it would be upside-down.

hollowfied

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

Franky is much stronger then Chopper.

And Sanji is quite a bit stronger then Franky, on par with Zoro IMO.

DutchPhoenix

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

zoro > sanja IMO