Discussion - Straw Hat's Crew Strength (Ranking) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Straw Hat's Crew Strength (Ranking)

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Rank the Strawhats!

The 401 thread trailed a bit off topic, so, I'm splitting that discussion over to it's own thread. ;)

cept I cant figure out how to split several posts at once, so let's just start the discussion over again here. ^^;

aburame

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Re: Rank the Strawhats!

RANKINGS!

1. Luffy
2. Zoro
3. Sanji
4. Robin
5. Chopper
6. Nami
7. Usopp

That's my ranking BEFORE all of the Sogeking madness. Now, I'm not sure if Usopp is stronger than Nami and Chopper. <3

As for Sanji and Robin, those two could be switched... but somehow I doubt Oda would rob Sanji and Zoro of their #2/#3 rivalries. ^.^

And now - Franky? I'm a member of the "Franky is SO TOTALLY the next Mugiwara" school, but I don't know where he'll fall in there. Somewhere between after Sanji? After Robin? Who knows. We shall see with these upcoming fights, I suppose. <3 <3 <3

cele

Reaction score
Country
Germany

imo as long as we all agree that luffy is the strongest
i´am fine with w/e the other are put in :)

venicia777

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

that is the easy way out- i wish i will go that way. nevertheless my ranking still stands- unless i see something different this is it

1. Luffy
2. Robin.
3. Sanji/Zoro
5. Chopper
6. Nami
7. Usopp

usopp and nami are my issues as well as Zoro & Sanji- nami is smart but usopp is very cunning and knows his tools so well- his fight with Luffy is clear demonstration of this. i think zoro and sanji are well matched somehow but it seems zoro has a slight edge even though i dont think it is much- after i saw sanji use his hands with kitchen knives fighting on the ship to Enis Lobby not many chapters ago if he he has a weapon in his hands he can match up quite well with zoro. well i am just rambling.

Rank away guys!!!

moridin

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score

1. Luffy
2. Robin
3. Zoro = / = Sanji
5. Usopp
6. Nami
7. Chopper

at least thats how i see it this arc, Nami's got a new climatact so she's going to be pretty awesome and usopp has clearly climbed up the power ranks whereas I don;t think Chopper has grown all that much.

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan

uhm, that's a hard question...well I'd say:
1. luffy (what a surprise XDDD)
2. zoro
3 (just after him) sanji
4. robin (since water 7 seven saga I don't see her that strong than before...but you thought she IS strong because of her high bounty...now where we now the truth she's "just" number 4^^)
5. Chopper (I guess...)
6. Usopp (I'm not sure about Sogeking's strength...so, let's see)
7. Nami (She does not have to fight...the boys will protect her *gg*)

Cotek

Reaction score
Country
United States

1. Luffy - Zoro (Even, going by their strength rating in one of the OP books which was even, along with the fact that when they fought back in Alabasta, both their words and how they fared against each other was obviously on the same level, even in the latest arc you see comments such as "Why isn't Zoro Captain?" from those who have seen both. So I think they're pretty much even if anything I might give Zoro the advantage as being rubber won't neccessarily help him a lot if he happens to be cut.

2. Robin - Well her ability is certainly useful, though I don't think she has the strength to overpower both Luffy (who is rubber anyways...) and Zoro, I don't think Sanji would pose nearly as much of a problem, same with the rest.

3. Sanji

4. Usopp

5. Chopper

6. Nami

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Quoting myself from the 401 Predictions thread:

1.Luffy
2. Robin (I'm not sure how Zoro could break free of her hands)
3.Zoro
4.Sanji
5. Chopper
6. Nami
7. Usopp

shugo

Reaction score
Country
Canada

1.Luffy
2.Zoro
3.Robin
4.Sanji

Usopp, Nami and Chopper are such big question marks. Nami for one had taken out a devil fruit user, chopper took out a cheese priest, and usopp at his finest form had taken on luffy 1 v 1.

If this was a post for the usefulness of the crew, im sure the rankings would look a little like this..
1.Nami tied with Robin <--- you cant have the boys turning to sodomy, so props the the girls...
2.Sanji <---you cant travel without a healthy diet and full stomach
3.Chopper <---you cant stave off illness and disease without professional help
4.Usopp <--- you cant move a ship without repairs, or a whipping boy
5. Luffy <---If all goes bad, you can rely on the captain to keep everyone safe
6. Zoro <--- He sleeps, eats, fights with the rest of the crew....hmmmmmmmmmm

Hermie

vs. The World.
Reaction score
Country
Norway

I'm saving my ranking to the end of the CP9 fights, as there are some incertainy right now.

tonitoniluffy

Reaction score

Hermie said:
I'm saving my ranking to the end of the CP9 fights, as there are some incertainy right now.
Me too but one thing that i know wouldn't change is Luffy and then Zoro hehe always been like this

G-ology

Reaction score
Country
Germany

If you let the strawhats fight each other, Luffy won't have any chance against Zoro. :blink

So.. my rankings w/o attending the fights against CP9

1. Luffy/Zoro
2. Franky ^^v
3. Sanji/Robin (idk y^^)
4. Chopper
5. Usopp
6. Nami

shinwei

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

Bah... Straw Hats are all about the GUTS! Whoever has the most guts and determination at the time... WINS!

...except for the Usopp vs. Luffy fight.

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

Well, i've finally finished up to 401, so...
1. Luffy ( obviously )
2. Zoro
3. Robin
4. Sanji
5. Sogeking ( those new dial upgrades made him awesome during the short luffy vs usopp battle... i wonder who he is...? ;) )
6. Nami ( have you seen her lightning attack a few chapters ago :wtf )
7. Chopper

Indeed, this cp9 battle could change all, it seems the 'weak' members are getting a hell of an upgrade in powers... ( ie usopp and nami )

Miso

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Gold Knight said:
Quoting myself from the 401 Predictions thread:

1.Luffy
3.Zoro
4.Sanji
5. Chopper
6. Nami
7. Usopp
Same here.

OT: Hero Member! :o

Hehe, that took you a long time :p - K

Spammers, the lot of you. /~H

xallisto

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

After recent chapters, it seems that Chopper needs to be bumped up in these polls since his mega badass super kill anything form that crushed kumadori in seconds.

i think it puts him near the top if not the very top for sheer power but the abvious flaw is that he will kill just about anybody that moves friend or foe.

jabbament

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

1. Luffy
2. Robin
3. Zoro
4. Sanji
5. Nami
6. Chopper
7. Usopp

As for Nami in #5, remember her new Perfect Clima Tact is pretty damned strong now that its been fortified with dials...and as for Robin in #2, she IS an assassin, and CAN make arms come out of people's backs and snap their necks...put her against Zoro, and Zoro will loose, since she can immobalize him easily, and Sanji would never kick a woman...besides, he'd be too love struck to even try.

Lohnt

Reaction score
Country
Greece

I'm really hoping by the end of CP9 Oda will have rocked this list and tottally surprised everyone.

(imagines)
1 - Luffy gear 3/4 tied with Chopper Rumble 3 (berserk)
2 - Zoro
3 - Sogeking/Sanji/Robin
4 - Nami

Now I'm not saying Zoro will stay in that position (nor Sanji since he's in Zoros shadow as far as power) however until he has another samurai epiphany on how to cut the elements or something, I think Rumble 3 Chopper will be temporarily stronger than all of them. Sogekings new weaponry has a lot of promise, I will be severely dissapointed if he isn't able to hold his own from now on, he already took the worst possible beating with Frankys crew, I hope he never has to deal with that again.

Now here's why Namis on the bottom. Nami has the "theoretically" strongest weapon out of all of them. Technically a lightning bolt should one hit KO any enemy, however to balance that overpowered attack, Oda is making it inefective against enemies. Namis Lightning bolt is her ultimate attack, without it she ends up on the bottom of the list. Not that she doesnt find a way to make it work, but my point is without it she lacks as much umph as the other characters have due to their versatile fighting styles.

Strawhat_4491

Reaction score
Country
United States

I think that as long as Luffy is first, Zoro is second and Robin is third then im good with anything after that.

ltphil

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

1. Luffy (gear2/3 maybe 4)
2. Zoro (......nothing here....he's zorro damnit)
3. Robin ( she can if she must......don't underestimate her)
4. Sanji (he's behind Zorro.....but he can't hit a woman.......so even if do so.....robin will own him)
5. Chopper (that one is tough.....his "Monster" is unbelievable.....but it costs to much(at the moment)
6. Usopp/Sogeking (tough little usopp....i've to see his weapon in a fight first)
7. Nami (her weapon is strong...no doubt of that.....but.....she has other qualities......and beside them...she can look after herself....)