Discussion - Strongest character in One Piece? | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Strongest character in One Piece?

OP_overlord

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

can mihawk ut elements cause zoro will lear that too and how to fight with out calling out moves and just fighting

WB , Shanks, mihawk, dragon , luffy (in a while), errue, BB, aokiji, gold roger, songoku (eventho we have not "meet" him yet
those are some in not all of teh strongest so far

xr3b0rn5inx

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score

Im gonna go with Aokiji with the Hie Hie DF which gives him the ice power,i dun think any1 can reali fight him other den Eneru,Ace or maybe Blackbeard??

conan

Reaction score
Country
Jordan

well it used to be gold roger thats for sure, but now its the only man who fought roger and survived or the fight was even said to be a draw, it has to be white beard, eventhough he is old and seems sickly as of late, but shanks is second I think, I dont think highly of eneru, he may have some power of devil fruit, but you could get around it like luffy did, just wear plastic or ruuber shoes or something and a rubber glove to punch him, and thats all you need, I think aokiji is at that level but not enough to defeat someone like white beard, there is smoker that you didnt mention, but I would put him on a level of one of white beards commanders like ace.

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States

there are alot of strong people and we have not seen enought of them all to make a true decision so there is like a bunch that can switch up ranking and it all depends on who you are fighting
so:
Aokiji, Eneru, WB, BB, Shanks, smoker, sengoku, luffy(will be one day at teh top of the list), gold roger(kinda out of the running),Ace, Dragon, don flamingo, and alot of others that we havent seen yet that just chill in teh new world

neild

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

strongest in terms of devil fruit ability: luffy (not now, but will be).why?coz he cant and will not die,and will defeat everyone blocking his path to achieve his goal as a pirate king
strongest in terms of physical strength (non df user): zorro (again not now, but will be).why?every strong team needs a superstar,in this case luffy, and a sidekick.in this one piece world its zorro.its like michael jordan and scottie pippen, or ronaldo and ronaldinho, or name every famous pair u know in terms of achieving team's goal.

Impel Down

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Luffy. Discussion over. Seriously, what kind of a thread is this? The main character is obviously going to be the strongest in his/her series!

alias85

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

1. Dragon
2. Aokiji
3. Blackbeard/Whitebeard/Shanks
4. Sengoku
5. Mihawk
6. Eneru
7. Ace

neild

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

i think aokiji is unbeatable too.scary.if there is a guy who can beat luffy, my money is on him

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

i think aokiji is unbeatable too.scary.if there is a guy who can beat luffy, my money is on him
Assuming he's alive, Ace could totally destroy Aokiji, just by the nature of their respective Devil Fruit powers. But I agree with Impel Down, Luffy is the strongest. He's the one who always defeats the guys that everyone says can't be beaten. And if Luffy isn't strong enough to beat someone that he needs to beat in order to fulfill his dream and protect his friends, he'll make himself strong enough to defeat them, as evidenced by Luffy's developing Gears so that he could defeat Rob Lucci. Luffy will not let anything stand in his way, and if something does, he'll rise to the occasion and overcome it, every time, no matter what.

SympathyX

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Aokiji and Garp are the only two people that have had anything over Luffy.

Other than that, Luffy has beaten everyone.

alias85

Reaction score
Country
United States

Assuming he's alive, Ace could totally destroy Aokiji, just by the nature of their respective Devil Fruit powers. But I agree with Impel Down, Luffy is the strongest. He's the one who always defeats the guys that everyone says can't be beaten. And if Luffy isn't strong enough to beat someone that he needs to beat in order to fulfill his dream and protect his friends, he'll make himself strong enough to defeat them, as evidenced by Luffy's developing Gears so that he could defeat Rob Lucci. Luffy will not let anything stand in his way, and if something does, he'll rise to the occasion and overcome it, every time, no matter what.

what do you think would've happend if blackbeard had actually crossed paths with luffy?

luffy's strong, no denying that, but he has a long ways to go before he can be considered the strongest.

alias85

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is Whitebeard the Strongest in the World?

*****SPOILERS*****

I really dont think he is the strongest man in the world, even if that is the title he was given. I'm thinking because he fought on par with Gold Roger, and after Gold Roger died, that was when he recieved that title. I mean...look at him now, he has all these IV's running in him and a platoon of nurses by his side. I know some people will think appearances will be decieving, but fact is fact...he is one old sickly dude, obviously out of his prime.

If he's really that strong, why would he send Ace to take care of Blackbeard and not himself. His personality comes off as really arrogant, for example when Shanks offered him healing water, the best that he has to offer, Whitebeard takes it and says it's decent (or along those lines). Also when Shanks warns him about BB, WB doesn't even take him seriously thinking that he knows best. I think its safe to say that this arrogant personality has a lot to do with him holding on to the title of the strongest in the world for so long. If Shanks engaged WB in combat on WB's OWN ship...what does that say about WB's power?

discuss ^_^

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

what do you think would've happend if blackbeard had actually crossed paths with luffy?

luffy's strong, no denying that, but he has a long ways to go before he can be considered the strongest.
He HAS escaped from Blackbeard and his crew. Admittedly, that was before Blackbeard ate the Yami Yami no Mi, but rest assured, if Luffy and Blackbeard were to fight now, Luffy would find a way to win. He always does.

abu_89

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: Whitebeard Strongest in the World?

it means shanks is powerful.. :D ... WB has the title because he strong... nobody's been stupid enough to challenge him before (or powerful enough)

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

first of all this discussion is about whos strongest EXCEPT Luffys crew...
read the first post.

and im gonna have to assume that the person who knows best who is the strongest in the world of One Piece is Eiichiro Oda himself.
but then again he told us too so we know that just as well.

and i read that some of you interpreted Strongest in the world as a title more than a fact. but i really dont think thats the case, if you look at this picture:

you can see that titles/nicknames have " " around them.
Strongest man in the world does not.

so i have to side with the creator of the manga on this issue :smile-big

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Alright, The Boff, valid points. But Luffy will have to fight Whitebeard one day (thats what I think will happen at the end of the series) and Luffy will win. He isn't stronger then Whitebeard now, but when he needs to be, he will be. Whitebeard is holding his title on borrowed time.

djgernade

Reaction score
Country
United States

*****SPOILERS*****

I really dont think he is the strongest man in the world, even if that is the title he was given. I'm thinking because he fought on par with Gold Roger, and after Gold Roger died, that was when he recieved that title. I mean...look at him now, he has all these IV's running in him and a platoon of nurses by his side. I know some people will think appearances will be decieving, but fact is fact...he is one old sickly dude, obviously out of his prime.

If he's really that strong, why would he send Ace to take care of Blackbeard and not himself. His personality comes off as really arrogant, for example when Shanks offered him healing water, the best that he has to offer, Whitebeard takes it and says it's decent (or along those lines). Also when Shanks warns him about BB, WB doesn't even take him seriously thinking that he knows best. I think its safe to say that this arrogant personality has a lot to do with him holding on to the title of the strongest in the world for so long. If Shanks engaged WB in combat on WB's OWN ship...what does that say about WB's power?

discuss ^_^
i gotta agree. i dont think hes the strongest in the world. but think about it gold roger was the strongest and white beard was able to fight with him and live(cuz it sayed that he fought with him and and tied or something but he hasnt been able to get to the last island. basically saying that he not as strong.) he's the best candidate for 2nd place. but that was back 50 years ago. now hes this old guy on his death chair that refuses to die. if anything he strong but not like he used to be. the old and experienced, will always fall to the young.

and im wondering what shanks full extent is? he walked on th boat and some men passed out by the sight of him. that has to be some sort of power. like reaitsu from bleach those with high power level affect those with weak ones. so i wonder what it is???

neild

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

err...guys,oda said that whitebeard (blank) the strongest man in the world. The title is not unintentional,it was there because whitebeard deserved it.Whether the (blank) in that sentence should be filled with is or was,at least he used to be one. Now? who knows,maybe dragon is,or the world government is.

neild

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Assuming he's alive, Ace could totally destroy Aokiji, just by the nature of their respective Devil Fruit powers. But I agree with Impel Down, Luffy is the strongest. He's the one who always defeats the guys that everyone says can't be beaten.
engg....luffy lost to ao kiji once.robin scared to aokiji.aokiji literally defeat all members of straw hat crew....zoro,sanji,luffy.aokiji make the entire ocean freeze.i repeat the entire ocean.how crazy is that.what if luffy won't win from aokiji?aokiji in my opinion is one of the good guys,maybe he will not cross path will luffy at the end if he knows that luffy is not a bad guy who wants to greedy things like crocodile.so its possible that oda makes him an ally to luffy.nuff said
ace?do u see x-men?in that movie the x-men had the ice man as a member (we can say this is ao kiji). there is also a group of bad guy, one of them is a man who can control fire...who won in that movie?yeah,ice freeze the fire.assuming ace lost to blackbeard already,no contenders as for now.

Shep

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

the IV's have nothing to do with his strength imo, cos he seemed ok when he got up to fight shanks... ever thought that the IV's are there merely to throw off the enemy? people could be all like, omg he's weak because he needs IV's to stay alive, then BAM, your dead ;) either that, or it's just an old mans excuse to have sexy nurses around 24/7 ;). Also lets not forget it's one piece, it's on the grand line where anything can happen.... so who's to say what's in those IV's? who's to say alcohol isn't being pumped directly into his blood stream so he can get drunk faster, or it's got something to do with his power that we haven't fully seen yet?

Also, ace wasn't sent after BB by WB as i recall, it's Ace who went after BB himself because he feels that he's the one who needs to be a kind of enforcer to WB's crew.

Also shanks engaging WB in combat on WB's own ship means nothing about WB's power, or shank's. That meeting has been brewing for a while, and just because your invited to a location doesn't mean you've gained any sort of upper hand, it means your invited there. Shanks was given free passage to meet WB, but if he wasn't, don't you think there would have been a massive crew vs crew battle? Who's to know who would win that encounter, but WB's men by far out number Shank's, since he has a few ships and crew's under his command, compared to shank's 1.

For the healing water, thats basically another term for alcohol... a kind of healing water for the mind, and it's only the best shanks has to offer, so why does that have to be the best ever? WB may have had much better on a daily basis, who knows... maybe it's a bit rude to say it's only decent, but then again, they are rival pirates, and when do rivals (let alone pirates) have to be nice to each other?

and one more thing, you seem to be assuming that "strongest in the world" means that he's the best skilled in the world. The title of strongest is actually "the strongest human"... there could be others stronger, who are giants maybe, or mermen, etc. The only thing we know for sure is that his sword/blade fightling skills are level to that of Shanks, because they clash and we are lead to assume it's a draw.... in a fist fight, WB would likely win, especially since shanks has the one fist ;). But anyway, if you want to assume "strongest in the world" means that he's the best at everything, then your sadly mistaken, because otherwise, whats the point of Hawkeye being Zoro's target?? According to your statement/theroy, you think that the strongest means he's the best at everything, but we know Hawkeye is the strongest swordsman in the world... so why can't WB be the strongest Human in the world?

It's likely however that shanks is the best all rounder, without any actual title... this is because he's fought Hawkeye before, so he's obviously close to his skill, and he has the strength to take on WB, so he's close to one of the strongest in strength.

and in summary, although just about anything can happen in one piece, one rule just about always true of all characters... a title says everything about a character, especially ones that don't feature much, because a title is the best way to summarise a character when you need to do in in a very small space/area. eg, what are Fire Fist Ace's skills? What are Red Leg Zeff's skills? How would you recognise "BlackBeard" Marshall D Teach? what did Pirate Hunter Zoro do before becoming a pirate himself? What does StrawHat Luffy wear? ... titles in one piece are there to describe a character... if it were real life, maybe the title of Strongest Human might have been given to the wrong person, but it's not real life, the writer has given them that name for a very specific reason.