Misc Attempt - Struggling with these raws here | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Misc Attempt Struggling with these raws here

puremadniss

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
nvr mind, ><

Last edited:

dosetsu

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Your problem is, you denoise. Not sure were speed Edited Manga = denoise, or that you have to denoise to do anything decent came from (Considering 99.6% of the groups that denoise, don't know how to. Their final product is usually worse than the original scan... Decent, riiight). /rant

Anyway, the main issue you're having is that you're trying to denoise a raw which has too small of an image size. Then there's the quality... It looks like it's been saved at 10% jpeg. My guess is, they were uploaded for general reading, rather than for Edited Mangas.

Just do some decent levels and typesetting, no denosing. Then, when the volume is released, re-release it with tankobon scans.

unok-kun

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Denoising is fine if you know how to. I know that I overdenoise a bit too, but I'm trying to lower it. I'll tell you how I do it anyway.

First, try to denoise before you level, and be careful that the black lines in the grays don't get blurry, that's the most important of it all. Now level, but try not to overdo it. After that, just pick the burn tool, range shadows, 30% exposure, and burn the blacks, but try to stay just on the blacks, because if you burn lines, you'll get them aliased, and if you burn grays, you'll get them darker, and you don't want that. Next, just resize, remove the text and typeset.

Anyway, I always recommend doing HQ releases with volume raws if available.

Last edited: