Done Stuck on a word NEED HELP!

b-werx

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 5, 2009
Messages
11
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
I'm currently working on Magikano chapter 12
And I have hit a snag, in page 80 of Magikano vol.3, a lady approached Haruo telling him rumors about the young pastry chef that Chiaki is meeting secretly.
One of the things she mentioned is "三股" (read as MIMATA) I already looked it up at Google, but all I keep getting is "three pronged fork" which is "sanmata" not "mimata"
Can anybody help me with this? The conversation of the whole page is pasted below for reference:

Lady 王子って女の子すぐにポイ捨てするからねえ~~~~
Lady つねに三股くらいかけてるみたいだし
Lady ハアー 顔はいいんだけどねえ
Lady それにあのウワサ。。「女体ヂコレーションケーキ」? 強要するってさ!
Lady しばったうえになめまわすらしいよー
Lady あんなカワイイ子が花を散らすなんてね~~~
Maika ?お兄ちゃん?
Haruo ボ... ボクが
Haruo 一番 恐れていたことが!!

I am already familiar with "女体" or "nyotaimori" the famous female body dish, but I'm wondering is "mimata" (三股) also a food fetish of some sort?

PLEASE HELP!
 

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
二股(ふたまた) dating with 2 at the same time
三股(みつまた) dating with 3 simultaneously
General usage: 二股をかける。三股をかける。
..............
ポイ捨てする date for a very short period and break up
 
Last edited:

b-werx

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 5, 2009
Messages
11
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
Thanks for the enlightenment, it's the definition that is best suited! :D
 

Syphilias

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2009
Messages
93
Reaction score
13
Age
38
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
suteru is to discard. context is important with translation, since without context, it doesn't really mean anything. You know it's related to a relationship if the conversation has been about dating.
 
Top