Life Studying or Working?

Dr.Robotnick

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2009
Messages
50
Reaction score
1
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I am studying in my school i only have 11 old and i am spanish but my english it's very good for my age,here it's the reason that i can post in this wonderful page.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Well, you can be studying while you're working, right? :p I also agree with p1xel, if you work something you like, it's really nice.
 

stelok

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 6, 2007
Messages
46
Reaction score
3
Age
45
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
There is no profit but knowledge from studying. There is profit but no knowledge from working.
 

durendal

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 14, 2010
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
China
Funny thing, when I was studying, all I could think of was finish school so I could start working. Now that I'm working, I wish that I was still studying.
 

maaghms

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2009
Messages
430
Reaction score
326
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Are working and studying clearly separable? In my opinion, studying is part of working and vice-versa. When a person is a student, his work is to study and learn many skills. After completion of the undergraduate years and when a person starts working, the person has to study something daily at work. Well, it may very well depend on the job. I think it is all about percentages:

When we are in university: Studying = 90%, Application = 10%.
After university and at work: Studying = 20%, Application = 80%.

Lifelong learning has become a must for many jobs, especially in Engineering and IT-related fields where knowledge has to be updated each day. The notion that a person will be free from studying when he/she starts working is a misconception held by many teenagers and high school students.
 

2franz6

Intl Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
50
Reaction score
18
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
I think that both are the same thing. :tem
 

Uzumaki_10

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 4, 2010
Messages
26
Reaction score
1
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I Studying at now and lot of years (LOL), i never worked before, and at the moment i prefere the Studying for a worked in my mind. X)
 

Muhbaer

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2008
Messages
308
Reaction score
74
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
The title says it all. Which do you think is the one that you prefer to do? Studying and working have their own pros and cons and I like to know what you think about it. Please don't just think about paycheck if you choose working because that's not everything there is to working. :D Bax and I talked this out but we couldn't find a solution so the next best thing to do, post it here and let you guys decide. :D Go ahead!! :thumbs
If you have the privilege to choose, then do what you think you can do your whole life without getting either bored or depressed or whatever.

There's also the possibility of working 20 hours per week plus studying.
If there is something you really are interested in(that you kinda love) then go to university and just do it :)

'Cause in the end we all should choose something we really can do our whole life, otherwise life could suck big time ^^
 

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Well, I'm finishing college this year... I'm already working... Is good to earn your own money and not depend on others...
but I carry my personal projects as well... In my free time I kind of "work" also... I like my work, but dealing with some clients and their crazies deadlines is stressing... My projects I finish when and how I like...
 

Isogi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 14, 2010
Messages
44
Reaction score
23
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Prefer work that provides a bit of a mental challenge. I don't like menial work, and the only downside to studying is that I don't feel like I'm really accomplishing anything. I want an interactive job, I'd die in a cubicle.
 

himitsu87

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2008
Messages
84
Reaction score
14
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Kuwait
Though work could be tiring but in my opinion, I think it's more convenient that studying. I mean in studying you worry about exams, quizzes, assignments ... etc and it's TOO tiring :P
 

desireable

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 10, 2010
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
India
Studying... but don't like to
 

TofuPenguin

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Australia
Studying. I don't really mind it, consider it as a time passer-by :)
Although working...It really depends where you work.
 

Ichimai

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Both for me. I need money to buy material studies thing as books and other stuff for my course.
 

steelwingcrash1

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2010
Messages
554
Reaction score
111
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I am a teacher and I already know what it means to both study (I have been a student once, too) and teach. Studying is a lot fun because you don't get to pressure yourself except for deadlines of projects and reviews for examinations. Unlike my work, I'm the one making the examinations which is a lot harder than taking the exams.
 

mattiaildivino

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
9,896
Reaction score
1,607
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I prefer studying,cause I don't stress myself studying,and I don't want to work cause I don't like practical activities,while I like theoretical ones.
 

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
For now I'd say that studing is great, cause I'm still a student and I take my time being a student, though eventually I'd have to go to work, but actually both of them have advantages and disadvantages.:) You can come or not to the university or college or scholl, but you can't come to youw work or you will be kicked out.:) But you are paid for your working and you aren't paid for your studies, so everything has its bright and dark side.:))
 

steelwingcrash1

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2010
Messages
554
Reaction score
111
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Thumbs up. So savor your schooling days because you'll realize it will have ended before you know it.

Working is hard because I have to be very independent. I have to produce my own money for my own needs. My parents are no longer present to support me because they have finally done their role in letting me finish my studies.
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Studying... is actually interesting. Lately I'm in mood to study foreign languages. I so want to continue my German and Japanese. Personally I think that even when we work, we also need to study along with it. So it's like a long-life learning, lol~ Although I tend to be lazy at most of the times. So studying, yeah. :P
 

steelwingcrash1

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2010
Messages
554
Reaction score
111
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
When you're studying, you only sit in a room, do your assignments, study for exams, and then do whatever you want as long as your duties are done.

In my work, I even had to attend Saturday classes (most of the time, without pay - but it's all right.) I had to sacrifice my Sundays for extra work taken home, etc.

So, studying has got to be the better one.
 
Top