Life - Studying or Working? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Life Studying or Working?

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
The title says it all. Which do you think is the one that you prefer to do? Studying and working have their own pros and cons and I like to know what you think about it. Please don't just think about paycheck if you choose working because that's not everything there is to working. :D Bax and I talked this out but we couldn't find a solution so the next best thing to do, post it here and let you guys decide. :D Go ahead!! :thumbs

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I despise studying. I have a hard time trying to get myself to sit down and actually read thgouhg/practice the material I'm learning. I tend to feel overloaded and I get confused and upset. Now, if I were only taking one or two classes, I think I'd be okay with studying, but I'm taking 7 at the moment and it gets to be difficult since with that many classes I'm eithr at school taking those classes or at home studying for those classes.

I've never worked before, so I everything I say on that will be assumption. Sometimes I think I'd rather be working, since I'd actually be doing something with the knowledge I get from school. Yeah, money's nice, but when I'm studing I feel idle, like I'm not getting anything done. I think if I was working I'd prefer it since it'd be more like I was accomplishing something.

>.> I think.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
For me, i like working better than studying. How can i not love my job? I can come in late, do what most MH members love to do (reading comics, manga and watching anime). :D

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't like either. So I pick the third choice "Doing nothing". I did that for half a year last year and believe me when I say that it's true happiness :D

aky0

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Both for me.

1 week at school, and 3 weeks at work.

juUnior

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Xophien said:
I don't like either. So I pick the third choice "Doing nothing". I did that for half a year last year and believe me when I say that it's true happiness :D
I agree xD

But in reality I don;t like to study, rather have to if I'm going to have a better job (and if you refer to more diploma=better job). And so I'm studiyng right now. If I graduate and end this porbably I will go for another curse or maybe mean time, time will tell. And in my way thinking with nothing TO MUST i would say that if you have nice job, you would stick with it right after school, thats my opinion. But only if you have such a job .. :x

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Heh.. Like what I discussed with Leen.. I prefer working to studying ^^

Well.. with working we can learn something that learning can't offer us. Experience is the best teacher, remember? Well.. compared to studying, by working, we can gain some income and plus, we'll learn on how to be more responsible for our life.

I'm not saying that studying is not important, but there is time for eveything ^^

rabb

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
working for me. i am incapible of studying. the second i sit down and try, my add goes threw the roof. it takes me an hour to get threw about ten pages. and usaully i dont have to study. my memory is good enough (especailly with hearing things) that the first time i read or hear somthing i learn it. i never did homework either. i always went threw school depending soley on my high test grades.

at work, on the other hand, im a hard worker. i cant stand idley doing nothing. i dont like most of my coworkers, and im sure most of them hate me, but what can you do? im trying to get my manager to shift me over to an earlier shift (im a closer/pre-closer now). i would like to work the lunch and dinner rushes. but she wont let me. my two head managers are sexists x.x they hate men.

Pevee

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've never worked before (excluding my summer tutor job), so I'll go with studying, not that I like it or anything, but just because there's not that much stress involve. You're saying I'm crazy, but here me out first. Working means that you're winning your own bread, doing something for money, for your living; you have to worry about how you would pay the rent, buy grocery and all that. That sounds pretty stressful for me as a teen. Well, on the other hand, studying means simply reading and learning new stuff, period. Absorbing information, that's pretty easy and non-stressful enough for me. I can just sit there and flip over the pages learning about dead people and what they did that most people probably don't care and be pretty careless about how I'm getting my stomach filled because I have my parents to take care of that. Learning requires a lot on in-put, but little out-put, unlike working.

someone2040

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hrmm... I agree with doing nothing, but it gets me loads of crap from my parents.
Currently, I'm studying.
Why? I have no clue. I'm interested in my course at Uni, but a lot of the stuff is oh so boring. If it's something I am interested in, I am willing to go out of my way, put extra effort into it. However, if it's boring, my mind slips, and I don't end up remembering a lot. Really annoying how everything is generally based around an exam, which requires you to memorise basically every single thing.

On the other hand, working. Working is boring as well, since without actually studying, I would not be doing something I'm interested in. I would be doing some mundane boring job, with totally no interest.

So for me, studying. It's the better of worlds for me at the moment, and hopefully it'll pay off when I finish (provided I can get my butt into gear and study properly).

C4animax

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
I prefer working, there's less restriction to it, the work you do with your hands/head is more valuable than just learning, some times you get challenge that you don't get by studying (depends the work obviously) and when you succeed you feel even better \O/ and of course you get paid that 's a good reward and if your good you get promoted and stuff, a unique experience...of course if your job is sh!t then obviously your experience of work will be sh!t :D

Saddly it's hard for me to study because every time i try to do so i start being sleepy, i just can't help myself i get confused on where i should start, then it gets irritating and most of the time i get distracted by something that is complytly different...so i lose X hours on this diferent thing and realise that my time is wasted...Frustrationi anyone?...

Studying would be nice if they had a proper educational system, sitting X hours to teach us things that will probably be lost after we pass the exam seems useless to me...It's like 8 years of basic study to lose them in One or Two years ...Like any summoning from final fantasy 8 would do... XD

dpsoul

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Well, I like working better. But I don't really know how it feels like since I'm just 15, 4th yr high school. Hmp, I still have 9 years[after HS graduation: 5 yrs. BS Business Administration and Accountancy,and another 4yrs for Law] to go in order for me to reach the job I want :] err, it may sound a bit boring but i really want to defend clients and have my mind work to solve a variety of situations and support things through logic :3

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
I prefer working to studying. Studying will always be exhausting, boring, tedious, not interesting, soul-draining and a complete waste of life-time. Work is only sometimes the above, so I guess it's slightly better.

DARK

Reaction score
Country
United States
I prefer studying over working. I would rather be exhausted mentally than being exhausted mentally AND physically.

p1xel

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
I prefer working than studying :) beacuse you can do what you want and its happiness(if you have a dream job) :D

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I like both , being in the uni helps me to do both

soDeq05

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Japan
I love both!! :confetti

Yusaku Jon 3

Reaction score
Country
United States
I prefer working myself. You're earning the money you need to keep yourself alive that way. I'm currently doing a little bit of both myself, as I'm starting on a new career path that's going in quite the different direction from what I've been doing these past several years.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't mind both atm since I'm at Uni! :amuse

Black Lagoon

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Now that I'm studying I'd vote for work, but I know that some day ... it'll change :facepalm