Miscellaneous - Taking Screen Caps | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Miscellaneous Taking Screen Caps

Akasun

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Alright. I'm not sure If this is in the right thread, but it's worth a try.

We all know when you watch something on your computer, and you want to Screen Cap it, you press the Print Screen button and post it into a program, example is Paint. The pictures comes out good but then when you save it the picture(s) just becomes a black screen. :s

So.... my question is, how can you take screen caps when your picture turns black, do you need a certain program? Or you have to do something else?

Discuss away! :smile-big :darn

zerocharisma

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
What are you capturing? Based on the info you gave, I'm guessing you're trying to capture a frame of a video. This is easily done using VirtualDub ( http://www.virtualdub.org/ ) which is a free utility. And the quality is much better.

If you're trying to capture something else, can you give more details?

z.

Akasun

Reaction score
Country
Canada
zerocharisma said:
What are you capturing? Based on the info you gave, I'm guessing you're trying to capture a frame of a video. This is easily done using VirtualDub ( http://www.virtualdub.org/ ) which is a free utility. And the quality is much better.

z.
Thanks. I'm trying to screencapture an eoisode. So that goes with frame of a video, right?[br]Postet at: December 14, 2005, 03:09:08 PM_________________________________________________Sorry about the doubleposting. But how exactly do you use it? @_@

metalanime

Reaction score
Country
United States
try checking the help file if its there.

Akasun

Reaction score
Country
Canada
metalanime said:
try checking the help file if its there.
Nope, there is no help file! :([br]Postet at: December 14, 2005, 03:45:17 PM_________________________________________________Welll.... is there an easier program to use? :nod

metalanime

Reaction score
Country
United States
i use zoom player. i dont take captions much, but this program lets you by pressing alt and f, but not on all file types.

Akasun

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Does it let you play .wmv types? Since I just noticed that VirtualDub does like all files excpet .wmv.... :(

iijyanaika

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
South Korea
where can i get zoom player, a friend gave me the link awhile ago, but i got a new computer cause my old one rather died, so i don't want to dl some random junk that says zoom player >.>

Akasun

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Does Zoom Player let you cap .wmv files? :o

holmes221

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
mm google for Media Player Classic. It has function "SAVE IMAGE AS" to do what you need.

Support wmv and most video file format ( if codec is included )Mission.Impossible.

chauron

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Akasun said:
zerocharisma said:

z.
Thanks. I'm trying to screencapture an eoisode. So that goes with frame of a video, right?
Just go to certain spot, press the "printscreen" button @ keyboard, paste to photoshop/irfanview/paint and done. Peace of cake...

---

BSPlayer .. shift+P and done. The image will go to the "c:\program files\bsplayer" -folder by default.

http://www.bsplayer.org/

metalanime

Reaction score
Country
United States
here is zoom player
http://www.inmatrix.com/files/zoomplayer_download.shtml

on the left, there is a part that says decoders, all very small files with quick installation.

to make zoom player full screen, its the 4th button from left to right on the window

you can fast forward 5 sec using the < and > keys and 20 seconds while holding shift.

space bar brings up and puts away the time position while in full screen mode, which is handy. you can also wave the mouse over that area for it to pop up.

anything else, just press f1 for key commands.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I usually use CyberLink Power DVD player to make screen caps. Plays most video format. You can set the picture size (max is 2000x2000 pixels). Output file is *.BMP. You can also set the output folder.