Tell me a story! discussion thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Tell me a story! discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
here's the place to discuss the stories from THIS THREAD

talk away!

Last edited:

Brede

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
great idea Boffen..but erm...is that all to your story? or is the post missing an ending? anyway, karasu's stories were really funny! just goes to show we can never be too careful about what we say to ppl. I shudder to think about 'dissing' someone only to find out the person i'm telling it to is their family member!?! :o[br]Posted on: 12 June 2006, 17:54:15_________________________________________________@ karasu: is your mum, cousin's wife and your gf all of the same chinese dialect? if they are, chances are that there is a link. ancestors came from the same village. :smile-big

karasu

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
um.. dunno..apparently they don't speak chinese anymore.. but i guess they come from the same chinese race/clan... khek, i think..[br]Posted on: June 12, 2006, 04:22:22 AM_________________________________________________
svart_lotus said:
A couple of years ago, in the middle of the summer, me and my friend linus were having a mini LAN party.
your friend's last name wouldn't happen to be Torvald, would he? :D
lol..that story is great.. i can imagine the old lady's face... shocked out of her wits
any hot stories with the hot sister?

Tanuki-dono said:
Then, for some odd reason, the <b>tree frog</b> decided to leap...into my <i>mouth</i>! For the life of me, I'll never understand why it did that. To this day, I have slight problems dissecting amphibians for biology...and I blanch when offered frog legs.
i would've had phobia trauma if that happens too..
i hate frogs too...
it's an indonesian myth i think that some frogs can pee/spit at your eyes and blind you..
maybe that's the source of my fear of frogs..being told myths like that all the time..

svart_lotus

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
karasu said:
your friend's last name wouldn't happen to be Torvald, would he? :D
lol..that story is great.. i can imagine the old lady's face... shocked out of her wits
any hot stories with the hot sister?
Hehe, thera are some stories with her, but sadly enough i dont have that much to do with them :D

Tamerlane

=D
Reaction score
Country
United States
@ Boffen - At least you were able to laugh about the whole thing when it was over. I have almost hit a deer before and it is a scary thing. o_o

@ Tanuki - Ewwwww....dear god...in your mouth? You poor thing.....I would have a serious phobia after that as well. x_x

Hermie

vs. The World.
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Re: Tell me a story!

@ Eri: If it were me, I think I'd like to cut them open and eat them even more after that... :oh

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
@ svart_lotus, talk about a case of absent-mindness huh XD

And Tanuki, that's weird 'cause Jabbs and I were talking about tree frogs being used for poisoned arrows just last night, and then I read that story O_O At least you weren't poisoned XD[br]Posted on: June 13, 2006, 08:54:48 AM_________________________________________________* * *

@ Tammy, very well written story! XD It started off similar to the one you posted somewhere in the 25/50 Things About Myself Discussion thread so I thought it was the same story at first, but it wasn't. Well, I can imagine that could happen to pretty much anybody though, but you've just inspired me to bring some pillows when I travel the US myself. I'll just sleep in my comfy jeep when I can't find a decent hotel XD

Brede

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
@svart: :Haha that poor old woman!

@tanuki: eeeuw! good thing u didn't swallow! :smile-big

@tam: ...you've just convinced me never to go on a long road trip alone... :Haha

@boffen: for some reason, i only 'saw' your whole story today, only saw the first few paras the other day (oooh, another svart in the making here). ignore my earlier post...the deer just got up and left? must have been tougher than the bambi i pictured :smile-big

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Brede said:
@boffen: for some reason, i only 'saw' your whole story today, only saw the first few paras the other day (oooh, another svart in the making here). ignore my earlier post...the deer just got up and left? must have been tougher than the bambi i pictured :smile-big
yup, it just stood up. wobbled a little and the ran off. to be honest i dont think it made it very far but still.. a tough dude!

Brede

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
BoffenJL said:
yup, it just stood up. wobbled a little and the ran off. to be honest i dont think it made it very far but still.. a tough dude!
gives a whole new meaning to meat 'tenderizer'... :grin long time no see boffen :knk

Isuki

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
@Tams- Oh my gosh, sounds so scary. @_@ I wouldn't have had the guts to even go into the place, good for you. And equally good for you for getting out of there FAST!

Tamerlane

=D
Reaction score
Country
United States
XD

It was not really that bad...or at least it does not seem that way now.

@aDaMz - Wow like omg 20 cents?

......this must have really impacted your life to talk about it so openly here. =P

Brede

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
@aDaMz: :loool u bring new meaning to the phrase 'short and sweet'

Adam_xx

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Like OMG!! 20cents!!
It was such a life changing experice... O_O
I couldn't have asked for anything better... well... maybe I could've... xP

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
@ aDaMz: wow.... dude, do you still have it?

Brede

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
midnight789 said:
i speared a 30 pound black grouper and a couple of hogfish
any photos? and that's the first i've heard of a hogfish.

Akasun said:
And the chair... broke.
poor chair :smile-big i hope no one was hurt

Bibichan

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Omg, LadyHatake, that's one serious streak of bad luck! Hopefully, something like that will never again happen to you. :hug

Tamerlane

=D
Reaction score
Country
United States
I am so sorry LadyHatake...talk about bad luck. o_o

Just take it easy and rest. *offers her a get well soon cookie*

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Bibichan said:
Omg, LadyHatake, that's one serious streak of bad luck! Hopefully, something like that will never again happen to you. :hug
Actually, this kind of thing happens fairly often. XD
I'm really active , I do alot of sports and stuff, and when you couple that with bad luck, well...the result isn't very good. But thanks for the hug ^.^

Tamerlane said:
I am so sorry LadyHatake...talk about bad luck. o_o

Just take it easy and rest. *offers her a get well soon cookie*
Thanks for the cookie. I love cookies. When I called my parents and told them what happened, they just sighed. They weren't surprised a bit.

This is the first time in about 3 years that I've broken a bone though, so....I think my luck might be improving. At least a little bit, anyways.

Brede

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
LadyHatake said:
I had broken my ankle. So, I had just left my doctor, and I got to see him all over again.
poor thing :blink did the kids/their parents apologise? is it the same leg you had the knee injury? hope you'll be up and about very soon! :turtle

ILUVATAR said:
yesterday i got my finger injured ( :thumbs this finger).
hope your finger recovers soon :) maybe you could use a rubber glove while at work. it'll help to keep your finger/bandage dry. what happened to the LOTR sig? that was really hilarious :smile-big

Bibichan said:
We had been driving in the wrong direction the whole time and had ended up in Belgium!
good thing your friend saw the road sign :smile-big you guys must have been really tired by the time you got back.

Status
Not open for further replies.