Ten comments by Dimska for Naruto chapter 334 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Ten comments by Dimska for Naruto chapter 334

dimska

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Hey everybody ! As Gold Knight isn’t doing a review this week and that I only have exams to work on, I thought I might try writing a review for a change ! So here it is :

Dimska’s ten comments of Naruto chapter 334

334 : The dark transformation

1. Die, naïve humans!

Shikamaru is supposed to have great insight and all but once again, he has failed to analyse completely the enemy’s capacities: in last chapter he had forgotten all about Kakuzu’s projectible limbs and this time again it seems as if he failed to imagine a scenario where Kakuzu is a weird sewn up zombie with weird tentacles.

He could have wondered if he could only be killed with a stake or with a silver bullet in the head, if he had multiple hearts (or four ghosts/demons plugged in his back but I don’t think anyone had seen that one coming).

A weird zombie with tentacles and projectible limbs just isn’t supposed to go down that easily! What do they teach at the ninja academy nowadays?!?

But I for one have faith in Shikamaru and as we’ll see further in this review, he may have a plan (even though he’s taking a deserved break this chapter).

2. The perfect offense

Kishimoto explained very conveniently the element weaknesses and strengths last week and here we have Kakuzu, equipped with 4 thingies plus himself which make us suppose he can (or could) use the 5 elements.

Now that’s something new: everybody was looking for the perfect defense, using sand, chakra, weird immortality and such, Kakuzu managed the other side of the deal: “whatever you use to defend yourself, I’ll have the element that’ll pawn you!” I like this kind of approach to life, fitting for an S-Rank criminal ninja member of the meanest organization in town (or in the village…)

Now we understand why all his previous partners died: no matter how strong they were, they were always matched against the wrong elements. Because when you think about it, all previous partners were potential akatsuki members and he managed to defeat them all, it’s not like they wouldn’t fight back during his rage, they were mean ninjafuc**rs”

“Earth is weak against lightning, you got matched with the wrong guy” Kakashi, Kakashi, you really shouldn’t use these kinds of phrases, they always seem to turn back on you…

3. Hidan, the fearsome akatsuki overpowered immortal psychopath!

You have to love Hidan. He just has one idea and he sticks to it: “I’m really gonna do it! I’m gonna pull out their guts! ”. You have to commend Kakashi and team 10 to not completely freak out when they hear him say that. He’s the guy that killed Asuma, one of the most powerful jounins of Konoha after getting his head chopped up as if it was nothing.

I hope that Hidan will soon show us a extremely powerful raw jutsu which will definitely convince us that he belongs to akatsuki because let’s face it: even though he’s immortal and can curse people extremely easily, he’s still not at Orochimaru, Itachi or Sasori’s level.

4. Die, foul demon!

So Kakashi did manage to do some damage! It is reassuring because it means that Kakashi really is on par with Kakuzu and that you can defeat these immortal, all powerful ninjas! (You just need to have a dozen sharingan-eyed copy ninjas ambushed throughout the bushes)

That said they really are ugly thingies! Any clues on what they are, anyone? I hope we learn more about Kakuzu in the coming chapters because he really is one weird ninja even when compared to the rest of shark-like, half plant akatsuki members.

5. Akatsuki teamwork at last!

Something had always been bothering me: Akatsuki worked in pairs but we had never seen two of them fighting together: it was always like “Okay let’s split up so the good guys may have a chance” or “Then it’s decided: you fight the ten first minutes then it’ll be my turn while you’ll be pouting/drinking beer on the side!”

We witnessed in this chapter a glimpse of what a akatsuki pair can do when working together and I definitely hope we’ll see more next week (as long as it doesn’t involve too much wounds/hospital stay for poor Kakashi). They took out the niibi fairly easily working together, now is the time to show us how it’s done! (go Hidan and Kakuzu, Yeah!)

6. This is akatsuki!

When team Gai met Kisame’s clone, Neji was amazed by his chakra capacity (which could only be compared to Naruto’s chakra) and « This is akatsuki » was Kisame’s answer. Kisame’s weak clone then proceeded in kicking team Gai’s ass quite powerfully.

That was something that was missing in this akatsuki pair in my opinion: okay they were strong and all but we hadn’t seen a monster riding on a summoned wave with a huge sword that tears and eats chakra, a flying guy who while taking on Gaara can blow up a whole village or a puppet freak who can send an army of a hundred of poisonous puppets against you.

Now with Kakuzu we have a true akatsuki member: taking a raikiri through the heart does sting quite a bit but you are up to summon four demons/ghost from your back and kick Kakashi in the bushes using four different elements!(if you consider that kakuzu and each of the 3 remaining ghosts can only use one element)

All that remains to know is if Hidan also has some monstruously powerful jutsus up his sleeves: his sacrifice jutsu is great and all but he should have a trick to kill hundreds of weak/anonymous ninjas as once. I think it’s one of the conditions to join akatsuki: you must be able to kill a hundred random ninjas in less than a minute with one huge ninjutsu/sword/bomb/army of puppets/snake/ blink)

7. The man with the plan!

What is that scroll in Shikamaru’s hand? Such a teaser by Kishimoto (and one that had to be pointed to me) : it’s no fun to use a scroll if it hasn’t been shown in the previous chapter! Combined to the strange vial given to Kakashi, we can predict a very long and interesting fight with team 10 playing an active and really useful role (at last!).

8. Team 10, duck and cover!

This could have been a fitting name for the chapter: just as the drills in the US in case of a nuclear attack where you had to duck under your table in case of a nuclear attack, it seems as if Ino’s warning to Shikamaru and Chouji was issued with a good intention but is completely useless against the raw power of akatsuki’s attack. Run? Sure, but where to and how fast?

Seriously, team 10 hasn’t shown anything in this chapter and I wonder if Kishimoto is having problems dealing with the new generation in part 2: they are supposed to have improved but now the only available opponents are akatsuki members and orochimaru!

The 2.5 years break just wasn’t enough for them to reasonably reach that level and now they only get pawned in most fights, except for Naruto and Sakura to a certain extent.

9. Two handed raikiri?!?

Kakashi once again shows that even though he can be beaten by akatsuki members, he’s in the same league. The problem is, Kakashi is just a man (just a ninja?) and he doesn’t have a monstruous amount of chakra which are only available to the real heroes (Naruto and Sasuke) or any decent bad guy.

It does seem a bit unfair but hey, maybe hate leads not only to the dark side but also to huge chakra capacity!

This is why I fear Kakashi will soon be very short on chakra: he’s already used three raikiris plus his sharingan a bit so he should still be okay for a chapter or two but he won’t last much longer against the 3 weird things.

10. I’m too sexy for my clothes!

I think that quite a few Kakashi fan-girls flashed on that picture: Kakashi without his ninja jacket (how the hell will he summon his dogs with allure if he doesn’t even have his flashy scrolls?) and with a teared up mask. What will he lose next week? All bets are on!

I am sure that the more perverted fan-girls have their wishes but Kakashi’s true face may be revealed next week due to the teared up mask (we did have a spoiler cover some time ago). Please no puns about Kakashi being hot!

Note: 4.5/5
This chapter was very nice and all, showing very good fights and Akatsuki/Kakashi awesomeness but team 10 was way too passive for my taste. But the greatest thing in this chapter is all the openings in the fight which are shown: this fight has such a huge potential!

Think about it: elemental fights with a wind ghost ripe for Kazengan introduction, Kakashi greatness with his face possibly revealed, Shikamaru’s vial, scroll and genius, Ino and Chouki’s new abilities, Kakuzu and Hidan combo, Hidan other jutsus (this one really is huge speculation) and all that mixed with the arrival of the omnipotent ruler!

This may be a great fight on the level of Naruto’s bridge fight (one of the greatest in my opinion) So Kishimoto please do not disappoint us! (I know you won’t)

The pics were taken from Yume’s Edited Manga, I wanted to ask them if I could use their work but I didn’t know how to reach them. So if they have a problem with my using their great work, they can send me a post or I suppose a moderator could delete the pictures.
So thanks Yume for the Edited Manga and for letting me use your scans (if you have no problem with that)

Raseru

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Please register to see the content of this post.

venicia777

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

CupofDice

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

dimska

Reaction score
Country
France

venicia777

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

dimska

Reaction score
Country
France

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel

venicia777

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi