Two Cour Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken

Nii

Black Grail
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Country
Germany
- Whole group just staring not once but twice while the Orc Lord happily eats his meal and obviously turns stronger/heals himself
- Gelmud just dumb rambling so that Rimuru learns there's another mastermind... the dude turned out to be simply pathetic
- Rimuru winning very easily, again

Was honestly expecting more after all that build-up :s Not a bad episode by any means, but I was certainly expecting something better.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Country
United States
- Whole group just staring not once but twice while the Orc Lord happily eats his meal and obviously turns stronger/heals himself
- Gelmud just dumb rambling so that Rimuru learns there's another mastermind... the dude turned out to be simply pathetic
- Rimuru winning very easily, again

Was honestly expecting more after all that build-up :s Not a bad episode by any means, but I was certainly expecting something better.
What were you expecting?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

To be clear, I don't mean that in a rhetorical way. I'm genuinely curious what you thought it was building up to.

Nii

Black Grail
Administrator
Country
Germany
What were you expecting?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

To be clear, I don't mean that in a rhetorical way. I'm genuinely curious what you thought it was building up to.
Well I pretty much said that already.

- Gelmud turning out to be an utter trash mob. For a supposed "little" mastermind who staged all this, he turned out really dumb and lame, not to mention weak (couldn't even kill Gabiru's lackey's lol)

- Either avoid the trope of "let's all stare while the enemy gets his power-up" (twice even) or have it matter at least. Orc Lord already was supposed to be this epic creature, but even as Orc Disaster he was defeated very easily. No tension there, nor a particularly awesome fight.

So it comes down to boring villains and a not particularly great execution of the conflict, in my eyes. Still a good episode, but I'm mostly lukewarm toward the show so far. I'm enjoying it, but beside the short arc in the Dwarven capital, I'm not particularly moved on an emotional level.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Country
United States
Well I pretty much said that already.

- Gelmud turning out to be an utter trash mob. For a supposed "little" mastermind who staged all this, he turned out really dumb and lame, not to mention weak (couldn't even kill Gabiru's lackey's lol)

- Either avoid the trope of "let's all stare while the enemy gets his power-up" (twice even) or have it matter at least. Orc Lord already was supposed to be this epic creature, but even as Orc Disaster he was defeated very easily. No tension there, nor a particularly awesome fight.

So it comes down to boring villains and a not particularly great execution of the conflict, in my eyes. Still a good episode, but I'm mostly lukewarm toward the show so far. I'm enjoying it, but beside the short arc in the Dwarven capital, I'm not particularly moved on an emotional level.
I get what your problems were just not how you ever thought it would be different.

I think it was pretty strongly implied in the episode before this one that Gelmud was a minor villain working for a more major villain.

And while it did do the trope of standing around while the enemy gets stronger there was a reason for it. Rimiru wasn't threatened and was trying to uncover who the real mastermind was. He wasn't in a rush for the same reason Saitama in Onepunch Man usually isn't in a rush.

Nii

Black Grail
Administrator
Country
Germany
So ofc he knew that he would still be much stronger even after the enemie powers up? :XD Sounds like something that would bite you in the ass most of the time. For Saitama I can see that, he's literally Onepunch Man, not to mention his general attitude, but here it just comes off as not particularly smart. Not sure what Rimuru would figure out after a power-up either, if he wanted knowledge he could've prevented the power-up and questioned him.

And sure Gelmud wasn't portrayed like an epic foe but getting oneshoted after a silly rant that revealed his whole plan? Yeah....

My point was, I expected better in the sense that it should've avoided all these issues. It made the whole thing pretty average in my eyes. Otherwise it still is a pretty fine show, just nothing amazing so far.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
Canada
And sure Gelmud wasn't portrayed like an epic foe but getting oneshoted after a silly rant that revealed his whole plan? Yeah....
If you are a minor villain and want to stay alive.... don't reveal your plan! :XD

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Country
United States
So ofc he knew that he would still be much stronger even after the enemie powers up? :XD Sounds like something that would bite you in the ass most of the time. For Saitama I can see that, he's literally Onepunch Man, not to mention his general attitude, but here it just comes off as not particularly smart. Not sure what Rimuru would figure out after a power-up either, if he wanted knowledge he could've prevented the power-up and questioned him.
Would it be more practical and realistic to not wait and kill the enemy while he's weaker? Sure, it would. Not really necessary though and would also be kind of anticlimactic. You read Nartuo. You know how shounen fights go.

My point was, I expected better in the sense that it should've avoided all these issues. It made the whole thing pretty average in my eyes. Otherwise it still is a pretty fine show, just nothing amazing so far.
Yeah, I mean. He's mid tier shounen fodder. It's what they do.

This is a shounen isekai. If your expecting it not to act like a shounen isekai your going to be disappointed. The really impressive parts, at least to me, is how it's executing those things so well. If you don't love it you don't love it. But what your seeing as issues here I think are just characteristics. What makes Slime exceptional in it's genre isn't that it subverts expectations but rather how it meets those expectations and gives more than you expect in areas like the execution of Orc Disaster's backstory.

Basically...

Last edited:

Nii

Black Grail
Administrator
Country
Germany
Well you're not wrong Jammin, but let's say I was just hoping for a bit more. A bit more drama, a bit more "spectacular" fight, a bit more "interesting" villains. Personally I didn't really get any of that, and while the Orc Disaster backstory was okay, it wasn't anything particularly moving in my eyes. The minister backstory in the Dwarven capital worked better for me.

So yeah, I'm still enjoying what I see, but that's all it amounts to. Maybe it will capture me more later on, who knows : )

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Country
Italy
I've enjoyed this episode, even in its simplicity.
Cliches are bound to happen in every series, so there isn't much we can do about that. :XD
Still, yeah, Gelmud seemed to be at least a bit cool, but in the end he was revealed to be a complete fool. LOL

Last edited:

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Country
Canada
I was envisioning a gif that would count down to that particular date & time... but that is too complicated for a gif. gifs just go round and round

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Country
United States
I was envisioning a gif that would count down to that particular date & time... but that is too complicated for a gif. gifs just go round and round
I'm sure there is a way to do it. I'm just 25% too lazy to try and figure it out.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Country
Canada
I'm the other 75% :XD

Ooops! Maybe I should leave some of that percentage for other people to be lazy too.

Say 50%... only 25% left! when it's gone someone will have to figure it out and do the gif! :XD

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
A nation huh, things are going smoothly for him. He named all the Orcs too :o.

The king repelled them and now he is asking for an alliance himself. I was wondering if Rimuru had learnt swordsmanship from Hakurou while he was fighting and we got the confirmation later.

Sky

Master of Masters
Global Moderator
Country
Germany
Looking at her face and body, I can't wait for her to appear.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Country
United States
Millim has arrived.

Finally an opponent so strong Rimuru had to resort to ruthless advanced anti-loli warfare tactics such as bribing with sweets.:XD

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
A Demon Lord became their allies? Just like that? Is there no honey in their world or something? That felt too easy. I thought he had given her Shion's food :XD.

These Lizard women evolution... :sky2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)