Summer - The Baseball Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Summer The Baseball Thread

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Baseball Topic

Red Sox XD

Good luck with your season, btw, you cubs fans deserve it!

Uchiha Slayer

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Well we're 1-0! Atlanta will surely go undefeated this year! :D
Plus we bot a better bullpin!!! No more losses down the streach, HOPEFULLY.

Venom65437

3-0 beeyotches!!! I'm telling you 162-0 all the way!

It's such a relief that we have good pitching in the bullpen, and we don't have to stress out about that! The best part is were winning while Chipper and Andruw haven't played really well offensively yet.

Uchiha Slayer

Reaction score
Country
United States

That freaking Brian McCain is the truth for Atlanta. The division will not be easy to clench. But this year we're going to get it.

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

now we're 2-2 :darn I hate being tied...
and it's too bad cause Wakefield pitched well, but didn't get any run support, which seems to be a common thing for him >.<
I really wanted him to get a win for his opener, too...

but the good news is that Matsuzaka appears to be living up to all the hype. He pitched a great game on thursday, 10 k's :D

Venom65437

Good old John Smoltz comes through for us when we need him and we righted the ship. I'm still overall very impressed by our pitching. When Chipper and Andruw get going, we're really going to be something.

Uchiha Slayer

Reaction score
Country
United States

Good old John Smoltz comes through for us when we need him and we righted the ship. I'm still overall very impressed by our pitching. When Chipper and Andruw get going, we're really going to be something.

pitching is above avarage this year for real...I heard people talking that we might have the best bullpin in baseball, but we got to see. I think Andrew and Chipper are mid season stars. They'll come around. GO BRAVES!!!

Venom65437

I have absolute confidence that Chip and Andruw will have great years like they always do. I'm just happy to see us doing well while they aren't. I think Chip might be about to get started... he hit the ball hard all last game, and you can't tell me you didn't think that double in the 8th was going to be out of there, I thought for sure it was.

Our bullpen is excellent, it's so nice to be able to trust them again.

In some bad news, Mike Hampton is out for the year AGAIN. Tore a tendon in his left elbow... ugh.

Uchiha Slayer

Reaction score
Country
United States

Yeah, about time Atlanta bulpin get it going, took a hold year. But Chip and Andrew are really swinging the ball good. Its time for Langerhan(how ever you spell it) to get it going. Jeff F. is just coming aroung, he hit nasty homer two nights ago. The boy Andrew is getting sick with it. I hope Atlanta keep the wallet open for him.

Venom65437

Yes, I think we'd be crazy to let Andruw go. Between his offense and defense he's one of the 5 best players in baseball, IMO. That said, we haven't paid for ANYONE to stay for years. The only players who have stayed, Chipper and Smoltz, took less money because they wanted to be here.

BTW, now that Chipper has gotten going, he's off to one of the best starts of his career, I would really like to see him stay healthy and show what he can do again this year.

miyi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

How about Alex Rodriguez having an unprecedented month of April, huh? He already has 14 homeruns, tying Albert Pujols for most HR's in a month, I think. And he still has several games left to break the record.

Here are his season's stats, currently:

Statistics:

Last Week
AVG: .440
HR: 4
RBI: 8
R: 9
SB: 1
OPS: 1.481

2007 Season
AVG: .378
HR: 14
RBI: 34
R: 26
SB: 2
OPS: 1.412

Career
AVG: .306
HR: 478
RBI: 1381
R: 1384
SB: 243
OPS: .964

(Ok, just to let you guys know, I know only fairly little about baseball. I can barely understand what half of the stats mean. :XD)

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

A-Rod?! bah!!
Just kidding, he is having a great start, I just feel superstitious about praising him before our series this weekend... I'm not a hater though

but how about the sox getting four home runs in a row last weekend, that was insane! Even my dad was psyched about that, which is rare :D

Venom65437

I think A-Rod might have about 32947397439574957 home runs this year, and that's if he gets injured. :p

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

^^ As long as none of them are against the Sox, that'd be fine with me :D

Venom65437

Well, it would appear that the Yankees are your bitch this year...

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

seriously...it does seem that way, doesn't it? 5/6 in the first two series...I almost feel bad for Torre, having such awful pitching...er, not really though :D

Venom65437

I'm VERY worried about Bob Wickman, the last two games he's been awful, can't throw a strike, and he cost us the game today. This is very bad.

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

so...the sox/yankees might open next season in Japan :blink ?! and maybe the padres/dodgers... that's weird...but kind of cool...

Venom65437

I actually don't like our leagues playing games that count in other countries. I think it's ridiculous. My Phins have a "home" game in London this year. Retarded.

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

who are the Phins?

but it does seem to be just a publicity stunt. It's weird though, considering how tickets sell for a sox/yankees game, let alone season opener, that they'd do that. for the Japanese fans though, its cool.