Discussion - The "Blank/Void Century" | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The "Blank/Void Century"

will we find out what happened during the blank century

• yes

Votes: 118 98.3%
  • no

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

neild

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
what do u guys think about the void century?
what it is that is so important that gov wants to keep a secret, and killing innocent people...it must be something bad, nasty, and has something to do with pirates.maybe they once destroy all the pirates in the so called void century..

so just to confirm.by collecting the poneglyrph, we can know the void century.is that right?

ready to hear your thoughts
Also referred to as the Void Century or the Blank Page of History, this is the period 800 years ago when a great civilization dominated the world and then at the end of the century they disappeared. At the end of the century the World Government came to power and censored everything that happened in the previous 100 years.

This period became known as the blank century because there is nothing left to acknowledge anything whatever happened during that time. The only surviving written accounts of the events of the Blank Century are on the Rio Poneglyph. This has prompted historians to search far and wide for the Rio Poneglyph. However, the World Government is desperate to keep the Blank Century a secret; they've obliterated entire islands to kill the archaeologists capable of deciphering the poneglyphs, and when eight-year-old Nico Robin escaped one such assault, the World Government responded by putting a 79-Million-Berry bounty on her head. These harsh actions have led many to assume that the true history of the Blank Century contains information which puts the World Government in severely bad light.

Finding the true history of the Blank Century is Robin's dream.

do u guys think we will find out what happened during the blank century
[mod=Luckas]Threads merged, I collected in this post the first posts by the thread starters.[/mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark Zeza

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: void century

In the voild century (blank century), the world government was created. So world government wanted to hide the history that they killed some group of people, race or maybe innocent people. My thought, if it has been revealed, the World Government will look like villain group automatically.

By collecting the REAL poneglyph (Robin mentioned before cannot remember when) we will know the true story of that blank century. According to the writing on the golden bell in Skypea, Pirate King Gold Roger knew it and tried to reveal it to the world. My thought, the D people are the one who are trying to reveal that fact to the whole world.

These are my idea though.

neild

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

so what is mentioned in the first poneglyph found in alabasta?
and the second poneglyph in skypea?
if it is written by human, how can it be spread around the world?

Dark Zeza

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Uh huh, :darn in Alabasta it seem to be about Pluton, and in Skypea it is about Poseidon.

In chapter 301, It seem that Robin thought the info was useless because it was about weapon at first. After reading what Roger wrote on the Bell, she seem to notice something what Real Poneglyph is. Then brought all the clue in one piece to Raftel.

Ah hem... I think Gold Roger put all the clue together rearranging them all into ONE-PIECE and put them in Raftel. Luffy jsut go there and read them. :smile-big "One piece" of the blank century, it is the treasure of the world.

Again these are my idea though.

alekosss_kenpachi

Reaction score
Country
Greece

Dark Zeza said:
Uh huh, :darn in Alabasta it seem to be about Pluton, and in Skypea it is about Poseidon.

In chapter 301, It seem that Robin thought the info was useless because it was about weapon at first. After reading what Roger wrote on the Bell, she seem to notice something what Real Poneglyph is. Then brought all the clue in one piece to Raftel.

Ah hem... I think Gold Roger put all the clue together rearranging them all into ONE-PIECE and put them in Raftel. Luffy jsut go there and read them. :smile-big "One piece" of the blank century, it is the treasure of the world.

Again these are my idea though.
This is an awesome idea!!The only thing we can do though is wait and read!!

bakashijinsan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

yep that's what i'm thinking actually. this theory is great. perhaps it really is the secret of One Piece. to piece all of the fragments of the lost history into "one piece".

perhaps roger discovered it and that maybe the reason why he got executed. well, him being a pirate is a reason enough to execute him but this may be the real deal on why he was dubbed the pirate king and on why even those with the slightest relation to him are sentenced to die (like Tom). the government may be fearing that the history discovered by roger may leak out so they are tracing every single one that roger may have an acquaintance with.

:D nice theory btw Dark Zeza

but you know, i do hope your theory is wrong. why? coz it'll take all of the excitement of the story. >_< sorry

Dark Zeza

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Thank you for the comments. As alekosss_kenpachi said we have to wait and see.

bakashijinsan said:
but you know, i do hope your theory is wrong. why? coz it'll take all of the excitement of the story. >_< sorry
Hahahaha! Don't worry about that maybe I am wrong. By the way as you all know, Oda sensei is genius. :)

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Dark Zeza said:
Pluton is on Alabasta and Poseidon is actually on Jaya (before the Knock Up Stream blast it to the sky)

Dark Zeza said:
True. Eventhough I like the idea of One Piece is the DF tree, but this is the most possible thing. After all, knowledge is the best treasure. It will bring meaning not to just the SH, but the entire world.

mugen

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mexico

I think the void century is connected to the devil fruits fore some unknown reason. Probably they came from there.

patz

Reaction score
Country
Thailand

I think the void century is about D will and Luffy's ancestors. In the end, all pirate will unite and fight against WG.

white silver

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

Correct me if I'm wrong, in the Anime, Luffy falls down with Zorro and Chopper in Alabasta (on their way to Crocodile) there was..... a ponyglyph right??????? Is there 2 in that country?

bax

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

I rewatched it, and it does look like poneglyph. But, I guess that's just a mistake, or another carvings that looks like a poneglyph. After all, they were fighting in some kind of historic place...

white silver

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

baxteristic said:
I rewatched it, and it does look like poneglyph. But, I guess that's just a mistake, or another carvings that looks like a poneglyph. After all, they were fighting in some kind of historic place...
Luffy was unable to break it (A ponyglyph characteristic), maybe it would have something to do in the future of the Anime
(OH MY GOSH, WOULD THE STORY CHANGE)

bax

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Maybe. Maybe it's just the same poneglyph Robin was reading. Just at different angle or just been smashed to the lower levels where Robin and Cobra found it.

Seriously, I don't know about that. Perhaps it has a greater meaning in future. But right now, I'm just viewing it as a mistake or something Oda wants to be happening in the anime.

infyquest

Reaction score
Country
India

Nobody knows about that period, 'coz I ruled at that time :P
Just Kiddin'

white silver

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

baxteristic said:
Maybe. Maybe it's just the same poneglyph Robin was reading. Just at different angle or just been smashed to the lower levels where Robin and Cobra found it.
But that's kinda like (a few days) walk from there eh. For some reason, Oda seems to approve, I mean it would REALLY affect the storyline if there was no reason behind it.

close-kun

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score

Well, there IS a chance that is the rio poneglyph they(Luffy, Zoro and Chopper) discovered in Arabasta.
No one have discovered it yet, except for those "idiots"... :amuse

bax

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

close-kun said:
Well, there IS a chance that is the rio poneglyph they(Luffy, Zoro and Chopper) discovered in Arabasta.
No one have discovered it yet, except for those "idiots"... :amuse
Isn't it that Robin commented the Rion Poneglyph is on Raftel? She commented this after she read the Poneglyph when the SH were on Skypiea.

Dark Zeza

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Umm... What is this "rio" or "Rion" Poneglyh you're talking about? Is it the Poneglyphs that tell the true history?

bax

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Dark Zeza said:
Umm... What is this "rio" or "Rion" Poneglyh you're talking about? Is it the Poneglyphs that tell the true history?
Rio Poneglyph (I spelled that wrong previously :p) is likely to contain the True History of the Void Century. Well, Robin said that she must follow all the Poneglyph to the end of GL (Raftel) after she read that Jaya Poneglyph on Skypiea. It is presumed that the Rio Poneglyph indeed contains the 100 years that lost in the Void Century and Roger has carried the Poneglyph to Raftel during his conquest.