The Bravery

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Mask.

Yo goldb :D Is your avy cha from jojo?
Hmm...currently: Magi, Psycho, and the current running Gintama.
Nothing else for now, planning to watch some more, any suggestions?
Oh and also finally got to start on the Valkyria Chronicles anime.
No it's Ryo Saeba from City Hunter :amuse Classic manga/anime if you've never seen it before. It's one of my all time favourites growing up.

I've been thinking to pick up Magi for a while now, do you think I should go with the manga/anime or both?
Hmmm I don't watch any current animes besides following One Piece every sunday morning. The last animes I watched were Eureka Seven, Madoka , SAO and a few Ghibli movies. Check out From Up on Poppy Hill if you get the chance. Besides that, you can check out my MAL and see if anything catches your eye there.
Tell me about Valkyria, not heard of it before...
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Mask.

Glad to hear you were doing good on your exams Zel :zomg mind sharing how good you were exactly? :3c

---------- Post added at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

Yo goldb :D Is your avy cha from jojo?
Hmm...currently: Magi, Psycho, and the current running Gintama.
Nothing else for now, planning to watch some more, any suggestions?
Oh and also finally got to start on the Valkyria Chronicles anime.
I'm not sure how much of a Jojo fan you are but did you try the anime remake? Quite good, if I may say so. That's coming from someone who hasn't read the manga but manga readers like CrudeCross are quite pleased too.
And did you watch Chuunibyou?
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: Mask.

What, you can't stand being around kids? :XD I want him to come back already, so we can have our epic text wall exchanges again! :arf
:lmao you two can go on and on and on.
I can stand them but if I have to deal with them on a daily basis... :gwah
Maybe you adore kids :^_^?

I know, right? DAT FOOD. :arf I swear, I'm gonna gain so many kgs. I went to my relative's place today, and there were over 20 dishes prepared. :drool
WHAAAAT 20 OVER DISHES :zomg
Damn yooooou icei, making me jealous with the red packies and now the fooood.
Hahaha, I dread the day when I'm the one who's giving out red packets. :gwah My wallet cries by just thinking about it.
best enjoy taking while we can :arf
like, a lot of taking.


I'm in Shanghai right now. From the 1st-5th, I was in Korea. :XD
I think I'm going to die of envy here.
What's your next destination if any ? Where have you been to?
Travelling around must be so much fun :wtf

True, true. But I guess at the moment I'm just too bored of him that I'm not really interested in that anymore. :sweat
Well I understand because you are a Sho fan :3c
but seriously, next arc alreeady!


Valentine... *thinks*
Say out your thoughts :p?


Sounds nice. Better enjoy all the freedom you have now before school starts rolling again, haha~ Good luck with study. And I'm good too, new semester has just started, so quite looking forward to it.
I don't think I'll ever be getting a holiday this long again. So yep, going to enjoy myself but in moderation, I have a lot of plans that I doubt a month and half will be enough to accomplish :(

No it's Ryo Saeba from City Hunter :amuse Classic manga/anime if you've never seen it before. It's one of my all time favourites growing up.
Ah the one with that korea drama adaption everyone have been crazy about a while ago?
I doubt I'll be checking it out because of the artstyle and how long ago with so many chapters but it's really popular.


I've been thinking to pick up Magi for a while now, do you think I should go with the manga/anime or both?
Um.. I don't read the manga, only watch the anime.
I'm planning to pick up the manga when the anime inevitably ends. I think you should do that too because A-1 has been doing a fantastic job so far.
Anime-alone only...the plot is fantastic. And to compare, it's like Fairy Tail with the magic actually being magic. I...really don't like fairy tail now. But let's not have me comparing two different mangas.
Give the anime a go, some parts may be a little draggy but overall it's great. Especially the end of the recent anime arc. I think there's only a few more episodes to go before the anime ends.

Hmmm I don't watch any current animes besides following One Piece every sunday morning. The last animes I watched were Eureka Seven, Madoka , SAO and a few Ghibli movies. Check out From Up on Poppy Hill if you get the chance. Besides that, you can check out my MAL and see if anything catches your eye there.
Tell me about Valkyria, not heard of it before...
The pace in One Piece better pick itself up...I know we've been used to this pace for years but it would do the arc a lot of justice if it just hasten a little more :(
Ah Eureka Seven and Madoka! Ghibli movies :zomg You watch so many quality stuff goldb. Hmm...was about to start SAO but then there were so many people saying how disappointing it was and how in the end it was turning into another harem with just plot. Maybe they are wrong but SAO winning most disappointing anime in MH kindda defer me from wanting to try it out :sweat
So I saw your animelist...planning to watch Kara no Kyoukai :verily
Just watched it half a month ago in a single seating, yep everything, had day off on that day.
One of the most interesting anime movies if you ask me. Although a lot of things were overly complicated and uh, magically incomprehensible(as if they expected me to have watched the fate series to understand), the action and overall plot/theme was still comprehensible and can I say, excellent.
RED LINE IS AWESOME TOO.

About Valkyria... it's been 12 episodes and I can say as a standalone anime, it's not that good.
I'm just watching it because of my love for the game and I wanted to see everything animated. Ofc, the anime studio took their own direction and the adaption isn't completely true to it's source but at least the overall plot seems to be there.

VC is loosely based on our industrial age, somewhere between ww1 and ww2, where tanks just appeared and started being widely used.
It's a series about military and warfare, about how normal humans like me and you become soldiers, while implementing love and friendship in it, it also deals with some politics and deals with discrimination too.
The plot while not anything fantastic is believable, and the characters are memorable and very human.
Human is the word here, the realism in this series is done very well with only little fantasy elements.

The game is just fantastic, the anime is not that bad, but it could be much better.


K /end long anime rant.

Welcome back Zeltrax, I missed you....
DD !!
Do you know that your avy is my favorite avy here?
Congrats on winning MH FUNNIEST! (Sorry for being so late).
And does this means that everytime I go to your thread I will laugh :lmao ?
Just kidding, missed you too. What have you been up to? How's Little Busters?

Glad to hear you were doing good on your exams Zel :zomg mind sharing how good you were exactly? :3c
Hmm hard to put it to terms since the grading system works differently here.
Let's just say that I scored 12, while the maximum score you can get is 6 or 5? and with the lowest(worst...) being 20-30. It's basically a compilation of the top 5 subjects, so basically :
Adds 5 best subject's grades together => Total score.
A1 + 4 B3s (13) was my score, but I got community service points so a deduction of one point.

=12 points.

Yep, the lower the better.

By my standards...I think I'm over satisfied.


I'm not sure how much of a Jojo fan you are but did you try the anime remake? Quite good, if I may say so. That's coming from someone who hasn't read the manga but manga readers like CrudeCross are quite pleased too.
And did you watch Chuunibyou?
Googled Chuunibyou, a romance series :o
So..is it good? I think this is the first time you are talking about a romcom in my thread IIRC :p
Ah Jojo, watched 3 episodes, liked it for what it is(over-eccentric characters, manly uh...poses? and uh scenes?) and didn't go back to it. Maybe I should? It just didn't really keep my interest but that is completely understandable since the story was from such a long time ago. I'll go back to it someday(like when I did when I first started one piece) and yeah, it really felt like the first few episodes of OP when I watched JoJo, because it wasn't something I was used to.
 
Last edited:

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Mask.

The title! :zomg I've just listened to The Bravery twice, I think. Getting the hang of it, but with supercell it always takes more to get used to the song. :p

Well I understand because you are a Sho fan :3c
but seriously, next arc alreeady!
Well, I hate him for doing that to Kyouko so he should serve her for the rest of his life in return. :cheez

Say out your thoughts :p?
Not sure~ Uni's schedule looks rather... interesting. -_-;

[I don't think I'll ever be getting a holiday this long again. So yep, going to enjoy myself but in moderation, I have a lot of plans that I doubt a month and half will be enough to accomplish :(
My friends also said the last holiday I had was the last until we graduate. That sucks big deal if it's true, but I have to live with it so yeah. T_T At least you still have things to do; long holidays without work can be boring as well.

[Ah the one with that korea drama adaption everyone have been crazy about a while ago?
I doubt I'll be checking it out because of the artstyle and how long ago with so many chapters but it's really popular.
LEE MIN HO! He looks best in CH, IMO. :x3 :x3
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Mask.

:lmao you two can go on and on and on.
I can stand them but if I have to deal with them on a daily basis... :gwah
Maybe you adore kids :^_^?
I know, right? :oh Most people would back away from our threads after seeing our text walls. :XD
Ahh, yeah, you have a point.
Hahaha, I've been told I'm great with kids, and I like being with them. If they behave.

WHAAAAT 20 OVER DISHES :zomg
Damn yooooou icei, making me jealous with the red packies and now the fooood.
Bahahaha. :XD How was your CNYE dinner? Lots of people? Or was it just an intimate gathering?

best enjoy taking while we can :arf
like, a lot of taking.
Indeed. :arf We only have a few more years. :arf

I think I'm going to die of envy here.
What's your next destination if any ? Where have you been to?
Travelling around must be so much fun :wtf
:3c I was thinking of going to Singapore, you know. :XD
But anyway, I'll be staying in Shanghai until the 19th, and then I'm going back to Australia. When I was in Korea, I went to Seoul and Jeju Island. :nod

Are you planning on doing any travelling soon? :zomg
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Too short, but not bad. PP's Namae no Kaibutsu's piano cover is more badass, though. :lmao
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Mask.

Hahaha, I've been told I'm great with kids, and I like being with them. If they behave.
You should become an educator, just like me :3c

Um.. I don't read the manga, only watch the anime.
I'm planning to pick up the manga when the anime inevitably ends. I think you should do that too because A-1 has been doing a fantastic job so far.
Anime-alone only...the plot is fantastic. And to compare, it's like Fairy Tail with the magic actually being magic. I...really don't like fairy tail now. But let's not have me comparing two different mangas.
Give the anime a go, some parts may be a little draggy but overall it's great. Especially the end of the recent anime arc. I think there's only a few more episodes to go before the anime ends.
No. As an avid manga reader I can tell that their adaption was good but in no way fantastic.

1. Pace is just too fast sometimes, especially before the Balbadd Arc. I understand they planned to cover as much as possible in one season but I disliked it.
2. They changed some things. Usually nothing big and some were even appreciated by fans but to be honest, most weren't to my taste and I prefer the anime staying close to the original anyway. There's one big change two.

You know, the guy from Al Sarmen who gets killed by Sinbad. He's supposed to appear in a later arc. At this point it's unknown if this change got approved by the author or not, as it won't drastically change the storyline but definitely leads to changed developments in the next arc. How big and in what way I dunno. Meh :s

3. Censorship. Together with the fast pacing the anime failed to convey the intensity the manga has at points. Granted the anime is better at some points but overall, it just lacks.
So A-1 is definitely doing a good job but I hoped for more. If anything, I would recommend to read the first 10 chapters or so again + the last few from Balbadd to see what I'm talking about in the spoiler.

Hmm hard to put it to terms since the grading system works differently here.
Let's just say that I scored 12, while the maximum score you can get is 6 or 5? and with the lowest(worst...) being 20-30. It's basically a compilation of the top 5 subjects, so basically :
Adds 5 best subject's grades together => Total score.
A1 + 4 B3s (13) was my score, but I got community service points so a deduction of one point.

=12 points.

Yep, the lower the better.

By my standards...I think I'm over satisfied.
Sounds good, if I understand it correctly you have one 1 (our highest grade here) and four 2/2-? :XD Just my guess, as it probably isn't exactly the same but close.

Googled Chuunibyou, a romance series :o
So..is it good? I think this is the first time you are talking about a romcom in my thread IIRC :p
Ah Jojo, watched 3 episodes, liked it for what it is(over-eccentric characters, manly uh...poses? and uh scenes?) and didn't go back to it. Maybe I should? It just didn't really keep my interest but that is completely understandable since the story was from such a long time ago. I'll go back to it someday(like when I did when I first started one piece) and yeah, it really felt like the first few episodes of OP when I watched JoJo, because it wasn't something I was used to.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/14741/Chuunibyou_demo_Koi_ga_Shitai!

Of course it's good, otherwise I wouldn't recommend it :p It's mostly comedy for the first half but later turns quite serious. Love plays a part but is far from being the main aspect.
The serious could have relied on it's good comedy but instead takes a serious approach on a difficult matter. Don't worry, it's far from being a harem and I'm pretty sure you will enjoy it :nod

And I enjoyed the first part of Jojo, for all it's weirdness. The second part is way better though and the third part (not in the anime yet) is supposed to be most loved out of all the parts so I'm having high hopes that they will cover the third part too. If you enjoyed the first few episodes I'm pretty sure you will like it a lot more when the second part starts.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Mask.

Ah the one with that korea drama adaption everyone have been crazy about a while ago?
I doubt I'll be checking it out because of the artstyle and how long ago with so many chapters but it's really popular.
I think so. I never checked out the korean adaptation but whilst googling for the images, I did see some screenshots from that. That's a shame, it's really worth checking out. It's got a really good balance of goofy entertainment, action and drama. Especially with the manga. I personally didn't check out the manga until I was quite older, having seen the anime as a little kid. The french dubbing of any anime were severely butchered, so reading the manga and then later seeing a few of the anime episodes, I appreciated the story a lot more.

Um.. I don't read the manga, only watch the anime.
I'm planning to pick up the manga when the anime inevitably ends. I think you should do that too because A-1 has been doing a fantastic job so far.
Anime-alone only...the plot is fantastic. And to compare, it's like Fairy Tail with the magic actually being magic. I...really don't like fairy tail now. But let's not have me comparing two different mangas.
Give the anime a go, some parts may be a little draggy but overall it's great. Especially the end of the recent anime arc. I think there's only a few more episodes to go before the anime ends.
Sure I'll check out an episode or 2 tomorrow and see how I fair with it. I was randomly checking its wikia page last week out of curiosity, so it definitely got my attention with the inclusion of fictional characters such as Aladdin, Sinbad, Alibaba who I've seen from different adaptations; both films and cartoons. I never did get into Fairy Tail anime; just found the art to be quite sucky personally. The whole magic incantation circle that appeared everytime really got to me and put me off. So at most, I think I watched a dozen or so episodes here and there before completely dropping it.

The pace in One Piece better pick itself up...I know we've been used to this pace for years but it would do the arc a lot of justice if it just hasten a little more :(
Ah Eureka Seven and Madoka! Ghibli movies :zomg You watch so many quality stuff goldb. Hmm...was about to start SAO but then there were so many people saying how disappointing it was and how in the end it was turning into another harem with just plot. Maybe they are wrong but SAO winning most disappointing anime in MH kindda defer me from wanting to try it out :sweat
So I saw your animelist...planning to watch Kara no Kyoukai :verily
Just watched it half a month ago in a single seating, yep everything, had day off on that day.
One of the most interesting anime movies if you ask me. Although a lot of things were overly complicated and uh, magically incomprehensible(as if they expected me to have watched the fate series to understand), the action and overall plot/theme was still comprehensible and can I say, excellent.
RED LINE IS AWESOME TOO.
Very true, FI arc was quite meh but the outcome and ends of this Punk Hazard arc has justified the pace somewhat. Not that it was particularly slow, just felt that some chapters were dragged out unnecessarily imo. But since Caesar's defeat, I've been loving loving every subsequent chapter, the last one with Dofla's appearance on PH included.
Since I only watch anime based on recommendation or positive hype, I guess the stuff I do see are quality. Ghibli is to be expected now, it's Disney/Pixar; you expect them to deliver a certain quality everytime. E7 was quite jarring to get going for me, I wasn't in any sort of run of episodes until 15+ episodes had been seen, but after that I just breezed through it. Madoka on the other hand was just a breeze and I really liked it. It's very different, yet similar to things I'd seen before. Not watched many dark fantasy animes, and didn't think Madoka would be dark or anything, so I was very impressed by it, the plot and logic/theory.

Kara no Kyoukai is now next. bene, darj, you and phio have all said how brilliant it is. :nod
Red Line I got interested in after hearing Kaiten speaking about it when it came out, I've actually got it and had it for well over a year now but just not gotten around to seeing it. :bored. I will try and watch a few series this week coming, but I'm also quite hooked on Breaking Bad at the moment. :sweat

About Valkyria... it's been 12 episodes and I can say as a standalone anime, it's not that good.
I'm just watching it because of my love for the game and I wanted to see everything animated. Ofc, the anime studio took their own direction and the adaption isn't completely true to it's source but at least the overall plot seems to be there.

VC is loosely based on our industrial age, somewhere between ww1 and ww2, where tanks just appeared and started being widely used.
It's a series about military and warfare, about how normal humans like me and you become soldiers, while implementing love and friendship in it, it also deals with some politics and deals with discrimination too.
The plot while not anything fantastic is believable, and the characters are memorable and very human.
Human is the word here, the realism in this series is done very well with only little fantasy elements.

The game is just fantastic, the anime is not that bad, but it could be much better.


K /end long anime rant.
Ok, I will add this one to my list nonetheless for a future eventuality. Hopefully it'll be finished with not too many episodes then I can just watch it at my own pace or as a marathon.
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: Mask.

Hahaha, I've been told I'm great with kids, and I like being with them. If they behave.
...and if they don't :oh ?



Bahahaha. :XD How was your CNYE dinner? Lots of people? Or was it just an intimate gathering?
It was just 4 people :D so yep, more of an intimate gathering. Yours? 20 dishes sounds like it would be a lot of people :lmao


Indeed. :arf We only have a few more years. :arf
That is if we are assuming we will get married soon :teehee


:3c I was thinking of going to Singapore, you know. :XD
But anyway, I'll be staying in Shanghai until the 19th, and then I'm going back to Australia.
Wow, you'll be spending quite some time in china, have tons of fun :^_^
COMECOMECOME TO SINGAPORE!!1
but to be honest, it's pretty much like Shanghai :lmao with more nature in it.

When I was in Korea, I went to Seoul and Jeju Island. :nod
Oh I never heard of Jeju island :sweat how was Seoul? The people?
Are you planning on doing any travelling soon? :zomg
Checked my wallet and bank account...
...
....
.....:(


Too short, but not bad. PP's Namae no Kaibutsu's piano cover is more badass, though. :lmao
I like PP's Namae way better but enjoying Bravery now because it's new and it's Supercell :zomg
Go check out Magi, Phio..just because of the ending song :3c
but it's a pretty good anime like many have said!

...wait a second! You haven't told me what you think of valentine yet :mono

You should become an educator, just like me :3c
:lmao I think the society will be better off if i'm not. Who knows what I'll do to em kids when I rage?



No. As an avid manga reader I can tell that their adaption was good but in no way fantastic.

1. Pace is just too fast sometimes, especially before the Balbadd Arc. I understand they planned to cover as much as possible in one season but I disliked it.
2. They changed some things. Usually nothing big and some were even appreciated by fans but to be honest, most weren't to my taste and I prefer the anime staying close to the original anyway. There's one big change two.

You know, the guy from Al Sarmen who gets killed by Sinbad. He's supposed to appear in a later arc. At this point it's unknown if this change got approved by the author or not, as it won't drastically change the storyline but definitely leads to changed developments in the next arc. How big and in what way I dunno. Meh :s

3. Censorship. Together with the fast pacing the anime failed to convey the intensity the manga has at points. Granted the anime is better at some points but overall, it just lacks.
So A-1 is definitely doing a good job but I hoped for more. If anything, I would recommend to read the first 10 chapters or so again + the last few from Balbadd to see what I'm talking about in the spoiler.
Is it just me or was that guy KO'd too easily :oh
Anyway, I've read the first few chapters of the manga and it is different as compared to the anime(started off different, some parts were diff) , but it isn't that bad.
Hmm...I think the anime made Alibaba looks like the MC?
Aladdin is the mc if I'm not wrong am I?

I don't really mind the censorship because of the anime targeted audience and I think it's better than some anime already. I understand them changing some little things, since they only have idk, 24 or 26 eps to work with so they need the fast pace if they want to cover lots of stuff. As an anime watcher only, I didn't mind the fast pace at all because it really felt like FMA: Brotherhood. I really think Magi is the new FMA.
In fact, I even felt that Aladdin being unconscious was a little bit draggy.
But then the Solomon wisdom thing :zomg.


Sounds good, if I understand it correctly you have one 1 (our highest grade here) and four 2/2-? :XD Just my guess, as it probably isn't exactly the same but close.
Something like that!


http://myanimelist.net/anime/14741/Chuunibyou_demo_Koi_ga_Shitai!

Of course it's good, otherwise I wouldn't recommend it :p It's mostly comedy for the first half but later turns quite serious. Love plays a part but is far from being the main aspect.
The serious could have relied on it's good comedy but instead takes a serious approach on a difficult matter. Don't worry, it's far from being a harem and I'm pretty sure you will enjoy it :nod

And I enjoyed the first part of Jojo, for all it's weirdness. The second part is way better though and the third part (not in the anime yet) is supposed to be most loved out of all the parts so I'm having high hopes that they will cover the third part too. If you enjoyed the first few episodes I'm pretty sure you will like it a lot more when the second part starts.
I think I found 2 new series to invest on :p Jojo is going to be a long ride but Chuunibyou seems to be a short and fun one.
But first, I have to catch up on PP :gwah

I think so. I never checked out the korean adaptation but whilst googling for the images, I did see some screenshots from that. That's a shame, it's really worth checking out. It's got a really good balance of goofy entertainment, action and drama. Especially with the manga. I personally didn't check out the manga until I was quite older, having seen the anime as a little kid. The french dubbing of any anime were severely butchered, so reading the manga and then later seeing a few of the anime episodes, I appreciated the story a lot more.
Actually, the korea drama deviated a lot from the original, and made up it's own plotlines too. So idk if it would be enjoyable as an adaption.
Do you know where I can read it completed? It's still uh..ongoing in mangareader.



Sure I'll check out an episode or 2 tomorrow and see how I fair with it. I was randomly checking its wikia page last week out of curiosity, so it definitely got my attention with the inclusion of fictional characters such as Aladdin, Sinbad, Alibaba who I've seen from different adaptations; both films and cartoons. I never did get into Fairy Tail anime; just found the art to be quite sucky personally. The whole magic incantation circle that appeared everytime really got to me and put me off. So at most, I think I watched a dozen or so episodes here and there before completely dropping it.
Ah no, when I meant I can't stand FT, I meant the manga.
The FT Anime is one of the better shounen adaptions if you toss aside the first few 20 episodes with the childish approach and magic circles. After that, it speeds up and gave many of its fight scenes justice.
Only downside? The terrible censorship. Ah but I don't find them censoring the fanservice :p


Very true, FI arc was quite meh but the outcome and ends of this Punk Hazard arc has justified the pace somewhat. Not that it was particularly slow, just felt that some chapters were dragged out unnecessarily imo. But since Caesar's defeat, I've been loving loving every subsequent chapter, the last one with Dofla's appearance on PH included.
Once again...no one knows what Oda is going to do next :darn

Since I only watch anime based on recommendation or positive hype, I guess the stuff I do see are quality. Ghibli is to be expected now, it's Disney/Pixar; you expect them to deliver a certain quality everytime. E7 was quite jarring to get going for me, I wasn't in any sort of run of episodes until 15+ episodes had been seen, but after that I just breezed through it. Madoka on the other hand was just a breeze and I really liked it. It's very different, yet similar to things I'd seen before. Not watched many dark fantasy animes, and didn't think Madoka would be dark or anything, so I was very impressed by it, the plot and logic/theory.
That's kindda like me :hip
I guess I'm not that kind that spends my time with mediocre stuffs where the anime is taking forever to get it's message across.
I'm the kind that drops things easily...yep, everything from Ghibi is quality...which is incredible when you think about it.


Kara no Kyoukai is now next. bene, darj, you and phio have all said how brilliant it is. :nod
:nod it really is.
Red Line I got interested in after hearing Kaiten speaking about it when it came out, I've actually got it and had it for well over a year now but just not gotten around to seeing it. :bored. I will try and watch a few series this week coming, but I'm also quite hooked on Breaking Bad at the moment. :sweat
Oh, is it good? I think I've heard about it. It's been forever since I watched an American TV Series.


Ok, I will add this one to my list nonetheless for a future eventuality. Hopefully it'll be finished with not too many episodes then I can just watch it at my own pace or as a marathon.
Haha okay, you can always tell me your thoughts when you finished :D
 
Last edited by a moderator:

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Mask.

Oh I never heard of Jeju island :sweat
When watching Korean dramas I think I hear people mentioning Jeju Island as tourism place or somewhere calm to visit in holidays. :XD

I like PP's Namae way better but enjoying Bravery now because it's new and it's Supercell :zomg
Go check out Magi, Phio..just because of the ending song :3c
but it's a pretty good anime like many have said!

...wait a second! You haven't told me what you think of valentine yet :mono
Me too! The piano cover for Namae was just.. gorgeous in every way possible. *__* Currently addicted to The Bravery now, listening to it few times a day. But I have to pass the anime, thank you, have too much going on already. XD

And I didn't tell you because I have no plan yet. :oh

Actually, the korea drama deviated a lot from the original, and made up it's own plotlines too. So idk if it would be enjoyable as an adaption.
Oh, didn't know this. I don't read the manga so wouldn't know how far it deviated or whether it's bad or not, but to me personally the drama was enjoyable.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Mask.

Actually, the korea drama deviated a lot from the original, and made up it's own plotlines too. So idk if it would be enjoyable as an adaption.
Do you know where I can read it completed? It's still uh..ongoing in mangareader.
Nah I won't be checking that one out. Erm try Batoto; not sure about it there myself but they should have it complete..or well as complete as it got( the series never ended/ was never completed)


Ah no, when I meant I can't stand FT, I meant the manga.
The FT Anime is one of the better shounen adaptions if you toss aside the first few 20 episodes with the childish approach and magic circles. After that, it speeds up and gave many of its fight scenes justice.
Only downside? The terrible censorship. Ah but I don't find them censoring the fanservice :p
Ahh well the manga is some I read casually; not overly attached to it. As for the anime I've checked out some of those fights; Laxus vs Natsu/ Gildarts vs Bluenote/ FT vs Hades. You mean they censor the fanservice in the anime? :o

Once again...no one knows what Oda is going to do next :darn
That's why it's epic shizz. :hip

That's kinda like me :hip
I guess I'm not that kind that spends my time with mediocre stuffs where the anime is taking forever to get it's message across.
I'm the kind that drops things easily...yep, everything from Ghibli is quality...which is incredible when you think about it.
Same reasons here. Yep its so amazing to think of the number of quality animes it's produced over the years; nearly all of them are known and are hits. Do you have a favourite or favourites?

Oh, is it good? I think I've heard about it. It's been forever since I watched an American TV Series.
Yep it's very good, you should check it out. It's quite long though; hour episodes and 5 seasons :amuse

Haha okay, you can always tell me your thoughts when you finished :D
Don't wait on it though lol.
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
...and if they don't :oh ?
Then it'll be time to bring the pain. :ck

I'll deal with them in a respectable way, obviously. :oh

It was just 4 people :D so yep, more of an intimate gathering. Yours? 20 dishes sounds like it would be a lot of people :lmao
Ooh, I see. Just your immediate family? :D
As for mine, it was with about 12 people or so. 20+ dishes was overkill. :arf Delicious overkill. :arf

That is if we are assuming we will get married soon :teehee
Ah, is that how it goes for you? :blink My mum says that I stop getting red packets once I get a decent job. :XD

Wow, you'll be spending quite some time in china, have tons of fun :^_^
COMECOMECOME TO SINGAPORE!!1
but to be honest, it's pretty much like Shanghai :lmao with more nature in it.
But the time feels so short. :scry BUY ALL THE STUFF!! :allthe
I will!!! :zomg I've been to Changi airport a couple of times when I flew with Singapore airlines, but that's pretty much it. I WANNA ACTUALLY GO TO THE CITY AND STUFF. :scry
Oooh, you've been to Shanghai? :XD

Oh I never heard of Jeju island :sweat how was Seoul? The people?
What phio said. :XD Yeah, it's very tourist-y. It would've been better if I went in Summer or any time warmer, though.
Seoul... was cold. :oh It was snowing!!! :zomg Had a couple of snowball fights, but then I ended up catching a cold. I went with a tour group, so we only went to the tourist shopping areas... It would be nice to go to where the locals go. :XD

Checked my wallet and bank account...
...
....
.....:(
:comfort
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Anyone tried canoeing. IT'S SO EXHAUSTING.
Felt like I took forever to reply. SOZ!
When watching Korean dramas I think I hear people mentioning Jeju Island as tourism place or somewhere calm to visit in holidays. :XD
I generally avoid korea stuff because I am really childish :oh not really, because everyone is into korea stuff and I am not interested and don't want to be a part of it.
Even when I keep saying I'll read Noblesse I never actually did started(only read 2 chapts) because you know, it's korea.
Now I realized that it is discriminating.
Buuuut, still can't bring myself to do it. I know, it's pretty awful.
This is a confession btw.


Me too! The piano cover for Namae was just.. gorgeous in every way possible. *__* Currently addicted to The Bravery now, listening to it few times a day. But I have to pass the anime, thank you, have too much going on already. XD
Haha okay! Do you like All Alone With You? I like Namae more :XD

And I didn't tell you because I have no plan yet. :oh
How was v-day? Heheh, I feel like I'm really badgering you about vday now. Even tho it was long over :gwah



Oh, didn't know this. I don't read the manga so wouldn't know how far it deviated or whether it's bad or not, but to me personally the drama was enjoyable.
Probably because of the main lead....:teehee

Nah I won't be checking that one out. Erm try Batoto; not sure about it there myself but they should have it complete..or well as complete as it got( the series never ended/ was never completed)
Alright thanks! I'll be spending my train rides with this!




Ahh well the manga is some I read casually; not overly attached to it. As for the anime I've checked out some of those fights; Laxus vs Natsu/ Gildarts vs Bluenote/ FT vs Hades. You mean they censor the fanservice in the anime? :o
Was it you? I remember that you had some fairy tail avy/sigs(cats) sets so I always thought you were a fan.

That's why it's epic shizz. :hip
:hip


Same reasons here. Yep its so amazing to think of the number of quality animes it's produced over the years; nearly all of them are known and are hits. Do you have a favourite or favourites?
Grave of fireflies. Simply because it was a classic and believe me, it was the first animated movie that made me cry when I was a child.
My chinese teacher, who was an anime freak(I knew after I graduated), had to show us that movie even when we were just kids and made a lot of us cry. Heck, I remember there was this girl(chinese) that hated the japanese because of world war 2. Well, that movie changed her view. I'm not sure about her now but she cried like heck during one of the memorable parts.
Spirited Away was amazing too, with all the themes in it that I couldn't catch until the second watchthrough.


Yep it's very good, you should check it out. It's quite long though; hour episodes and 5 seasons :amuse
Alright, I'll give it a go when I'm in the mood for a marathon :D


Then it'll be time to bring the pain. :ck


I'll deal with them in a respectable way, obviously. :oh
:lmao Okay I guess.




Ooh, I see. Just your immediate family? :D
As for mine, it was with about 12 people or so. 20+ dishes was overkill. :arf Delicious overkill. :arf
15 days had passed since CNY! So are you finally home?




But the time feels so short. :scry BUY ALL THE STUFF!! :allthe
I will!!! :zomg I've been to Changi airport a couple of times when I flew with Singapore airlines, but that's pretty much it. I WANNA ACTUALLY GO TO THE CITY AND STUFF. :scry
Oooh, you've been to Shanghai? :XD
Ugh, I want to shop too. Especially in places like shanghai.
Nope, I see in a lot in dramas :p It's mostly...buildings everywhere right? It's beautiful at night. Are you coming to sg/planning to?



What phio said. :XD Yeah, it's very tourist-y. It would've been better if I went in Summer or any time warmer, though.
Seoul... was cold. :oh It was snowing!!! :zomg Had a couple of snowball fights, but then I ended up catching a cold. I went with a tour group, so we only went to the tourist shopping areas... It would be nice to go to where the locals go. :XD
Eh, it's pretty difficult to go into a country and just go into a place where the locals go.
Tourists that come into sg rarely ever step foot into where I live :scry and all they go is those places where the costs are RIDICULOSUSAIBAI
yeah, if you ever come into sg I can tell you or bring you all the places that are fantastic!



Thank you! But I will never give up on my dream of at least spending a month in Japan :nod. ONE DAY I WILL SAVE/WORK SO MUCH and go there :^_^
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Alright thanks! I'll be spending my train rides with this!
Oh? where are you going?

Was it you? I remember that you had some fairy tail avy/sigs(cats) sets so I always thought you were a fan.
I am, don't get me wrong. But those sets were more because of cuteness than trying to promote the manga or anything. :blush

Grave of fireflies. Simply because it was a classic and believe me, it was the first animated movie that made me cry when I was a child.
My chinese teacher, who was an anime freak(I knew after I graduated), had to show us that movie even when we were just kids and made a lot of us cry. Heck, I remember there was this girl(chinese) that hated the japanese because of world war 2. Well, that movie changed her view. I'm not sure about her now but she cried like heck during one of the memorable parts.
Spirited Away was amazing too, with all the themes in it that I couldn't catch until the second watchthrough.
I never did finish watching Grave of the Fireflies :gwah Oh crap....


Alright, I'll give it a go when I'm in the mood for a marathon :D
:super
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I generally avoid korea stuff because I am really childish :oh not really, because everyone is into korea stuff and I am not interested and don't want to be a part of it.
Even when I keep saying I'll read Noblesse I never actually did started(only read 2 chapts) because you know, it's korea.
Now I realized that it is discriminating.
Buuuut, still can't bring myself to do it. I know, it's pretty awful.
This is a confession btw.
You have no idea how much I understand that. Exactly my case with BlackBerry. :teehee

Haha okay! Do you like All Alone With You? I like Namae more :XD
I have to say I prefer Namae no Nai Kaibutsu, and on top of it I like The Bravery better actually. But the way All Alone With You is combined with PP's ending lately is just way too awesome that I can't ignore the song. T_T

How was v-day? Heheh, I feel like I'm really badgering you about vday now. Even tho it was long over :gwah
Nothing much, was just another normal day due to business. :p You?

Probably because of the main lead....:teehee
LOL~ Look here, Lee Min Ho is indeed hot but even he wouldn't be able to make a series so awesome if the plot itself wasn't awesome in the beginning. :D
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
:lmao Okay I guess.
Ya know it, bro. :hip

15 days had passed since CNY! So are you finally home?
Yep, I've been home since the 19th. Orientation week for my uni started on the 26th, and classes start on the 4th. Goodbye, my three month holiday. :scry

Ugh, I want to shop too. Especially in places like shanghai.
Nope, I see in a lot in dramas :p It's mostly...buildings everywhere right? It's beautiful at night. Are you coming to sg/planning to?
Dem cheap(-er than usual) prices. :hurr Though since I went to Shanghai during CNY, most of the owners of the stores went back to their hometowns to celebrate, and didn't resume business until after I left. :gwah If you want to shop, don't go during CNY. :oh

Haha, indeed. :XD Pudong's skyline is so well known, though not so much Puxi...
In the near future, hopefully. :zomg I should probably come during July instead of December/January, right? :XD

Eh, it's pretty difficult to go into a country and just go into a place where the locals go.
Tourists that come into sg rarely ever step foot into where I live :scry and all they go is those places where the costs are RIDICULOSUSAIBAI
yeah, if you ever come into sg I can tell you or bring you all the places that are fantastic!
I'll find myself a friend who's a local in the place I want to visit, then make them take me to all the awesome places. :muahaha
Haha, even when I go to Shanghai, my friend and I just go to the well known high-end tourist shopping areas. When my cousin (who's a local) went back to Shanghai, she took me to so many nice and cheap places. :zomg
You do that! :wtf I'll be counting on you.

Thank you! But I will never give up on my dream of at least spending a month in Japan :nod. ONE DAY I WILL SAVE/WORK SO MUCH and go there :^_^
Start saving!! :cheerbunny I should start saving too... :gwah
What are you planning to do in Japan?

---------- Post added March 13, 2013 at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was February 28, 2013 at 11:13 PM ----------

*:modsmack*

So tell me... As a Singaporean, do you know who Michelle Chong is? (Without googling)
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Oh? where are you going?
Oh everywhere. I just meant that I love reading manga on the go all the time especially when I board the transit to other parts of the country.



I am, don't get me wrong. But those sets were more because of cuteness than trying to promote the manga or anything. :blush
I dropped ft after last week's chapter :sweat I couldn't stand reading it anymore.



I never did finish watching Grave of the Fireflies :gwah Oh crap....
You should, it's a real..teary tale :(


You have no idea how much I understand that. Exactly my case with BlackBerry. :teehee
That reminds me...I need a new phone :gwah



I have to say I prefer Namae no Nai Kaibutsu, and on top of it I like The Bravery better actually. But the way All Alone With You is combined with PP's ending lately is just way too awesome that I can't ignore the song. T_T
The full ver of The Bravery and All Alone is out! It was so nice to listen to them back to back and Out Of Control was out too :p



Nothing much, was just another normal day due to business. :p You?
Same actually. I just love to dramatize special days.



LOL~ Look here, Lee Min Ho is indeed hot but even he wouldn't be able to make a series so awesome if the plot itself wasn't awesome in the beginning. :D
Heheh, so the plot was primary? I always thought the reason City Hunter peaked was because of the beautiful mc :teehee

Yep, I've been home since the 19th. Orientation week for my uni started on the 26th, and classes start on the 4th. Goodbye, my three month holiday. :scry
:bye
actually :bye to mine too.
classes start on the next 10th for me. WHEEEEE...:squee





Dem cheap(-er than usual) prices. :hurr Though since I went to Shanghai during CNY, most of the owners of the stores went back to their hometowns to celebrate, and didn't resume business until after I left. :gwah If you want to shop, don't go during CNY. :oh
All the shops here were closed during CNY too :XD



I'll find myself a friend who's a local in the place I want to visit, then make them take me to all the awesome places. :muahaha
Haha, even when I go to Shanghai, my friend and I just go to the well known high-end tourist shopping areas. When my cousin (who's a local) went back to Shanghai, she took me to so many nice and cheap places. :zomg
You do that! :wtf I'll be counting on you.
Just drop me a message when you're coming over, I'm always at your service ma'am :nod


Start saving!! :cheerbunny I should start saving too... :gwah
What are you planning to do in Japan?
SHOOOOOOP.
and EAAAAAT
and BULLEEEET TRAINS
and SAKURA VIEWINGGGG
and SHOOOOP AGAIN.
Rinse and repeat :zomg

---------- Post added March 13, 2013 at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was February 28, 2013 at 11:13 PM ----------

OW!
:arf
So tell me... As a Singaporean, do you know who Michelle Chong is? (Without googling)
yeah. I didn't google...for real!
actually there's two famous michelles over here so I did google

What about her? She's that famous lady that always jumps around from our english series to our chinese dramas and she's hosting stuffs here and there.
Never saw her in person tho.
I know she's also a part-comedian :lmao.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Oh everywhere. I just meant that I love reading manga on the go all the time especially when I board the transit to other parts of the country.
I don't travel much within the country, so I can only read at home or if I take a walk somewhere and sit in the park but the weather right now doesn't allow the latter. I should really travel more around the UK.



I dropped ft after last week's chapter :sweat I couldn't stand reading it anymore.
I saw your post there. I don't blame you but I had since stopped taking FT seriously, it's just a manga I read for the lulz and to see where it could do. Nothing I see there can upset me or surprise me anymore.


You should, it's a real..teary tale :(
I'll try and get around to it very soon. In the middle of watching Minami-ke; I love this series :XD
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
That reminds me...I need a new phone :gwah
My phone fell from table few days ago. Nowadays it doesn't let me receive messages properly, and it restarts itself once in a while.

I've already started nagging my mom for Samsung Galaxy S3, lol. Or is it a bad choice?

The full ver of The Bravery and All Alone is out! It was so nice to listen to them back to back and Out Of Control was out too :p
Sooo good. I can listen to The Bravery at least three times a day. Become a big fan of supercell lately, listening to their songs non-stop, as well as checking some other singers too, haha.

Heheh, so the plot was primary? I always thought the reason City Hunter peaked was because of the beautiful mc :teehee
I think I knew the plot first before knowing that LMH played there. Well, all the more reason for me to watch it. :teehee
 
Top