The Bravery

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Looks like someone's enjoying Twitter a lot lately. :derp
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Finally I'm responding :arf I'm very sorry for the late reply Zel =/

Firstly, thank you narunii. I want to say this and mean it, but I think you are a really wise guy and I'm glad that you're an educator. I mean, almost everything you say about me is pretty spot on and I needed this, and needed the amv too because I've been on a low this few days.
While it is true that there are people that are good at certain things and being stronger at them than others which I think that I have too.

But when I go out there, there are people who are better than me and are especially proud of their strengths. I can't find myself being as good or as confident in myself sometimes even with what you said. It's a competitive world out there. You need to be worth something in order for people to notice you. I guess it would be alright if I am contented with what I have...but I'm just not, at this moment.
I guess if I'm not as good...I need to get off my lazy ass.
Aww, thanks a lot! I guess I'm not that stupid but you aren't either ;) Sometimes it's way more easier to notice someone else's strengths (or weak points) than your own, that's why it's always the best choice to talk about your worries and thoughts. I really hope you're better now.

The thing is, aren't there always people who are better at some things than you? That's only natural and can't be changed, but it's nothing to feel bad about either. Maybe you are/were down because you felt their strengths are more appreciated by others? I know that I often felt envy when seeing people who can easily form a bond even to a random person, meaning that they are pretty much liked by everyone. This trait has it's ups and downs but can make your childhood a lot more easy. Now I did work on becoming more comfortable/friendly with people I barely know, until the point where I was comfortable with the change - that doesn't mean I changed to the point where I could easily befriend everyone but to a point where I felt it was okay. I still think I don't need to befriend everyone and heck, I will admit that I definitely won't become someone who's as open and kind to everyone as some of my friends are but that's okay. What matters to me is that you're happy with yourself and not trying to make others happy. Ofc making others happy shouldn't be ignored either, friends are a very important thing in life, but there's no point in trying to change forcefully only because of others. Change as much as you're comfortable with, otherwise people will notice you're not yourself sooner or later anyway.

Okay that turned out pretty long :XD Anway, just like you said, it's a matter of will. If you really want to change, then go and do it as long as you're comfortable with it. I don't know you in person but you definitely should be more confident, honestly. From what I know, you're a great guy, so believe in your strenghts and work on your weaknesses. Easier said than done but I know you have the will :nod Feeling down and depressed won't help anyone


Just not good enough. It's not enough for me to even convince myself that it's something that is a strong trait. Maybe it's about my expectations which might be too high for myself, but I'm not someone that can allow myself to get confident because of some things I have that when compared to the world, are very small achievements.
Compared to the world? lol, isn't nearly everything small compared to the world? What do you expect from yourself? Make a great invention, become a popstar, travel to Mars? For all I care there's no reason why I should feel down because what I achieved or have is so much smaller compared to others. Sure, I wouldn't mind achieving something big. It's a man's/woman's dream to change the world XD Still most of us never achieve that. Is that a reason to feel inferior? If you ask me, absolutely not. Live your own life. Looking at others won't help you with anything, you have to follow your own dreams and beliefs. And if your dreams are too big to achieve than that's it. Sounds harsh but that's life, you can't get everything you want. What matters to me is that you're content with the things you have and that you give/gave it your all. Yes, if you try something as hard as you can it's harsh when you fail but I prefer to try and fail than to drown in sorrow because I feel like I'm just a worm compared to others. If you try and actually succeed that's great and if not, okay. Accept who you are, that's the first step to realize what you want and what you're good (and not so good) at, afterwards things will get a lot more easier.

Maybe others disagree with me but at least no one can tell me I didn't try and gave it my all. Doing nothing is the only thing one should regret, at least that's my opinion.

This really hits home and it's really true narunii. Thanks, it's a truth that I need.
Glad I could help Zel. I wasn't sure how you would take it at first (like I was getting too personal) but that's just like what I mentioned above, some things can only be achieved through taking risks.

AWESOME SHITZ. I NEED TO WATCH NEW HXH NOW..SOON.
I HOPE YOU WATCHED IT BY NOW. EPIC STUFF :arf
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
^ DAT TEXT WALL. :sexyarf

I see you lurkin' thar. :shifty
Are you alive?? :cookiearf
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
yes i just...lazy to post...such a ...lazy...ass now....
i've..changed into a lazy ass.
HOWRU
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
I know dat feel, bro. :comfort

Hm, alright I suppose. :XD Uni started this week, so it's back to less anime more "studying". :emocat How have you been doing?
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
I know dat feel, bro. :comfort

Hm, alright I suppose. :XD Uni started this week, so it's back to less anime more "studying". :emocat How have you been doing?
you know when you feel alright its hard for me to keep the convo going, make up some drama or exaggerate stuff bro
nah jk its alright im also alright.
not really.
so many late nights im dying so many projects :emocat
Anime, what is that I don't even have time..i only watch like two series now.
Oh sorry for the rant.
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
you know when you feel alright its hard for me to keep the convo going, make up some drama or exaggerate stuff bro
nah jk its alright im also alright.
not really.
so many late nights im dying so many projects :emocat
Anime, what is that I don't even have time..i only watch like two series now.
Oh sorry for the rant.
:gwah :gwah :gwah You certainly don't sound alright. :gwah
What kind of projects are you doing?
Which series?
RANT ALL YOU WANT! :sexyarf
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
:gwah :gwah :gwah You certainly don't sound alright. :gwah
What kind of projects are you doing?
Which series?
RANT ALL YOU WANT! :sexyarf

Yeah I feel zombie.
General education, Management of Business...all those business stuff :sigh
tomorrow is the deadline and it looks like late night today again .
all projects deadlines end next wednesday but then I have to study for the upcoming sem exams
but I have no idea where to start cos i think the lessons lost me at chapt 4 and they are now at chapt 10.
Exams in 2 weeks, deadline in 1. omg.
RANT ALL YOU WANT! :sexyarf
that felt good.
thanksss
Oh im watching toaru S and shingeki
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
What's up?
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
What's up?
Lack of sleep :scry ...hey riki this might be random but am I childish if after 10 years I remembered my childhood dream and then suddenly have
the dream of becoming a pilot even if it is completely not in anyway related in the course I'm taking now? Maybe I was inspired by this drama about pilots like
my mum said.

But the feeling of being above the clouds...

you must be thinking why is zeltrax posting something so weird eh
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
:comfort

I think people have those types of dreams from time to time. Maybe it's because you're nostalgic and think of what could have been? I dunno.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
*revived*

Hey, what's up? :)
 
Top