Manhwa - The Breaker by Geuk-Jin Jeon and Jin-Hwan Park | Page 56 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Manhwa The Breaker by Geuk-Jin Jeon and Jin-Hwan Park

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Almost there.. I'm curious what season 3 is going to focus on.

I hope we're going to get another season focusing on Shioon. My worst fear is that we jump of the timeskip into like a new character or more focus on 9AD. After, New Waves I'm pretty much all in on Shioon.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Breaker.... Back in March!? Its, its, its been.... years! Better not be a troll.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I’m still hoping for the Shinmuginpe (sp?)

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Breaker.... Back in March!? Its, its, its been.... years! Better not be a troll.

I’m still hoping for the Shinmuginpe (sp?)
It is not a troll. They seem to be on target for what they announced last fall. Trinity Wonder Season 3 is over. There was break in december as they were buying a house and such. From there on the focus is Breaker Season 3. With a target date of around March. Though I'm not sure March is set in stone as it sounds to me like that's kind of just the ballpark they are aiming for.

mup

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
i know it feel like a lie but it true hopefully we see a ch around march

i should re read the breaker pretty soon

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Oh man i forgot nearly everything about breakers. I remember new waves was a bit of a disappointment though.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh man i forgot nearly everything about breakers. I remember new waves was a bit of a disappointment though.
There is something wrong with your memory because New Waves was great!:nah

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
There is something wrong with your memory because New Waves was great
May be lol, But i think there was a political fiasco within Murim that happened which i was like meh, and they made his teacher to be evil which i didnt like.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
May be lol, But i think there was a political fiasco within Murim that happened which i was like meh, and they made his teacher to be evil which i didnt like.
That's fair, I suppose.

I love it. Not saying it was perfect but the way it built Shioon out to be the head of a clan then explored and expanded that idea I found really interesting and enjoyable. Far more so than even the first season which was very much an "anti-hero power fantasy guy mentors kindhearted bullied kid" story. Which, to it's credit, I think is easily one of the best versions of that story. But the way the story expanded to something bigger while maintaining that personal feel is something that I adored.

In fact my only real gripe with it was that I thought it held on a little too tightly to 9AD toward the end.

Don't get me wrong I like the idea of bringing him in as an villain. It's a pretty interesting thing to have Shioon become a the head of a clan and make real attachments in that world and then have his former teacher show up, with a Sasuke level vengeance boner, and become a threat them. What I felt was unfortunate was the background weirdness with all of that. How his memories were all weird. And the evil backers. Just didn't feel like that was necessary and it might have been better if it was just simply 9AD conspiring to destroy the Mirum.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
One thing this series does very effectively.... it’s characters are not fixed in their roles! A character may be a friend in this arc, but a couple of arcs later be your enemy.... or vice-versa. It’s not just 9AD either. How about Elder Kwon from the Sunwoo that died to protect Shioon, a couple of arcs earlier he was going to kill him himself for the benefit of the Sunwoo. Or how about that creepy leader of the biker gang who helps Shioon in key moments? He didn’t start out as a friend.

The story develops in unexpected ways, and I love the way it surprises you.

Last edited:

mup

Reaction score
Country
United States
i hope they continue were the story left off Shioon training the tournament i want to see

WEERG

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Hope there will be news soon the Noblesse just finished and need the Breaker to come back come on authors bring us good news

Eracuel

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Update: There was a new blog post from the author. The construction of the house is finished, he will do his best to prepare the manuscript for The Breaker Season 3!

He does not know where and when will it be released yet. He asks for patience, and promised to come back with good news soon.

That's all for now folks.

Oh I forgot to include the link to his blog post, so HERE.

Go check out his nice new home, and the work in progress for S3. :))

Reactions: mup

mup

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you the news is It a bit disappointing oh well i lasted 3 years i could last another

Last edited:

Eracuel

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Thank you the news is It a bit disappointing oh well i lasted 3 years i could last another
Yes, I completely agree with you. The only thing what makes me a bit annoyed is that, while they are making the manuscripst for Breaker 3, he is working with two other artistst on their new series. This could end up with a massive delay of TB, if not putting it away for a year or two again...

djimbey

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
One thing this series does very effectively.... it’s characters are not fixed in their roles! A character may be a friend in this arc, but a couple of arcs later be your enemy.... or vice-versa. It’s not just 9AD either. How about Elder Kwon from the Sunwoo that died to protect Shioon, a couple of arcs earlier he was going to kill him himself for the benefit of the Sunwoo. Or how about that creepy leader of the biker gang who helps Shioon in key moments? He didn’t start out as a friend.

The story develops in unexpected ways, and I love the way it surprises you.
Lol what. Any senen manga have same plot. Are u ok man?

And season 2 was rly bad. Stupidply unreasonable action after chapter 100. Protagonist of the series a crying little girl with power. He is not even a luffy or naruto he is useless. BECAUSE OF HIM, diyng Kwon just for copying
final scene from 1st season LOLLOLOLO. Authors just dont khow what to do with it, and just stole one of the best rage in manga history from 9AD

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lol what. Any senen manga have same plot. Are u ok man?

And season 2 was rly bad. Stupidply unreasonable action after chapter 100. Protagonist of the series a crying little girl with power. He is not even a luffy or naruto he is useless. BECAUSE OF HIM, diyng Kwon just for copying
final scene from 1st season LOLLOLOLO. Authors just dont khow what to do with it, and just stole one of the best rage in manga history from 9AD
Strongly disagree. To the point I feel like we didn't even read the same manhwa.:errr

Like Wowzers was saying the shift in roles was really well done. I especially liked how Shioon went from very much the blindly loyal student with absolute faith in his master to expanding that world view and becoming something much broader. The rippling effects of that really drove the series in a way I enjoyed.

Last edited:

WEERG

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
do we actually have to wait another year or more, i give up on the breaker at this point the authors taking the piss, starting new series while he has to finish breaker part 3 and he still yet to finish that other series which i seen a post of claiming to have been finished as well arghh koreans man never fucking finish anything feels like the breaker if going down the same road veritas went so disappointing waited for so god damn long to be let down. sorry for the anger and swearing just can't be helped.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
do we actually have to wait another year or more, i give up on the breaker at this point the authors taking the piss, starting new series while he has to finish breaker part 3 and he still yet to finish that other series which i seen a post of claiming to have been finished as well arghh koreans man never fucking finish anything feels like the breaker if going down the same road veritas went so disappointing waited for so god damn long to be let down. sorry for the anger and swearing just can't be helped.
Another year? Where did you get that? No, they are working on Breaker right now supposedly. Not sure how long it will take them to get the groundwork done but last I heard they are working on it.

And if you think this is bad... don't read Berserk.

Seriously, at least these guys let their audience know what's going on. 51 Chapter in 10 years. Good ol' Miura.:kappa

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well, how about that work ethic! I’ve seen that chart before and it always impresses me.
It also reminds me that I have to sit down and binge last years chapters... and there are only 7...
... and the chart indicates one of them was released twice!?

Maybe I should change to once a decade reading?
Hmmm... I wonder if I can find a calendar that covers an entire decade that I can write that date in.

Oh well, if you are tired of waiting for the next chapter of a series you like... do something else!
Read another story, heck, write another story! Show these slow writers how it’s done!

Or do something completely different... get married and have kids... and use their graduation dates as your binge-reminder date.

Last edited:

Eracuel

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Another year? Where did you get that? No, they are working on Breaker right now supposedly. Not sure how long it will take them to get the groundwork done but last I heard they are working on it.

And if you think this is bad... don't read Berserk.

Seriously, at least these guys let their audience know what's going on. 51 Chapter in 10 years. Good ol' Miura.:kappa
The last blog post of the authors (our artist-nim) stated, that while waiting for the manuscript of the Breaker S3, he is working with two other authors on their new series. This could end up (hypothetically) in a delay of The Breaker, as I doubt he can do three series at the same time...heck he was struggling with even one.