The Character Thread

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
8,295
Reaction score
258
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
^___^
We have many perfectionists among the writers (and drawers). :3
Yes, Ichigo's Bankai would be suitable.

Carmel coloured hair, interesting. <3
 

Raijatsu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
62
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
well I'm not just a perfectionist I'm also an perfectionist without talent XD
I have an excact imagination of magier in my head but I can't even Ink it the way I want it (partly due tue inaccurate pen toll of photoshop) but the portrait looks nice (at least on papre XD) magier splattered in blood licking it from her fingers with a faint smile and big (but reflectionless) eyes looking right at ya ^^
 

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
8,295
Reaction score
258
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Wow...blood is always good *_*


Lalalala~~ another random fanstory pic. maybe it can be something like an extra for one of the volumes (3 or 4, I would recommand). The strange thing in the middle is a broken heart, just to clarify this. person on the picture: Zeran (top left corner), Riena (right bottom corner), Magier, Jaques, Stephanie (top right corner), Tabby (upper half, right) and last bot not least: Lione (the little guy in the back, almost in the middle).

http://img456.imageshack.us/my.php?image=allcx6.jpg
 
Last edited:

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
such a cool pic!!!
 

rosalefay

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2007
Messages
131
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Wow! So pretty!
 

Raijatsu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
62
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
sinished magier protrait for the id page ^^ well I need to ad some highlits in the hair but thats nr problem :)

 

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
8,295
Reaction score
258
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
You're so good in colouring. How do you do this? Any programm you can recommend?
arghs, unfortunately the pic is so tiny >_<
 

Raijatsu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
62
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
sorry for the size...
uhm recommend a programm...
basically Photoshop is very good for colouring ^^ browse deviantart for tutorials (I have some among my favorites just go on my page ^^)
for this one I used open canvas and simply used airbrush on a low opacity to get nice gradients... that programm is good aswell but you need to get used to it bc it accurately simulates stuff like oil, pencil and acryl

corel painter x is for pros who do real paintings aswell. you need a lot of training for that

but actually it's all a choice of colour. a too light one can't be highlighted very vell a too dark one can hardly be shaded ^^

I'm doing colourings for about a year now (proud member of Isane, bleach colourings ^^) so I can be considered advanced although I'm still not very good compaired to this crazy (meant positive) guys like dynamic dragon


oh a tablett is a nice addition but NOT necessary to colour
 
Last edited:

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
8,295
Reaction score
258
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Okay...
Thanks for the piece of advice, Rai ^__^.


This is my first attempt trying to colour a picture drawn by me. It's halfway done. I hope it looks good so far

 
Last edited:

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
nice coloration, magier! are you sure this isn't your first time? :amuse
 

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
8,295
Reaction score
258
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Haha, yeah I am sure. I've been vectoring for some months now but this is really the first time I painted a picture drawn by me with hand (aka the mouse). So, first time colouring like this....with the use of pen-tool.
 

Raijatsu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
62
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
yeah that pretty good ^^
I like the style and the choice of coloures
a looot better than my first colouring ^^
 

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
8,295
Reaction score
258
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Thanks a lot, Rai. I love Lione's hair <3
 

Raijatsu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
62
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
yeah the hair is nice ^^ I'm more the strands type but I know from my own days using a mouse it's hard to nearly impossible to do them <-<
maybe with some terrible pentool usage but seriously... who has the pasciense to do that?


abother of the mager series (stay tuned for... Stephaniex2 ^^)
schwarze krähe, sorry i think I understood it wrong ^^
somehow I can't draw handsproperly ... thats strange because I was always good at this while being in school in the art lessons...

 
Last edited:

tune

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2006
Messages
409
Reaction score
3
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
great colouring magier !! :D which brush did you use with lione's hair?

drawing hands is something i'm bad at too >< especially when it comes to the anatomy of the muscles in a grip position... looking at your own hand in the pose and drawing according to the angle helps though :)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/junying/magier.jpg
just a thought of magier going kamikaze... she wants to cream zeran doesn't she... ><!
 

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
8,295
Reaction score
258
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Great, great drawings. I love Magier being surrounded by crows. And I love the dress she wears in yours, tune ^_^.
"looking at your own hand in the pose and drawing according to the angle" <- that's sth I am doing always when drawing.

Which brush did I use for his hair, etou *thinks* dry/hard brush for pentool, something like that, I am using the German version of photoshop that's why I cannot tell exactly.
 

Raijatsu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
62
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
okay my first attempt to sketch stephaniex2
pretty hard to make them look like twins so i decided for different expressions ^^
I'm gonna ink and colour it nicely after my psychology test tomorrow ^_^
 

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
8,295
Reaction score
258
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
It looks good for your first attempt, Rai.

Psychology...cooooool *_*. But I thought that you study chemistry?
 

Raijatsu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
62
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
it's lehramt magier ^^ (for non gemans I'm going to be a teacher ^^) for chemestry and math....

teachers need to learn one semester psychology XC
it sucks bc it's only learning by heart with a multible choice test at the end...
no one gets more than a 3 (for americans a C) in the end

thanks ^^ the more I looks at it the more I like the pic XD normally I only see the dozens of mistakes but this time I only see what I like XD
 
Last edited:

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
8,295
Reaction score
258
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
:offtopic

Aaaaaah~~ sounds interesting. Wanna teach me in math then ^^ ?
 
Top