The ComradeLewis Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The ComradeLewis Thread

ComradeLewis

Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Howdy!

I'm currently working on the "Wicked Cupid" series, also known as "Tende Showaru Cupid," by Yoshihiro Togashi. Yoshihiro Togashi is better known for his work on Yu Yu Hakusho. The manga is different from what you would expect from his other work; it focuses more on comical dialogue and raunchy splash screens. That alone wouldn't normally keep my interest, but Ryuji is absolutely halarious when he goes on about his fantasy world and his notion of an ideal woman.

I would also like to voice my thanks to [USER]Nensense[/USER] for suggesting the series.

My main reason for posting my work here is to bring attention to it, so that some kind soul(s) would take an interest in cleaning and/or typesetting the series. It would be such a shame to put hours of work into something you love, just to have no one ever enjoy the finished product, right?

That said, I would absolutely love anyone that reads my translations to comment about them. Whether you have a criticism, comment, question, or just want to talk about it, I would love to hear it.

Thanks.

Here you can find a link to my translations that need typesetting on MangaHelpers:

Here are links to my translations elsewhere:

Last edited:

Loldiz

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I'm a big fan of Togashi and would be a pleasure help you with this. And also a way to thank you for help me that day. I'm still not able to say how good is you translation, but i have experience in edit mangas and you can count on me for the Clean and Typeset!

Last edited:

ComradeLewis

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Cool. That sounds good.

It's taken me a few weeks of fumbling around trying to figure out how this website is suppose to work. I still can't figure out how they expect someone to check a translation without a RAW available. I also thought it was a bit strange that a translator's first 5 translations would not be made public for a year, apparently. I guess linking and self promotion are the only way to get something done around here.

ComradeLewis

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Added a new chapter of Wicked Cupid (CH. 3).

I've also finished a drop list for Gundam Breaker if anyone here is interested in the PS3/Vita game. However, I'll probably focus more on manga now that that project is finished enough for people to play the game.

On a side note, they really don't make games that are half way as interesting as any given book or manga anymore. Perhaps I am just playing the wrong ones, who knows... That said, I have recently realized that I have severely overlooked almost all JRPGS on the PS3. I am curious if Eternal Sonata and Atelier Totori are any good.

Have a good day!

---------- Post added November 14, 2013 at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was November 12, 2013 at 06:56 AM ----------

Hey, that was fast! Another chapter done, and only a few remaining in the first volume.

Don't mind me, just drumming up interest here!

How do you like my new avatar? I figured I should support the artist. For those of you following along, that's what Ryuji's true nature looks like, when he's not off daydreaming about fairies and the like. Hang in there Ryuji, we are rooting for you!

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Before I ever started translating the series, I Photoshopped the cover of volume 1. I'm not much of a photo editor, but I thought it would be fun to share.

Yoshihiro Togashi left us something to read about him on the cover page. Would you like to give it a read? I am not the artist, so if you don't like his picture, your going to have to take it up with him!

"Eeek!! Set me free~. Despite hearing that "You'll have every Wednesday off," and "You can make a lot of money," I never though a weekly serialization would be this intense!! But, I am submissivly happy! Living off of toons is not something I thought would have happened until 3 years ago. There is really nothing to regret... well, I have to pay back my loans... and I have to go on a diet... and I need sleep...
bullet: Appearing in Weekly Shonen Jump #32-40, 1989." -Translated by ComradeLewis

Rica_Patin

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thanks so much for this again!

ComradeLewis

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Chapter 5 is out. I'm hoping that exposes my work to the general community. For those of you that don't know, translators are considered to be on trial basis for 4 translations. Apparently, that means that their work is relegated to an obscure page/graveyard until the translator produces a 5th work. Although the page for translations of this series has yet to update, stating that there are translations available, I'm hoping that is resolved shortly.

Cheers!