Life The Drinks Drank Drunk Thread

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
the best thing to do to avoid the hangover is too drink loads o'water before passing out/goin' to sleep, well atleast for me it is, works every single time I remember to do it :D
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
the best thing to do to avoid the hangover is too drink loads o'water before passing out/goin' to sleep, well atleast for me it is, works every single time I remember to do it :D
Usually when I drink lots of water (specially cold water) when about to hangover makes me throw up minutes later. It doesnt happen only to me, many ppl do. I rather the hangover in those situations :P If I really need to throw up then I drink olive oil, its the fastest and most effective way to do it ;P
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,274
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I don't know why, but I never really had hangovers. Not even after my worst drinking nights. No headaches or anything the next day.

My guess is because it's 'cause I've got Welsh blood. I did usually feel pretty unclean and a bit bleary-eyed, though.
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
well the unclean usually comes from not takin a shower after runnin around all night drinkin, i mean when ya go at it for 6-12 hours you're bound to break a sweat. :D

right, well, all i say applies to me, i have not done any research on anyone else nor have i sent out any questionnaires. (gotta get the legal stuff right)
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I also rarely have hangovers. The only serious one I 'remember' was in the finalists trip, and that was a mix of alcohol and 3 straight days without sleep :P (such nice memories this brings back...). That time I slept for 18 hours and I was as good as new.

Usually I only get lack of appetite the day after a nice drinking night
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,274
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
well the unclean usually comes from not takin a shower after runnin around all night drinkin, i mean when ya go at it for 6-12 hours you're bound to break a sweat. :D
True, true. And I never took a bath or shower before going to bed, when I'm drunk, too... that probably explains it huh. And bleary-eyed was probably more due to lack of sleep, too.

Question... what's "Welsh blood"?
I'm descended from a family in Wales - it's next to England. Wales = Welsh people. They're ruddy-faced and not too different from the Irish as far as liking liquor :p

They also probably have the hardest language of all to learn... I'm not even going to try it, heh.
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
once i drank for 16 hours straight, not much but man i was tired after that :amuse
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
I don't remember the consequences from that night lol.. It might have been the night I wingmaned this really god-aweful girl with terrible breath that may as well have been a blow up doll =/ My friend was too much of a wimp to even get anywhere with his girl.

But anyway.. I'm good now, I'll have a little wine with my family, but no more heavy drinking, gotta love the mediteranean, heavy drinking isn't part of the culture.

On the other hand, living in the highest consuming smoker market in the world isn't too great for not smoking XD It's ok though, I don't really smoke, only when I go out to bars/clubs/taverns with my friends. It's just that here both my sister and her husband do it so there's no one to stop me, like I used to have my friends back home lol
 
Last edited:

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
well its easy to let it go to far, i mean ive busted my my stomach n kidneys cause of a to intense alcohol (ab)use (nuttin to serious luckily). it got better after i had a break n now i just take it way easier, tryin to drink less each time n stuff.
 

HuSSaR

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Chile
The best way to avoid hangover is keep being drunk.
 

Zwivix

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
864
Reaction score
19
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
The best way to avoid hangover is keep being drunk.
Omg thats the best idea i've heard all day! I'll try to remember that next time i'm gonna get drunk...I'll tell you if it works :amuse.
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
the cheapest way to avoid hangover is not to drink although ill admit thats not really fun >_>
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Actually, the truth is if you do keep drinking in the morning, or do not sleep (so the lachohol passes through you) you don't get a hangover in the morning..
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
well the mornin after drink is the first step to becommin a full fleged alcoholic :XD

i usuallt ake one o'those at work when im hungover >_>
 

Ichigo

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2007
Messages
152
Reaction score
8
Age
44
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I love whiskey. Jonnie Walker red... But I only drink import beer, American beer sucks ... i am now drinking some polish beer called perla lubelska
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I mixed between Vodka-Cola and Vodka-Orange the whole night, and what a bottle it was xD I dont care what you say, Vodka rules the most! I love playing PES and poker with my friends while drinking a nice Eristoff Vodka (god bless the Russians :P and the parents that are sleeping outside home xD)

A shot's being prepared for me to end the night so... cheers! :P
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
vodka is still the most overrated drink i know of, but i still chug bull/vodkas like a madman when im drunk. for some reason they taste really good when you're on your way to shitfaced-land..
 

Punky fish

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2007
Messages
216
Reaction score
90
Gender
Hidden
Country
Finland
I don't need alcohol for getting drunk.Coca cola is enough (really, sugar isn't good for me).
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
I don't need alcohol for getting drunk.Coca cola is enough (really, sugar isn't good for me).
Coca cola? ya kiddin me right? ya can get drunk on that? sure ya aint just got a sugar rush?
 
Top