Re: The Drunk Thread
in a bar, what cocktails do "guys" usually get? Nothing too strong, or too light either. I heard that "girls" typically get martinis. What about some "guy drinks"?
When I go to a bar with my friends I usually get the following:
Mixed drinks - Long Island Ice Tea, Mojito, Alabama Slammer/Red Devil (this isn't exactly manly though, despite how strong it is)
Straight Liquier - Jameson on the rocks, Half Scotch half water on ice
Shots - Kamikaze, Tequila, Jagermaister
Beer: Guinness, Black and Blue, Blue moon, Magners
If you are taking a girl out, and you offer to buy her a drink/she asks you to get her a drink and she says "I dunno, what do you recommend? ^^" you can order her a appletini, Tequila sunrise, or a mudslide that is in order of how drunk you want her to get (mudslide being the easiest to get her to take her pants off)
what beer do you guys recommend? I like Corona and Bud light (tell me if these are good choices).
No, unless you're living on your own and dirt poor in college with 6 guys in your dorm you do not buy Bud ever.
Good beers for parties are: Heineken, Amstel, Corona (girls tend to like it over the others) and Guinness
and what liquor in a bottle are recommended, especially when throwing a party? I've only tried Jim Beam and Jose Cuervo. I believe I've also tried Jack Daniels and some Vodka (I forgot what brand).
I categorize handles based on the kind of girls that are coming. Guys will drink anything, but girls are hard to please... so:
Girls that are casual friends (and more or less
just friends): Raspberry vodka (any), Jose Cuervo
Girls that are there to hook up: Jameson, Grey Goose, Jack Daniels, Walker (Black label and up), Henessy
Girls that are there but you don't know them and don't know their intentions: Malibu, Absolut, Henessy
These are fairly expensive, so know what you're doing if you're going to buy handles.
And remember the Grenadine/martini mix for mixing.
And what sake brand do you guys recommend, that are sold in the U.S.
No clue.. I prefer clear ones to the white ones though. My sushi place has a bunch, but I can't memorize the names because they are very difficult to write.
I consider myself as having low tolerance for alcohol (compared to my friends), and from experience, 5 shots of alcohol is probably enough to get me drunk.
2 things you can do about that:
1) Drink a moderate amount of alchohol (4 beer bottles/3 shots) once a week during a time you know you can go to sleep/stay somewhere safe to get your body adjusted to having alchohol in your system.
2) Fake it, when you pour yourself a drink, pour less than a shot of alcohol for yourself, and distill it mostly with sprite/coke whatever you're mixing it with. Also, make sure you're eating and know your limits (which only comes with experience). Most of all, have a friend who you've asked, if you start getting really tipsy to warn you because usually you won't be able to see it at first, but others will be.
Drink responsibly, make sure you don't drink and drive and finally, if you're the one hosting the house parties, make sure you have protection (quite possibly the only upside to getting your house f*cked up)